19/05/2021 - Crystal Palace 1-3 Arsenal
14/01/2021 - Arsenal 0-0 Crystal Palace

Recent Form
Crystal Palace - WDWWD
Arsenal - WWLWW

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like Zaha and Olise may miss this fixture after picking up injuries on international duty.

It wouldn't surprise me if after an even game Arsenal become more clinical and take a 3-1 victory but our home form and form against bigger teams makes me confident of a score draw.

• Administrator

For a side chasing top 4, this is very poor from Arsenal. 

Palace's pressing across the whole pitch is too much for Arsenal. 

Also, not sure why Tierney hesitated so much for that foul by Odegaard on Zaha. 

• Administrator

Is it me or did Arssnal constantly just try and score the perfect goal whenever they approached Palace's box? 

No fan can say Palace didn't deserve that. They were dominant in every department. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Storts said:

I like them a lot 

Got the foundations for a good side I think, reminds me a little bit how we finished in 2018/19 after Rodgers came in - incidentally this involved beating Arsenal 3-0 in April as they chased the top four.

Given how wrong I think it could've gone for them they've done excellently. Got a lot of really fun players too. I'm gutted we never went for Olise.

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

Got the foundations for a good side I think, reminds me a little bit how we finished in 2018/19 after Rodgers came in - incidentally this involved beating Arsenal 3-0 in April as they chased the top four.

Given how wrong I think it could've gone for them they've done excellently. Got a lot of really fun players too. I'm gutted we never went for Olise.

When you consider how we out performed Wolves on both fixtures and the amount of points we dropped in the first half of the season through silly stoppage time errors, we could have been on the cusp of achieving something really special for a club of our size this season. We could still do with the FA Cup given we look capable of beating anybody on our day but beating Chelsea at Wembley will be a big ask.

Everything seems to be clicking together at the minute. There's a wealth of depth and ability in every position that is seemingly getting better every game. Players like Olise and Hughes can be rested and we can still beat Arsenal at home 3-0.

It's certainly the most exciting time to support Palace in my lifetime. I never thought id be saying that when Vieira turned up to pre season training with about 14 players. Replacing Kouyate and Gallagher will be critical but for now I really hope we push on and try to win as many games as we can.

54 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Replacing Kouyate and Gallagher will be critical but for now I really hope we push on and try to win as many games as we can.

There is Tino Anjorin who could do a job for you. Interested to see how Vieria develops him. Or you could try your luck on Ruben again. 

Webster and Simons still too young for a PL loan. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Martin Tyler: "oooooooh it's be feed THROUGH for number TWO from Jordan AYEW!!!"

Me: "Alright, where did I leave that noose."

He gets on my nerves these days. On Saturday he was willing Utd to score as much as he was disappointed when we did. Time to hang the mic up. 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 3-0 Arsenal - Monday 4th April, 2022

I dont think there was a lack of effort last  night. We seemed to be playing with intensity. Just couldn't get the passing together 

• The topic was unpinned
11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Arsenal still have to come to the Bridge, face United and then Spurs. 

Very tough few weeks. Let's see if they have the bottle. 

Its  not about bottle though is it? Those are hard games. Thats why some arsenal fans were careful about saying the top 4 race was over 

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

There is Tino Anjorin who could do a job for you. Interested to see how Vieria develops him. Or you could try your luck on Ruben again. 

Webster and Simons still too young for a PL loan. 

I do rate Anjorin but what we will miss most about Gallagher is his energy. Last night he was closing down everybody but he looked like he could win the ball everytime. It didn't matter if it was the center backs, the goalkeeper or the wide players. The crowd completely feed off him.

It wouldn't surprise me if once he starts for Thomas Tuchel that hes good enough to force Tuchel to make a role is made for him. The distance he's covered in the last two games against Man City and Arsenal shows that he's good enough to press against anybody.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I do rate Anjorin but what we will miss most about Gallagher is his energy. Last night he was closing down everybody but he looked like he could win the ball everytime. It didn't matter if it was the center backs, the goalkeeper or the wide players. The crowd completely feed off him.

It wouldn't surprise me if once he starts for Thomas Tuchel that hes good enough to force Tuchel to make a role is made for him. The distance he's covered in the last two games against Man City and Arsenal shows that he's good enough to press against anybody.

Should definitely be rested in your next league game. You wouldn't want him injured for the FA Cup game would you :whistling:

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yes his energy makes me think he will be a good box to box midfielder for us and he has a decent shot too.

Credit to Vieira for seeing that and playing him. 

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

3 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Yes his energy makes me think he will be a good box to box midfielder for us and he has a decent shot too.

Credit to Vieira for seeing that and playing him. 

I can personally see Gallagher cementing a spot. 

Kante will need to be managed considering he's had injury troubles for a couple years now. Kovacic has a reoccurring hamstring problem and Jorginho is being less favorable to Tuchel. Gallagher freshens up the midfield, and now with the league allowing 5 subs, it only reinforces to have him to continue our pressing game. 

Personally hope Gallagher, Broja, Maatsen and Cowill are in the team next year. CM, ST, LB, and CB sorted. 

Apparently there was some fan on facebook saying we should get viera. And a load of people agreed on Facebook.  I mean I could understand us getting him in but let's not pretend he will be a guaranteed success 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently there was some fan on facebook saying we should get viera. And a load of people agreed on Facebook.  I mean I could understand us getting him in but let's not pretend he will be a guaranteed success 

Arteta has done enough to earn another year, especially if you finish 4th. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Arteta has done enough to earn another year, especially if you finish 4th. 

I can understand them getting rid of him if we didnt. But like I said before I dont think we could any manager in we would need a good one. To be honest I get the impression with arsenal there other issues. I mean even if we had a top coach I still think we might struggle to compete. Not lack of funds recruitment maybe. And maybe a lack of long term strategy. 

Ty saying on AFTV they lost to a 'bunch of nobodys' made me laugh. They've only beaten us once in the last eight games!

Also the bloke that says 'blud' all the time and now watches the matches shouting in a pub surrounded by children must have the shortest video clips when Arsenal are doing well. It cannot be healthy being that angry all the time.

Archived