West Ham vs Tottenham, 19.45

Liverpool vs Newcastle, 20.00

Thursday 1st September, 2022
Leicester City vs Man Utd, 20.00

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We could very much do with finding our way to three points here but we're second favourites again. Maupay might make an appearance which would see us start a game with 11 players in their actual positions for the first ime this season.

Must be near certain that Villa will be in the relegation spots after Arsenal (a) & Man City (h)

I am usually quite optimistic, but even I'm heading into these with thoughts of keeping it reasonable, with others starting to ship goals.

I can see Jesus running riot, nevermind Haaland. Struggling to see much of any evidence this fairly expensive Villa side, which does contain individual quality, yet near zero balance & natural cohesion, will be able to offer up anything resembling a competitive match.

• Subscriber

We live in strange times where I feel this is one of the more winnable games. As I've said elsewhere though we won't win another game under Rodgers so it's another loss.

Got a bit of a going over by Brighton Saturday tbh, never deserved much really so we need to bounce back in what is a winnable game.

Always find that when you get games you feel you should win, you always find several ways in which to lose them, so hoping for a top performance. We can't afford to underestimate Everton because they are going to break their duck soon.

Two wins from two at home so far, really hoping the Elland Road faithful inspire the boys to make it three from three.

Bamford could be back, likely to be on the bench which is a boost and Klich/Sinisterra will be pushing for starts should Marsch wish to freshing things up.

If Maupay plays, he will score. Always, always bags against us.

It is a battle of the walking wounded at Anfield;

Krafth - ACL (6 months )

Shelvey - Groin (recovering from surgery,  ETA October/November)

Trippier - Hamstring (Precautionary)

ASM - Hamstring (precautionary)

Wilson - Hamstring (4 weeks)

Bruno G - Knock  (day to day)

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It is a battle of the walking wounded at Anfield;

Krafth - ACL (6 months )

Shelvey - Groin (recovering from surgery,  ETA October/November)

Trippier - Hamstring (Precautionary)

ASM - Hamstring (precautionary)

Wilson - Hamstring (4 weeks)

Bruno G - Knock  (day to day)

Liverpool have 11 injuries though.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fuck this whole all games on BT Sport thing by the way 💩.

And these Thursday nights. We have another fucking crap Sunday 2pm as a result of it. Fucking bored of it.

Southampton will be a good measure to gauge whether Chelsea's away form has recovered from the 3-0 at Leeds. I think we'll know more about their overall form after tonight's match. Utd are on a bit of a roll compared to Chelsea so Saints just could get a result tonight.

21 hours ago, Rick said:

Hope we follow up that win with another good performance. Though, the level of opposition is much better. Still, it’s at home, so we really need to make that count. 

Time was Liverpool supporters didn't live in hope, only in absolute certainty. I see what you mean because I've posted that we won't be able to tell until a decent run of form. The early matches have dampened confidence haven't they?

21 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Brentford. That'll be a draw.

We started the season with a new defensive partnership (Mee and Jansson) and Mee was also quite new to the club at the time, last game we played Zanka and Mee as Jansson missed out. I think tonight we could see the return of Kristoffer Ajer, which could lead to the third CB pairing of the season for us. We are a defensively solid team but we haven't got the players fit or the run of games for a partnership to work yet so I don't see why you don't score goals.

Personally I hope we start Vitaly Janelt as we need the extra defensive solidity at the moment, but on the flipside we have been creating chance after chance this season and only Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal have scored more goals than us.

In summary, I cannot predict tonights game at all but it should be full of goals.

• Subscriber

Ffs xD.

Another night of the Gray-Gordon-McNeil front three.

We've also gone to a 433. Lampard would rather change formation than play Michael Keane. Mykolenko is better equipped for the back four but Coady and Tarkowski is hardly a very pacey centre back pairing. Onana-Iwobi-Davies might be a decent little midfield three at least.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived