03/01/2021 - Newcastle 1-2 Leicester

Recent Form
Newcastle - WLLLW
Leicester - WWDDW

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This'll be Newcastle's easiest win of the season.

Our focus is 100% on Europa Conference League. Some players will be rested for Everton at least, anyway.

• Subscriber

I keep thinking that of recent games but our results have definitely picked up in the league. Think we've had a little fortune but also think we're becoming a little harder to play through, which is good.

I think Perez should start. Excellent cameo Thursday and he's bound to score.

I'd play Maddison or Tielemans here, and then the other on Wednesday.

Change the entire back four. We've got the luxury of being able to now.

Dewsbury-Hall will need a rest at some point you would imagine.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Dan said:

I keep thinking that of recent games but our results have definitely picked up in the league. Think we've had a little fortune but also think we're becoming a little harder to play through, which is good.

That's pretty much entirely what he's done xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m absolutely fucking fed up of these officials. How does that go to an on field review? Why can’t the cunt in the box not decide it’s a clean goal? Pathetic levels of officiating. 

He probably couldn't see? 

Soft goal to concede. Marking should be better; Kasper should do better too. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m absolutely fucking fed up of these officials. How does that go to an on field review? Why can’t the cunt in the box not decide it’s a clean goal? Pathetic levels of officiating. 

I keep saying this but the amount of times I know a decision before the referee, watching the game on TV, sums up how broken the system is.

• Subscriber

Thought we played well for parts of it but another stupidly soft goal has ruined it. To say we've made 8 changes I've been encouraged by some of this but we're handicapped as a team for as long as we concede stupid goals.

• Subscriber

I think Schmeichel's a bit of a problem in these kinds of areas. Never been a strength of his. It's exacerbated when the rest of the team are clueless at them as well.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

How's Ademola Lookman been for yous? Always looked like he had a flash of brilliance about him but wasn't fancied by three managers at Everton which led me to believe there was something up behind the scenes. Didn't do much at Leipzig, did OK at Fulham and now with you at Leicester, is he a player or?

• Administrator

Fucking shite. Weak as piss sometimes we are. 

Basic errors leading to that goal. Tielemans too easy to run by. KDH didn't track Guimaraes. That 2nd half was so dire anyway from us. Didn't look like scoring at all. 

You'd expect Maddison, Barnes and Iheanacho to do more when they came on but were totally ineffective. 

Disappointed that we lost after leading too. And of course another set piece goal conceded. 

• Subscriber

Both teams didn't look remotely bothered, I think that's what makes losing it so galling, the second half was the dullest half of football I've seen all season. To lose it from there - I know it's largely a dead rubber for us but it's fucking infuriating. We were under no pressure at all.

It was such an avoidable goal. Again.

Thought for the last 15-20 minutes of the first half we were in the ascendancy and if it continued would only be a matter of time before the lead. But we've come out poor in that 2nd half, then knicked it right at the death. To mask that display.

The game didn't matter so neither does any of this either to be honest.

Though we have Palace at home next and I think that will define what we can do this season. Can we get 10th-12th or just fade out with boredom.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

How's Ademola Lookman been for yous? Always looked like he had a flash of brilliance about him but wasn't fancied by three managers at Everton which led me to believe there was something up behind the scenes. Didn't do much at Leipzig, did OK at Fulham and now with you at Leicester, is he a player or?

I don't mind him to be honest. Very hot and cold but I think if you picked our best XI this season he'd probably pip Barnes to it on the form shown. He's pretty bad on the right but he's quite a fun player.

I'd make the deal permanent if it was about £10mil and we went for another player on the right so he doesn't have to play there.

On the flip side... how is Gray now? Great start but seems to have gone off the boil.

Archived