talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Transfers

If we keep Gnonto, Sinisterra, and Summerville today having added what we've added, and if we can still get one or two more done, we'll be in ok shape, especially with a couple to come back from injury.

First team on paper now is really looking juicy.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

If we keep Gnonto, Sinisterra, and Summerville today having added what we've added, and if we can still get one or two more done, we'll be in ok shape, especially with a couple to come back from injury.

First team on paper now is really looking juicy.

You've strengthened so much you actually look like there's a decent chance at obliterating the league. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Panzo from Forest to Cardiff on loan. Not bad for you @Bluebird Hewitt. Was good for Coventry last season

Got shot of Jack Simpson yesterday by mutual consent and signed Panzo on loan as his replacement, even though it's a loan. Happily take that any day of the week.

It says a lot that we had Simpson available for the Wednesday and Birmingham games, yet never made the bench for other, despite having no other CB's at the time.

• 3 months later...

Silly season has started on our end with the following.

1. Re-sign Kieffer Moore permanently (according to some, it's apparently a done deal, but we'll wait and see).

2. David Brooks on loan (would be over the moon with this, though can't see it happening myself).

3. Tyler Roberts (not sure if loan or permanent but either way, I might hang myself if this happens. I'm sure @Lucas would be pissing himself laughing).

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Silly season has started on our end with the following.

1. Re-sign Kieffer Moore permanently (according to some, it's apparently a done deal, but we'll wait and see).

2. David Brooks on loan (would be over the moon with this, though can't see it happening myself).

3. Tyler Roberts (not sure if loan or permanent but either way, I might hang myself if this happens. I'm sure @Lucas would be pissing himself laughing).

No.2 would be a great outcome. 

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'd rather have Harvey Price mate.

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2024 at 16:42, Stan said:

Gutted for Plymouth. Manager leaves them, then one of their better players goes too. 

He was recalled so they could sell? That is brutal.

Almost as brutal as us loaning AFC Wimbledon a player who became their best player for half a season, recalled him in the January and then loaned him out to MK Dons…in the same division xD

Edited by Danny
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Danny said:

He was recalled so they could sell? That is brutal.

Almost as brutal as us loaning AFC Wimbledon a player who became their best player for half a season, recalled him in the January and then loaned him out to MK Dons…in the same division xD

To be honest the Azaz one is fair enough. The Cundle one is particularly brutal as they're not even selling him to Stoke, just another loan.

Two key players gone and they won't see a penny for it. For that to happen once is hard but twice is sickening, just after the manager goes and it looks like now they'll probably have to sell Morgan Whittaker to Brentford too, I'm guessing that's to finance replacements for the other two, as well as Whittaker himself now.

I think any club worth their salt shouldn't be scared to lose people, but when you're losing that many and not even taking any money in a couple of instances it's a bitter blow and it could derail them a bit I fear. Hope they survive. You just know their one away win this season is going to come at Stoke.

14 hours ago, Dan said:

Two key players gone and they won't see a penny for it. For that to happen once is hard but twice is sickening, just after the manager goes and it looks like now they'll probably have to sell Morgan Whittaker to Brentford too, I'm guessing that's to finance replacements for the other two, as well as Whittaker himself now.

Interesting that. Palace fans have latched on to some random hope that wed be interested. With Palace I'd question if he has enough to influence our XI but with Brentford I think they'd mould him in to a good player over time. Even though Brentford have more squad depth and he'd initially get less game time.