The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth's 12 Month Premier League Thread

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just hope Forest come up through playoffs

No thanks. Hope Luton (if they get there) fuck them up. 

Just now, Stan said:

No thanks. Hope Luton (if they get there) fuck them up. 

Is Leicester - Forest considered a derby? Wouldn't it be nice to have an actual rival for you back in the league?

Luton getting destroyed by Fulham to me indicates they're not even close to ready for the PL, so I suppose it would be a bit funny to see them in the league. The downside of having them in the league is that traveling fans across the country will be made to come to Luton, though. And tbh that's close to a crime against humanity.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Leicester - Forest considered a derby? Wouldn't it be nice to have an actual rival for you back in the league?

Luton getting destroyed by Fulham to me indicates they're not even close to ready for the PL, so I suppose it would be a bit funny to see them in the league. The downside of having them in the league is that traveling fans across the country will be made to come to Luton, though. And tbh that's close to a crime against humanity.

Nah I prefer to see them suffer. To some it is a rivalry, others not. 

Forest promoted is a success for them. I don't see why you'd want to see your rivals succeed... 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Forest promoted is a success for them. I don't see why you'd want to see your rivals succeed... 

So you can play them next season and break their hearts.

Gotta build 'em up to tear 'em down.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just hope Forest come up through playoffs

Fuck that. If we're having Bournemouth back we need to at least make it worthwhile. I don't want this lot back for no reason.

I think they're an almost certain drop next year.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

There are pros and cons for me but more cons. I don't take for granted being above them and Derby as much as I think there's still a substantial gap for them to close even if they did go up. I think if I was a neutral I'd be absolutely wanting Forest up but I cannot wish them success. It's Nottingham's team for god sake. That place beats us to enough things already, I want us well ahead of them on football.

Don't get me wrong if they come up there's only two things I'm looking for on fixture day and it will add some edge to our league campaign that a season like this one for example sorely missed, but I can't wish them promotion. Imagine we have another terrible window and they smash it. I thought we were years away from them finishing above us but this would be a closing of the gap.

I have to say though Bournemouth are one of the last sides I wanted up. Bournemouth under Howe had something about them even if I was bored of them by the end and they were a little shit. It was a genuinely good story and one that gets harshly cast aside. Post Howe Bournemouth is as dull as it comes. But fair play to them, they threw the first nail into Forest's promotion so they get a pass from me for a while.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf, Fulham have basically torn the entire league apart (though when you have a clear financial advantage over the league and can spend £12m on one player, that isn't hard).

As for Bournemouth, the mighty Kieffer Moore will destroy the prem. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tbf, Fulham have basically torn the entire league apart (though when you have a clear financial advantage over the league and can spend £12m on one player, that isn't hard).

The team that player was at last year must have been shocking to not even make the playoffs.

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To be fair you can understand why he wouldn't want them up when they smashed Leicester 4-1 in the Cup this season :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Scott Parker's press quotes were pretty damning.

We were all saying last season that if they don't get promoted they could be in serious trouble given the money they had spent in January to get back in to the Premier League. I just wonder if they dipped in to this year's transfer budget to really go for promotion.

The rationale of "Well we wanted Woodman in the summer and even though Travers has been good we will still get Woodman anyway" is the type of rationale that gets clubs in the situation that Reading, Derby and now Birmingham have been in.

• The title was changed to Bournemouth's 12 Month Premier League Thread

Archived