The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Saudi Arabia GP - 3-5th December

football forum

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I think given that the walls are so close to the track, this is the place where Hamilton and Max probably collide again. 

Despite only two races left I'm convinced there will still be fireworks.

I had a dream last night where Max won the title in Jeddah as Hamilton crashed out while trying to overtake someone. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dcysnyqnyesf1ye9bo

• Subscriber

Track looks very fast, rather narrow, and mostly surrounded by walls. Looks fun, but could be a very chaotic race. There are a few corners with high kerbs close to the wall too (I think corner 13 in particular), that has potential of bad crashes.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Track looks very fast, rather narrow, and mostly surrounded by walls. Looks fun, but could be a very chaotic race. There are a few corners with high kerbs close to the wall too (I think corner 13 in particular), that has potential of bad crashes.

Imagine there is a huge crash on lap 1. The only 2 cars to finish the race are both Alfa Romeos.

• Subscriber

About to watch FP2. Looks like a good track from the highlights I've seen from earlier. Expecting at least 3 safety cars looking at some of those walls and surprised nobody has binned it in first practice. If they start pushing in this session things might get hairy.

I'm not yet sold on this "F1 can instigate change" in countries like Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Doesn't really stack up when you've been racing in Bahrain and China since the mid 2000s and UAE for almost as long. Either make a real stand or at least don't insult us by pretending that's a part of your motivation for racing here and not just because they're the highest bidders. 

Hopefully the rest of the weekend is as competitive as FP1 suggests because if we get another two weekends of Hamilton being 0.4s faster than anyone it's going to be an anti climax to this championship. I doubt that Hamilton has *that* engine in the car today, it'll be kept back for the rest of the weekend.

• Subscriber

So the F2 had a safety car after lap 1, a VSC following the restart and another late safety car when Pourchaire hit the wall in the same corner as Leclerc. All that in 20 laps.

The quality of racing was quite good but it's going to be harder for the F1 cars. Looks possible to fight back a move from turn 1 down into turn 4, but the entry is so narrow that most people attempting it in that sprint race couldn't take the inside like without running wide into the next corner.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived