The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-1 Chelsea - Saturday 6th August, 2022

football forums

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was under the impression that the new rules stated that emergencies in the crowd were not supposed to stop play??? 

Commentators said there's a doctor in each ground for such occasions, and if its serious enough then play will be stopped.

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was under the impression that the new rules stated that emergencies in the crowd were not supposed to stop play??? 

Difficult to enforce if someone runs on the pitch to signal doctors over

Just now, Stan said:

Commentators said there's a doctor in each ground for such occasions, and if its serious enough then play will be stopped.

Just now, Danny said:

Difficult to enforce if someone runs on the pitch to signal doctors over

Agreed, A copper walking on the pitch is difficult to ignore... Ref's do have an ear piece for messages of a serious nature.. 

Here is the ruling... 

image.thumb.png.a9ac28a0ae1b044df6a6741ed859d868.png

• Subscriber

Defence looked good, attack looked poor in both approach and individual performance. Gray and Gordon weren't very good. Nor was McNeil but I'd have left him on over either of those two because he might score a 30 yard banger.

Still, not a disasterclass from us. A few decent positives and more players to come in.

Overall the game was poor from both sides, we did okay defending our final third is again poor with only Sterling managing to be a threat. Kai was poor, so was Mason and Pulisic is now just a waste of wages he can't do anything. Pleased with Koulibaly hopefully his injury isn't bad, Sterling also solid on his debut. Cucurella had a good cross for Sterling before his shot was blocked. Both academy products Broja and Gallagher came on but haven't had much of an impact on the game. Broke the 4 year defeat strike at Goodison park and happy i don't see it again until next year. Onto the next one.

1 minute ago, Chickasaw said:

Are you entirely happy with that Bluewolf?

Given the way the game went I am more relieved than happy we got the win.. It was hard work and once again we have a lot of possession but seem to lack clear chance creation in the final third... Only 3 shots that entire second half and not one on target which is the same problem we were having last season... How many corners did we have in the end?? 16 and not one decent shot on goal from any of them? that's troubling, All we seem to have done is what I feared and papered over the cracks of last season and can expect much the same from this one.. 

The team is stable and should be in the top 6 at the very least but I don't see us putting in a major challenge for the Title or anything, best we can hope for is a decent cup run somewhere, still a long way to go and we may make additions that could change things yet, but as it stands more of the same as last season for me.. 

Sterling given the Hazard free role I see. 

Massive win considering our record at Goodison. Glad Tuchel had the balls to take out Mount and Havertz. Some awful performances from them. Sterling practically the only threat going forward. 

Defence immense. Cucurella immediate impact. Like the look of Broja. Our depth starting to look good. 

Get in. Big test next week. 

Cheles

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Given the way the game went I am more relieved than happy we got the win.. It was hard work and once again we have a lot of possession but seem to lack clear chance creation in the final third... Only 3 shots that entire second half and not one on target which is the same problem we were having last season... How many corners did we have in the end?? 16 and not one decent shot on goal from any of them? that's troubling, All we seem to have done is what I feared and papered over the cracks of last season and can expect much the same from this one.. 

The team is stable and should be in the top 6 at the very least but I don't see us putting in a major challenge for the Title or anything, best we can hope for is a decent cup run somewhere, still a long way to go and we may make additions that could change things yet, but as it stands more of the same as last season for me.. 

First match of the season doesn't tell us very much but only being able to break them down via a penalty for me says you need work. Spurs next week, interesting.

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sterling given the Hazard free role I see. 

Massive win considering our record at Goodison. Glad Tuchel had the balls to take out Mount and Havertz. Some awful performances from them. Sterling practically the only threat going forward. 

Defence immense. Cucurella immediate impact. Like the look of Broja. Our depth starting to look good. 

Get in. Big test next week. 

Mount isn't natural in the position Tuchel has him playing in is he?

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mount isn't natural in the position Tuchel has him playing in is he?

Yes and no. He’s done well in this role given his versatility but when he can’t do the basics then it’s on him. 

No excuses for any of our attackers this year. 

Without sounding bitter or WUM'ing, I was surprised at just how flat Chelsea were. Just a real 5/10 performance from them when I thought they'd be shit hot. 

Could be rustiness, or they could just be a bit shit this year idk. I was watching Tuchel on the sidelines too and he was going batshit crazy all game, didn't seem happy one bit.

1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Cheles

First match of the season doesn't tell us very much but only being able to break them down via a penalty for me says you need work. Spurs next week, interesting.

I think Spurs will be taking a step forward this season and we will be taking a slight step back... 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Without sounding bitter or WUM'ing, I was surprised at just how flat Chelsea were. Just a real 5/10 performance from them when I thought they'd be shit hot. 

Could be rustiness, or they could just be a bit shit this year idk. I was watching Tuchel on the sidelines too and he was going batshit crazy all game, didn't seem happy one bit.

They were very average 2nd half.

20 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

On the first point you would be in a minority there but on point with second one... Not shit perhaps but well off the pace, With the World Cup slap bang in the middle of the season it's going to a weird time for everyone I think... One of the worst ideas anyone has ever agreed to that is.. someone needs shooting in the head... 

Archived