talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Saudi Arabia GP - 3-5th December

football forum

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Unlucky Max, he rode his luck and got away with it in sector 1. But hats off to Max, he pushed and took risks. Small details making such a huge difference in this amazing season. 

RB have 30 minutes to appeal the Lewis decision after qualy.

I hope Max doesn't have to change any parts.

This is what I don't understand about some people - you don't have to like Max, but if you don't appreciate drivers taking risks, driving close to the edge and always giving 100%, then you don't love motorsports, simple as. It might not always be the cleverest thing to do, but damn it is pure adrenaline. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

This is what I don't understand about some people - you don't have to like Max, but if you don't appreciate drivers taking risks, driving close to the edge and always giving 100%, then you don't love motorsports, simple as. It might not always be the cleverest thing to do, but damn it is pure adrenaline. 

Exactly, am a Lewis fan but if that lap from Max didn't have you on the edge of your seat. Then you're a grade A bitchy snowflake.

• Subscriber

Probably the biggest mistake Max has made all season? What a time for it. Any finish ahead of Hamilton this weekend would have 90% sure have secured the championship.

Plenty of antics to come tomorrow though. Anybody not expecting it to be 1. HAM 2. VER end of lap one despite Bottas performing well in qualifying hasn't been paying much attention 👀.

• Subscriber

Max might get a grid penalty if they have to change his gearbox. Would start at P8 then I think, a lot of potential to get tangled up with other cars in Turn 1 😬

Second F2 race today had a crash that took 4 drivers  out in Turn 1 xD Then Vips crashed out trying to overtake Drugovich, and later Lawson crashed heavily into the wall. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Tomorrow could be one of those crazy races again with a totally unexpected winner if we have 2-3 or even more safety cars. 

Either that, or nobody crashes, and Lewis just cruises to the win.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst xD 

This is the way!

I honestly don't know if I can watch the start tomorrow. I'm so nervous and anxious at starts that I get sweaty hands and all, and this track is brutal. xD Maybe I watch football with 1 1/2 eyes and F1 with half an eye. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This is the way!

I honestly don't know if I can watch the start tomorrow. I'm so nervous and anxious at starts that I get sweaty hands and all, and this track is brutal. xD Maybe I watch football with 1 1/2 eyes and F1 with half an eye. :ph34r:

whats-the-matter-chicken.gif 

I was high on adrenaline for at least 2 hours after watching the quali; I am most definitely not missing the race xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I was high on adrenaline for at least 2 hours after watching the quali; I am most definitely not missing the race xD 

HatefulDaringKoodoo-max-1mb.gif

Yea, I'm completely hyped too. When they showed Max's last lap onboard I had sweaty hands again and I was so focused on it and rooting for him. His crash really felt like a punch in the guts. xD

5 hours ago, nudge said:

This season my heart pounds like fuck on the formation lap.

To be fair to Max, he's done well after damaged limitations this season. Even so tonight could be different if he was to get a grid penalty. In Russia he managed to get second, same in Qatar and in Mexico he started third and won the race.

Is having both Mercs good on the front row? In Mexico I felt like Bottas was in a catch 22. Fend off Max while letting Lewis through which he admitted to doing. But it never worked out as it's easier said then done, plus he does have some horrid starts does Bottas. Look at tonight, they're on the front row. If Lewis get s a poor start and Bottas gets a good start, Bottas may want to stay slower and LEwis get going. But if Max gets a good start, again it might end up being a catch 22.

All if's and buts though.

• Subscriber

Fuck, bad crash in F2 right after the start. Pourchaire's car suddenly stopped completely in the middle of the track, and Fittipaldi (?) crashed into him full speed. Red flag, no replays, ambulance :(

• The topic was unpinned

Archived