PL Round 5 Matches - 30th Aug-1st Sept, 2022

football forum

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I was speaking to you Deadlinesman.

I know mate, I was taking the piss.

We’re still a bit useless and lightweight up front. Rashford scored last week so he’s taken another 3 months off. Elanga isn’t good enough. Bruno moans too much. Sancho is inconsistent. 

Ultimately time will tell. I’m very happy with Malacia though. Once Ten Hag brings Kobbie Mainoo and Zidane Iqbal into the team, I’ll be a lot happier.

Get Involved

#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only - standard message rates apply)

Chill: Is Bruno already tired?

"Joe: I do not get what Bruno Fernandes offers Man Utd anymore. He does nothing but moan, claim petty fouls and flap his arms around. The odd goal or assist doesn't cut it."

Article Reactions. From the BBC live feed. Looks like you know your Red devils DeadLinesman. Well done.
  •  
    30 likes30
  •  
    Dislike
    15 dislikes15
Article share tools

5 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

It's a win but poor second half.  Leciester the better team in the second half , likely deserved something from this game. 

This is why I'm going to stand by my statement after the Brentford match that you'll have a start/stop season. Purple patch and then when the momentum is broken by a draw or a defeat a winless run will come. Then when you win one an unbeaten run will come and so on.

8 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

It's a win but poor second half.  Leciester the better team in the second half , likely deserved something from this game. 

Completely agreed. Leicester just lacked that cutting edge that Vardy just doesn’t provide any more from the looks of it. @Stan @Dan is he very much on the way down now?

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Not a disastrous scoreline for Leicester and with Brighton and Villa coming there's maybe cause for a little optimism.

We'll lose both at this rate. 

37 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Completely agreed. Leicester just lacked that cutting edge that Vardy just doesn’t provide any more from the looks of it. @Stan @Dan is he very much on the way down now?

2nd half was encouraging but overall we were still slow and laborious. Should have capitalised on that spell. 

Vardy thrives on service. We don't provide it to him like we used to because we're too slow in our build up. You could see that when we play quicker and up the pitch with speed, the space is there for him to use. Too slow, opposition get into position tactically and the service is nullified. Against Chelsea, he was given the space because we moved the ball quicker and he ends up getting an assist. He spurned 4 chances. 

I wouldn't say he's on the way down. Rodgers just doesn't play to his strengths. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Not a disastrous scoreline for Leicester and with Brighton and Villa coming there's maybe cause for a little optimism.

It's rubbish. Four losses in a row. Not even Puel managed that.

The standard performance of ours. Lots of the ball but ultimately virtually nothing created and got caught out defensively. The longer Rodgers stays the greater chance that this ends in the disaster more are beginning to fear. He is done here. I don't know what we're waiting for.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Possibly but I've thought it before and he's ended up being fine. I think right now it's a terrible circumstance for him in general though - we're probably the least creative side in the league. Utterly terrible at fashioning chances. At his age he isn't going to be able to create his own now. I think there's life in him but we need a manager who'll get us creating chances again.

Result was fair. They edged it as I expected.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

It's rubbish. Four losses in a row. Not even Puel managed that.

The standard performance of ours. Lots of the ball but ultimately virtually nothing created and got caught out defensively. The longer Rodgers stays the greater chance that this ends in the disaster more are beginning to fear. He is done here. I don't know what we're waiting for.

I was just trying to be positive, sorry if you thought my post was rubbish. But, I'm reserving judgement on BR until after the next two matches(If he's still there.) He's just performed a Scott Parker and criticised the bosses.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

I was just trying to be positive, sorry if you thought my post was rubbish. But, I'm reserving judgement on BR until after the next two matches(If he's still there.) He's just performed a Scott Parker and criticised the bosses.

Your post wasn't rubbish, sorry that wasn't what I meant, I meant the team were.

He's done for me. I've seen this before and there is no point persisting. I cannot believe he's still there today. Each game we have him here at this point is sabotage and we cannot risk it for the Villa game especially.

Four losses in a row. That just doesn't happen to us these days. It's criminal.

Archived