talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Transfers

Annoying for us because we're crying out for a LB and he ticked all the boxes. Would be very curious to know how serious our interest actually was but fact remains, I'm still disappointed we didn't get rhis over the line.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

We were linked with Yates and I can't say I was too enamoured. Swansea's about the type of move I expected.

I expect Doyle to be announced tomorrow as he had a medical earlier. It's a loan now rather than a permanent which is a shitter.

We're quite a way off still. After a promising weekend two weeks ago with Winks/Coady signed there's been very little since. Now Doyle as I say is virtually there but we still need a lot of work - I'd say probably another 5/6 or so even after Doyle is in.

My big fear is that lots of these players we have now, the deadwood, end up just being who we use rather than new signings. So more players who've mentally clocked out of this place on decent wages rather than the opposite. We're so fucking shit at moving players on. I think I'll punch somebody if I read "Praet Torino" one more time.

Southampton are moving.

£9m is a fair chunk to spend on a player but given the success of Lavia, you've got to think the investment could be well worth it.

At this rate, it could be an absolute coast for them and Leicester, unless one of the teams from last year get their ducks in a row.
Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

At this rate, it could be an absolute coast for them and Leicester, unless one of the teams from last year get their ducks in a row.

Good signing for them, albeit expensive. My worry is that we're not signing any creative players yet...

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Lucas said:

Southampton are moving.

£9m is a fair chunk to spend on a player but given the success of Lavia, you've got to think the investment could be well worth it.

I'm extremely torn on us. I think the tools are there for us to piss it but I also think it's nowhere near a guarantee and it hinges a lot on how good Maresca truly is. I think we're behind where we should be in progress of our squad, but that comes as no surprise at all to me.

On 13/07/2023 at 16:36, Lucas said:

Southampton are moving.

People remember the good Man City players, but a lot of blown cold. Edozie and Bazunu contributed to the square root of FA for Southampton, whilst the likes of Liam Delap and Luke Mbete who were anticipated to 'breeze through this level' have appeared to have gone backwards at this level. Then there's players like Ben Knight, CJ Egan-Riley and Kian Breckin who people have completely forgotten about.

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

As well as Ramsey, we signed Karlan-Grant on loan from WBA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66210792

Looking a little more optimistic for the season now.

Considering you cannot pay transfer fee's, you've been amazingly fortunate to get two players of their quality in so fair play. 

I can see Grant in particular being a very good signing for you if he can rediscover his form.

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

Considering you cannot pay transfer fee's, you've been amazingly fortunate to get two players of their quality in so fair play. 

I can see Grant in particular being a very good signing for you if he can rediscover his form.

True. Don't think anyone was expecting either of those to be signed this season. Bulut/Committee has clearly seen our weakness in attack and has been reinforcing that.

Meite could be useful if he can keep fit, while Goutas and Ugbo are unknown at present. Still need to strengthen, but it's looking more promising after these two.

• Administrator

We've signed a ball-playing goalkeeper and Denmark's number 2 Mads Hermansen. Quite highly rated and think he'll be quite a bit. Hopefully can create some kind of longevity and legacy like Kasper did for us.

I can also only hope this means Ward is sold... 

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66221218

Ethan Ampadu confirmed for Leeds now on a 4 year deal.

Yep, happy with that.

Having a permanent home now could really be the making of him and great to find out he's really good mates with Tyler Adams. Good age tooand comes with a fair amount of experience having played at an International tournament and played in Germany/Italy.

If them two pair together in midfield we'll be very tough and resolute, not something you could say about Leeds a lot of the time.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12920917/danny-drinkwater-keen-on-leicester-city-return-after-year-out-of-football

Danny Drinkwater wants to return to Leicester to help them achieve promotion.

If Leicester take him up on that, and are willing to pay anyone else £50-60k a week to be shit at football... tell them to give me a call. I'll probably turn up to training drunk less often than Drinkwater too.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Karl Darlow to Leeds @Lucas

Yep, been doing the rounds for ages that one. They want to flog Meslier and get someone more experienced in.

For The Championship he's a decent option. I think if we went up, we'd probably want to replace him but for where we're at now, its a solid option.

Birmingham City have bought Lee Buchanan from Werder Bremen for £1.3 million(1.5 million). Buchanan didn't really make the impression that Werder Bremen expected from him last season. Seeing as Buchanan didn't meet expectations and that Werder signed him on a free from Derby County last season, this is probably the right decision for them. Because they also make some profit with the transfer fee received from Birmingham City.

Rumours have it that Birmingham City are also after Werder Bremen's other British player, namely their Scottish forward Oliver Burke. Personally, I hope that Burke stays at Werder Bremen for at least another year, as I believe he is a really good player on his day. I just think that he needs to be more consistent.

Lee Buchanan: Birmingham sign defender from Werder Bremen on five-year contract - BBC Sport