• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Countdown to Christmas

football forum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What hobbies or pastimes does he enjoy?? 

That's the thing, almost nothing besides work. xD He plays darts sometimes, he likes cars. That's pretty much all there is. 

42 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He's a metal worker for Mercedes Benz. 

I was going to suggest something he could use in his work but if that's what he does he probably has access to almost every tool under the sun as it is... What about a new phone??

A decent book?? 

A new watch maybe?? 

A subscription to something he likes?? 

I would have said something travel related but not really viable under in the current climate.. 

Something for his house he might need or could use?? 

• Subscriber

@Tommy Does he drink whisky or any other specific alcohol? My dad's the easiest person to buy presents for for this reason alone, a good bottle always does the job xD Or good cigars, maybe, if he's into it? A Zippo if he smokes.

A book is also a good call. My dad's been using my e-book reader way too much, so I got him his own this year 😂 

If he likes cars, maybe book him some racing tickets for next year? Or a test run or a Taxifahrt at Nürburgring or something? A few years ago, I booked a few laps in a Ferrari 430 Spider on a racing track for my father to drive as a birthday present, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. 

46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was going to suggest something he could use in his work but if that's what he does he probably has access to almost every tool under the sun as it is... What about a new phone??

A decent book?? 

A new watch maybe?? 

A subscription to something he likes?? 

I would have said something travel related but not really viable under in the current climate.. 

Something for his house he might need or could use?? 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

@Tommy Does he drink whisky or any other specific alcohol? My dad's the easiest person to buy presents for for this reason alone, a good bottle always does the job xD Or good cigars, maybe, if he's into it? A Zippo if he smokes.

A book is also a good call. My dad's been using my e-book reader way too much, so I got him his own this year 😂 

If he likes cars, maybe book him some racing tickets for next year? Or a test run or a Taxifahrt at Nürburgring or something? A few years ago, I booked a few laps in a Ferrari 430 Spider on a racing track for my father to drive as a birthday present, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Thanks for your help, folks. I appreciate it. He doesn't read, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink anything besides the occasional beer or sometimes a Schnaps every now and then. That'd be an option. Something local maybe. 

The racing thing sounds good. I'll look into it. Watch well, he has a few but nowadays he only wears some smartwatch to track his steps and shit. xD Something for the house. Well, he buys anything he needs himself. Most of the stuff unused in his basement. xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thanks for your help, folks. I appreciate it. He doesn't read, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink anything besides the occasional beer or sometimes a Schnaps every now and then. That'd be an option. Something local maybe. 

The racing thing sounds good. I'll look into it. Watch well, he has a few but nowadays he only wears some smartwatch to track his steps and shit. xD Something for the house. Well, he buys anything he needs himself. Most of the stuff unused in his basement. xD

IMG_20211217_131526.jpg

And then make Martinis for Christmas. Problem solved xD

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Voucher for a shopping mall?

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

IMG_20211217_131526.jpg

And then make Martinis for Christmas. Problem solved xD

And if he doesn't like Gin. I'll just make Martinis for myself and get drunk to forget about my failure to obtain a good Christmas present. 

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Voucher for a shopping mall?

He's not big into shopping. He orders everything he needs online. xD

Christmas 2019 I got my parents an awesome present. Tickets to some show of a famous TV Chef in Germany. It was supposed to take place in May 2020, and due to Covid, it's still delayed and they weren't able to go yet. xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Christmas 2019 I got my parents an awesome present. Tickets to some show of a famous TV Chef in Germany.

If I got such present to my parents, I'd get very different reactions. My mother would love it, while my father would probably disown me :ph34r:xD

Just now, nudge said:

If I got such present to my parents, I'd get very different reactions. My mother would love it, while my father would probably disown me :ph34r:xD

Both of my parents always watch his stuff on TV, so I knew they'd both love it. And they did. And then came Covid. xD

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And if he doesn't like Gin. I'll just make Martinis for myself and get drunk to forget about my failure to obtain a good Christmas present. 

He's not big into shopping. He orders everything he needs online. xD

Christmas 2019 I got my parents an awesome present. Tickets to some show of a famous TV Chef in Germany. It was supposed to take place in May 2020, and due to Covid, it's still delayed and they weren't able to go yet. xD

Voucher for a place he orders online.

On 14/12/2021 at 04:00, MUFC said:

Any of you ever been out to eat instead of cooking? It's become popular over recent years.

2016 - Had a western meal in Sapporo. Was alright. My first really different Christmas. 
2017 - A western (ish) meal at a restaurant in Siem Reap. 

2019 - had a meal at a nice restaurant. 

Wouldn’t do it every year!

• Subscriber

Steaks in the fridge - check
Beef for stir-fry marinating for 24 hours - check
Cold cuts & cheese board ready - check
Beer in the fridge - check
Whisky on the shelf - check

Think we're good to go.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Steaks in the fridge - check
Beef for stir-fry marinating for 24 hours - check
Cold cuts & cheese board ready - check
Beer in the fridge - check
Whisky on the shelf - check

Think we're good to go.

If you have a small fridge don't forget to have stack of beer near fridge for topping up purposes... 

• Subscriber

Wine cooler filling up, still a load of wine in the back room cupboard, won't touch the booze until we get back from our daughters tomorrow night after Xmas dinner, the wife said you are not going around there tomorrow with a hangover. :drunk:

thumbnail_20211224_160237.jpg

Archived