talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

DFB-Pokal 22/23

• Subscriber

Unfortunate. Two mistakes directly lead to both goals; World class strike from Hofler but Coman has to clear that better and no complaints about the handball from Musiala... thats just a lapse. Not trying to take away credit from Freiburg they played an excellent match, very tight at the back, they left their all on the pitch and credit to them, Im rooting for them going forward. But at the end of the day its not a match we should have lost, not good enough up front. Even the subs... Müller going up top just has never worked. Maybe that speaks to lack of options again as our only other #9 when Choups comes out is a 17 year old Tel, even then he might look more like a winger... but I digress. Mane just hasn't been good enough since a handful of matches to start the season. It was always a tall ask of Tuchel so Ill reserve judgement on him, much like Nag's I still think this is more on the players to be better. One of our best couple players on the day was Cancelo, good for him but not for the rest of the team. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still baffled that Upamecano's goal stood. He had both of his hands on Eggestein's shoulders and pushed him down. Even Flick said at half-time that it should have been ruled off. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I'm still baffled that Upamecano's goal stood. He had both of his hands on Eggestein's shoulders and pushed him down. Even Flick said at half-time that it should have been ruled off. 

I agree, VAR is spineless. I also dont understand how that wasn't even a foul on Choupo as hes beating seemingly the last man back and had his arms all over him, dont remember who the defender was but late first half? idk man some weird decisions. 

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Here's a useless but funny stat, Stuttgart used 4 managers to reach the semifinals, which is more than the three other semifinalists count together (3).xD

Didn't Marco Rose join Fizzy midseason?  But I get your point.

I posted this in Discord... that was an ugly match but Stuttgart really needed a win against anyone just to boost their confidence.  It's nice to Guirassy back as he seems to be the only consistent goal threat.  I'd say they have zero chance of progressing further but all focus should be on the league regardless.

37 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Disagree, would even go as far as saying Frankfurt are huge favorites in this match.

I'd agree that Frankfurt are favorites.  But Stuttgart was able to go to Frankfurt and get a result not even a month ago, with Labbadia at the helm and hoofball in play.  Now they're at home, with a new coach, no injury issues (as of now), and a better strategy.  Of the remaining clubs left this would've been my choice of matchup.

Edit to add that Frankfurt's form, after being shit hot for a couple months, is awful.  They are falling away from European contention and losing to the clubs that are in and around them in the table.

• 3 weeks later...

Freiburg started well and then concede two goals within 90 seconds. Time to switch off. I can't stand to see Freiburg lose against this artificial piece of absolute cunt club. 

• Administrator

Looked like a cracking game between Stuttgart and Frankfurt. The latter win 3-2 in the end. 

Frankfurt vs RB Leipzig in the final next month. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure, whether it belongs here or in the 3.Liga and below thread: still, since FCS was the 4th best team in 3.Liga (well actually on 5th spot  but Freiburg II are dropping out of the scoring as 2nd team of a Buli club) and Elversberg won 3.Liga both Saarland-Pokal finalists are already qualified for next season's DFB-Pokal via their league position. Therefore a match between the two losing Saarland -Pokal semi-finalists is scheduled for today to decide next season's DFB-Pokal starter from Saarland-Pokal. Don't know for sure, if such occurence happened before in any of the Landespokals, but can role it out for this cup and believe it didn't.

Since the winner of this match is qualified for DFB-Pokal 23/24 I'll post the result here.

Saarish DFB-Pokal qualifier ended: Auersmacher 1-4 Homburg.

Gutted we not only missed the promotion/relegation play-offs versus Bielefeld but also enabled Homburg of all clubs to qualify for DFB-Pokal. How I wished we had finished on 6th spot and Dynamo Dresden were qualified instead of them.:shoot:

6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Saarish DFB-Pokal qualifier ended: Auersmacher 1-4 Homburg.

Gutted we not only missed the promotion/relegation play-offs versus Bielefeld but also enabled Homburg of all clubs to qualify for DFB-Pokal. How I wished we had finished on 6th spot and Dynamo Dresden were qualified instead of them.:shoot:

Let's just focus on the positives here.  FCS are in the Pokal next season.

Just now, Coma said:

Let's just focus on the positives here.  FCS are in the Pokal next season.

We would be qualified anyway since we play the final against Elversberg. Dresden are out of the cup though, since they didn't qualify for the Sachsen-Pokal final. Bit sad teams like them, Waldhof, 1860, and MSV Duisburg all didn't qualify.

4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

We would be qualified anyway since we play the final against Elversberg. Dresden are out of the cup though, since they didn't qualify for the Sachsen-Pokal final. Bit sad teams like them, Waldhof, 1860, and MSV Duisburg all didn't qualify.

Is there a site that shows all the Landespokal winners for this past season?  I'd be curious to know who won what.  

17 minutes ago, Coma said:

Is there a site that shows all the Landespokal winners for this past season?  I'd be curious to know who won what.  

On a side note ARD will broadcast all 21 Landespokal finals on simultan cast from 12:30 CET on, if you're interested.

Today, throughout the day the Landespokal-finals take place.

Here is a overview of the matches. Teams qualified for DFB-Pokal 23/24 are in bold. Will update the results, when the respective matches are finished:

Niedersachsen(Amateure):  Bersenbrück 3-0 Spelle-Venhaus

Baden:  Pforzheim 0-2 Astoria Walldorf

Berlin:   Makkabi Berlin 3-1(et) Sparta Lichtenberg

Brandenburg:   Energie Cottbus 4-1 Luckenwalde

Bremen:  Oberneuland 1-0(pen) Aumund-Vegesack

Hamburg:   Sasel 0-1 Teutonia Ottensen

Sachsen-Anhalt:  Einheit Wernigerode 0-1 Halle

Schleswig-Holstein:  Weiche Flensburg 1-2 Lübeck

Thüringen:  Carl Zeiss Jena 4-2 Wacker Nordhausen

Mecklenburg - Vorpommern:  Einheit Ueckermünde 2-5 Rostocker FC

Mittelrhein:  Düren 0-2 Viktoria Köln

Niedersachsen (Profis):  Atlas Delmenhorst 1-2 Osnabrück (Osnabrück are already qualified from 3.Liga 3rd spot, therefore Delmenhorst are qualified as runners-up)

Rheinland:  Immendorf 0-1 RW Koblenz

Südbaden: Villingen 0-3 Oberachern

Südwest:  Wormatia Worms 2-3(pen) Schott Mainz

Westfalen:  Spvgg Erkenschwick 0-1(pen) Gütersloh

Niederrhein:   RW Essen 2-0 RW Oberhausen

Saarland:  Saarbrücken 2-3(et) Elversberg (Both teams qualified anyway via their 3.Liga position, qualified from the decision match between the semi-final losers: Homburg)

Sachsen:  Lok Leipzig 3-0 Chemnitz

Württemberg:  Stuttgarter Kickers 1-2(pen) Balingen

Bayern:  Illertissen 1-0(pen) Ingolstadt

Hessen:  FSV Frankfurt 3-2(pen) Steinbach Haiger

I'd like Frankfurt to win, but RB Leipzig have to be the heavy favourites going into this DFB Pokal final. RB Leipzig's form and performances towards the end of the season was excellent. They look strong in all areas of the pitch. Laimer and Haidara are excellent in the midfield holding positions, while Nkunku, Werner, Olmo and Szoboszlai are superb forward players. Nkunku in particular will be a real threat. But I think RB Leipzig will control the midfield battle. Frankfurt's hope lies with Kolo Muani, with a class forward such as him, there's always hope. Hopefully Gotze and Kamada have strong games as well, as their creativity will be vital this evening.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived