The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Saudi Arabia GP - 3-5th December

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's a fresh engine with different mapping which sacrifices engine lifetime for more power. Like running the infamous party mode for 3 races instead of cranking the engine down to make sure it lasts 6-7 races. 

I think all those Bottas' engine changes were due to experimenting with various high-power engine mappings to find the best solution. 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's a fresh engine with different mapping which sacrifices engine lifetime for more power. Like running the infamous party mode for 3 races instead of cranking the engine down to make sure it lasts 6-7 races. 

I think all those Bottas' engine changes were due to experimenting with various high-power engine mappings to find the best solution. 

Yea yea, that's what I meant to say. 

• Subscriber

We'll see won't we. Two straightforward races would most likely finish 1. HAM 2. VER and if Mercedes are indeed fastest at the last two races we need to reassess the narrative that "Red Bull have had the fastest car for most of the season" because it simply isn't true. As we've seen many times this year, though, there's no guarantee that races will be straightforward and I think we can expect safety cars at this race!

12 hours ago, nudge said:

Imagine the last race on the final lap. Lewis cruising to the title and his engine blows.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Like when he finished a race on three wheels. xD Fucking wizard. 

Yeah, like when after the Brazil sprint race, Norris said something along the lines "if he's gone from last to fifth in 24 laps, he should have three wheels on his car to make it a bit harder for him". I was like, dude, he already did that and still won xD

• Subscriber

Walls are close here going off the onboards I watched this week. Fast track should suit Mercedes but if we get a few safety cars or even a red flag we know things can get a bit crazy. Also talk that the new surface could make things freakier. Standard race would probably result in 1. HAM 2. VER again and the same in Abu Dhabi. It would be a surprise if we had a straightforward race on this track though and it would be lame for this season with so many bonkers races to end with three consecutive lights to flag runs for the top two.

Faster street circuits tend to get a bit wild one way or another. Baku, Melbourne, Montreal all technically fall into this category. Hope it's the same here.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived