talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley Sack Sean Dyche

It's going to be one of those ones where if they manage to survive, it all looks great but if they don't, a gigantic fail as I don't see them coming back up. Either way, Dyche absolutely deserves to be hailed as a legend there.

I think the day of the "firefighter" manager is over. Allardyce going down last season, Hodgson looking highly unlikely to be able to save Watford, a manager like Eddie Howe who was never seen as a pragmatic, safety first, keep you up coach doing it at Newcastle. Football has gone beyond that. Managers who have never managed in a relegation battle have never done so because they win more games than they lose. It's as simple as that so a Rafa or a Nuno may not be a bad call but I doubt they'd take it and get a possible relegation on their CV, they'll probably wait until the summer to make their next move.

It all looks very short-sighted.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

In late to this topic but just wanted to agree that it was a shit decision.  I've no time for Burnley largely due to their playing style but Dyche was the epitomy of that club... lived and breathed Burnley and if they were going to stay up it would've been under him.  He's proven that he can work with a limited budget so there will no doubt be suitors lining up in the coming months if not weeks.

Burnley are surely down now.  If I was a fan I'd be irate.  

On 17/04/2022 at 09:18, Rick said:

West Brom should be going in Dyche. There aren’t any safe teams in the top flight who would take him. 

Dyche lives down that way too 

1 hour ago, Tar-Mairon said:

It's going to be one of those ones where if they manage to survive, it all looks great but if they don't, a gigantic fail as I don't see them coming back up. Either way, Dyche absolutely deserves to be hailed as a legend there.

I think the day of the "firefighter" manager is over. Allardyce going down last season, Hodgson looking highly unlikely to be able to save Watford, a manager like Eddie Howe who was never seen as a pragmatic, safety first, keep you up coach doing it at Newcastle. Football has gone beyond that. Managers who have never managed in a relegation battle have never done so because they win more games than they lose. It's as simple as that so a Rafa or a Nuno may not be a bad call but I doubt they'd take it and get a possible relegation on their CV, they'll probably wait until the summer to make their next move.

It all looks very short-sighted.

Fk rafa don't want that prick. He'll see himself as being above Burnley too 

The rumour I heard is Chris Wilder was invited to a Burnley game in the director's box by the owners  without Sean Dyche knowing. 

That would make a lot of sense given the sudden departure of Dyche, but also the downturn in form by Middlesbrough fighting for a playoff spot. 

If Chris Wilder has been talking to Burnley whilst trying to lead Boro to playoffs and taking his eye off the ball, that is very disrespectful to his current club. 

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The rumour I heard is Chris Wilder was invited to a Burnley game in the director's box by the owners  without Sean Dyche knowing. 

That would make a lot of sense given the sudden departure of Dyche, but also the downturn in form by Middlesbrough fighting for a playoff spot. 

If Chris Wilder has been talking to Burnley whilst trying to lead Boro to playoffs and taking his eye off the ball, that is very disrespectful to his current club. 

Rumour from where? 

Can't see why we'd replace dyche with wilder. To me that's a backwards step. 

1 hour ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Rumour from where? 

Can't see why we'd replace dyche with wilder. To me that's a backwards step. 

I heard this on the Stag do I've just come back from in Manchester. 

To add fuel to the fire, I've now just seen that Simon Jordan has publically said on Talksport that he knows Chris Wilder was invited to a game recently.

I've also just seen Chris Wilder's post match interview from yesterday where he point blank refused to answer (or deny if you wish to spin it as such) any speculation on being linked to Burnley.

It's interesting to see what contract Boro had initially given him because I can't find anything on that, and whether Burnley have got wind he could be available end of the season.

Odd behaviour all round but this very much feels like a clash between owners and Dyche that has been brewing over time.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I heard this on the Stag do I've just come back from in Manchester. 

To add fuel to the fire, I've now just seen that Simon Jordan has publically said on Talksport that he knows Chris Wilder was invited to a game recently.

I've also just seen Chris Wilder's post match interview from yesterday where he point blank refused to answer (or deny if you wish to spin it as such) any speculation on being linked to Burnley.

It's interesting to see what contract Boro had initially given him because I can't find anything on that, and whether Burnley have got wind he could be available end of the season.

Odd behaviour all round but this very much feels like a clash between owners and Dyche that has been brewing over time.

I for one don't want the arrogant bastard. Got found out big-time no plan b 

New owners. Dyche was use to the others so maybe. 

One things for sure he should of been backed by the previous owners start of last season and wasn't at all. Apart from Stephens and norris (keeper) neither fit to play Premier league football.. 

I maintain what I've said all along. Wilder is a backward step 

44 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Some Burnley fans think we're getting Vincent Kompany 😂 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Only somebody with the IQ of a peanut would believe that 

It's been breaking through a few outlets, sent you a PM with the details.

14 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Not got anything. Somebody said other week they'd look into it and nothing @Stanyou any idea why I don't get messages through pm 

We disabled Whisky's a PM ago because he was irritating people.

From what I've seen Kompany has been priced in a few bookie outlets but nothing to suggest he's leaving Anderlecht where he's yet to win a trophy.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Not got anything. Somebody said other week they'd look into it and nothing @Stanyou any idea why I don't get messages through pm 

11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Thanks @Stan

Try sending a PM to another member first and see if that works. @CaaC (John)is usually quite responsive by PM. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Try sending a PM to another member first and see if that works. @CaaC (John)is usually quite responsive by PM. 

john-c-reilly-yes.gif

Archived