Brighton 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 12th March, 2022

football forums

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

On to Man City to respond,  this championship fight is going to be fun

I think if Salah is injured, it affects the title race, even in the short term. 

Not saying he carries them or that Liverpool are a 1 man team by any stretch, but he contributes a hell of a lot. It's almost a psychological thing for other teams knowing that Salah won't be playing if he is injured for a few games... 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not saying he carries them or that Liverpool are a 1 man team by any stretch, but he contributes a hell of a lot. It's almost a psychological thing for other teams knowing that Salah won't be playing if he is injured for a few games... 

It would be a concern if Salah was injured for a period. I think only Mane has showed he can play on the right effectively for us but that was in his first season before Salah arrived. No idea if Diaz could play there and I don't like Jota from the right.

I would be more concerned if we lost Alisson, Van Dijk or Fabinho for a period though.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

True,  but I think Liverpool carried Salah and Mane for a month no worries.  I think Liverpool will be good, they have enough depth to still be better than the other teams in the league not named Man City. 

It will be a good run in I think and who is to say somebody won't play spoil sport.

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It would be a concern if Salah was injured for a period. I think only Mane has showed he can play on the right effectively for us but that was in his first season before Salah arrived. No idea if Diaz could play there and I don't like Jota from the right.

I would be more concerned if we lost Alisson, Van Dijk or Fabinho for a period though.

Who is the back up goalkeepr

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Diaz is quality. Genuinely reminds me of Mahrez with the ball at his feet. Quick dribbler, lots of flair, skilful and great technique. 

He's just settled instantly. Frightening how good he could be say, 12 months from now

• The title was changed to Brighton 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 12th March, 2022
7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Five straight defeats now for Brighton.

Make no mistake about it, this is a team in absolute free fall.

The fact they've still got Norwich at home should see them safe but the rest of their run in is horrendous. Wouldn't count Brighton out of the battle at the bottom yet. Seems weird saying that because after seeing them at Anfield earlier in the season they looked really good 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

The fact they've still got Norwich at home should see them safe but the rest of their run in is horrendous. Wouldn't count Brighton out of the battle at the bottom yet. Seems weird saying that because after seeing them at Anfield earlier in the season they looked really good 

Without that run at the start of the season they'd be in that relegation battle. They've been really poor since around October/November. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Wouldn't count Brighton out of the battle at the bottom yet.

I would. They're 10 points clear of the bottom five, who all look beyond hopeless. I'll be amazed if one of those five teams manage to outscore Brighton by 10 points between now and the end of the season, let alone three of them.

Salah does look very much like the type who will still be a top player at 35. Lots of the best do. I guess it's mostly if he has a stint with Real, Barca or PSG in his mind. But Diaz & Jota are rather impressive. Regardless if Salah stays, if Mane suddenly dips dramatically. Clubs are always bigger than any individual, whoever the individual is.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived