talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Transfers

20 hours ago, Danny said:

Have Norwich got much young talent in their team? Because those transfers don't scream "let's have another crack at staying up in the Prem if we get up", they scream "here comes the yoyo".

It sounds like they don't have the quality or depth coming through that they had 5 years ago with Aarons, Godfrey, Murphy twins etc.

Liam Gibbs seems to have had a good season but not seen enough of him, Andrew Omobamidele has been linked with some big clubs previously but Norwich fans didn't sound impressed with him last season, Bali Mumba (who they got from Sunderland) had a very good loan spell at Peterborough but they've just signed Jack Stacey in his position, and Adam Idah has shown gimplises of being a good forward but also seems to be injury prone.

• Subscriber

Danilo Orsi left us for Crawley. Happy it's on a fee but disappointed he didn't get more minutes for us last season as whenever he came on or played, he was a major threat up top for us.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

What a disappointment he was. He'd looked excellent every time I'd seen him before. You did have to wonder why he was still in Croatia at that age though.

In other news - lots of our ITKs are saying we're going to sign Callum Doyle. Lovely stuff. A bright prospect and even more importantly will annoy Coventry fans.

• Subscriber

We're likely to confirm Callum Doyle and Zach Steffen signings this weekend apparently.

Delighted with Doyle. That's exactly the kind of deal I want more of. Young, left sided centre half, just won Coventry player of the season (though my mate who supports them is baffled at how it couldn't be Gyokeres who he thinks is top drawer). Only shitter is we're capped in how much we can sell him for - but then if Man City want him back, that by default means the signing worked.

Steffen I'm less convinced about. I'm generally of the belief that I'm taking a shot stopper over a distributor but I appreciate that's at odds with how Maresca will see it and he'll prefer a distributor. His shot stopping looks pretty ordinary at best. Just feel it's another stopgap type of signing if anything. I'm OK with it for a sensible fee but Middlesbrough fans I've come across weren't huge fans. It's not a disaster signing but just kind of think that the scouts may have had a bit more up their sleeve - particularly given he's out until September, meaning the dreaded Ward may get the nod.

• Subscriber
On 07/07/2023 at 17:44, Dan said:

We're likely to confirm Callum Doyle and Zach Steffen signings this weekend apparently.

Delighted with Doyle. That's exactly the kind of deal I want more of. Young, left sided centre half, just won Coventry player of the season (though my mate who supports them is baffled at how it couldn't be Gyokeres who he thinks is top drawer). Only shitter is we're capped in how much we can sell him for - but then if Man City want him back, that by default means the signing worked.

Steffen I'm less convinced about. I'm generally of the belief that I'm taking a shot stopper over a distributor but I appreciate that's at odds with how Maresca will see it and he'll prefer a distributor. His shot stopping looks pretty ordinary at best. Just feel it's another stopgap type of signing if anything. I'm OK with it for a sensible fee but Middlesbrough fans I've come across weren't huge fans. It's not a disaster signing but just kind of think that the scouts may have had a bit more up their sleeve - particularly given he's out until September, meaning the dreaded Ward may get the nod.

Slight delay but both still coming. Doyle's a done deal apparently. Steffen would be a loan rather than a permanent as well which I'm a bit happier about.