talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 5 Matches - 30th Aug-1st Sept, 2022

football forum

Just now, Whiskey said:

People absolutely rattling thier jimmies over teams wasting time. It's 1-0 in the Champions League final and what, you're going to twat long balls about the place to make it 2-0? Get a grip you bunch of crab helmets - Newcastle wanted a point and have every right to slow the game down. 

To be fair they only started watching football when Liverpool were winning again, so this is probably their first experience of being on the other end of gamesmanship :ph34r:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

And the ref has every right to add the time on if it's stopped in a break of play. 

Waste all the time you want. Face the consequence that it'll just get added on :what:

If the ball is in play (i.e. the goalkeepers hands) then the time doesn't get added on. Talking rubbish there.

Just now, Stan said:

Waste all the time you want. Face the consequence that it'll just get added on :what:

It often doesn't. Probably more often than not, hence why it happens. It's exactly why stopped clocks should be introduced to eradicate more subjective refereeing. I've seen games where substitutions happened in stoppage time and yet the ref still blew on exactly the minimum added time. It works both ways. 

Good performance from our reserves.

5 first teamers to come in and Isak will only improve.

Fair play to Liverpool they kept going and it was their day today but it’ll soon be ours. They don’t control the ref.

Just now, Whiskey said:

If the ball is in play (i.e. the goalkeepers hands) then the time doesn't get added on. Talking rubbish there.

Did you watch the game? Did you see in the third minute of extra time where Pope feigned being hurt? The game didn’t start again until just before the 5th minute, hence mariner adding another 90 odd seconds onto that. Add to that, Pope taking his time to get the ball for his goal kicks and there’s nothing to complain about. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The ref stopped the game when Pope went down xD. Therefore, break in play? 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Did you watch the game? Did you see in the third minute of extra time where Pope feigned being hurt? The game didn’t start again until just before the 5th minute, hence mariner adding another 90 odd seconds onto that. Add to that, Pope taking his time to get the ball for his goal kicks and there’s nothing to complain about. 

Yes.

Pope caught the ball and landed backwards on his shoulder. What on Earth are you talking about? Quite rightly seeked medical treatment for what was clearly an impact injury, you'd be absolutely fine with it had Alisson done the same.

Just now, Whiskey said:

Yes.

Pope caught the ball and landed backwards on his shoulder. What on Earth are you talking about? Quite rightly seeked medical treatment for what was clearly an impact injury, you'd be absolutely fine with it had Alisson done the same.

Not calling Pope for doing it, I’m saying that Newcastle can’t complain about that time he was on the floor being added onto the 5 minutes. 

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool fans are too happy after a late winner. Richard Keys and Graeme Souness will be livid.

We were struggling with fitness at the end,  we have had one less day rest and the game was high energy,  there was no basis for anything more than 5 minutes.   

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We were struggling with fitness at the end,  we have had one less day rest and the game was high energy,  there was no basis for anything more than 5 minutes.   

How long was Pope on the floor? Well over a minute and punching two. 

5 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Hopefully we lash out against Palace on Saturday. But I am concerned the line up was weak tonight and we are punching at the minute thanks to Howe. If Bruno, ASM and Isak can start I'll feel better. 

Hopefully make a big deadline day splash

20 minutes ago, Devil said:

I wonder why that Liverpool fan attended the game covered in pink and silver glitter!

The minutes added were insane, an extra minute yes but it was far too long.

Pope was down for about two minutes then we got the corner just before 97. 'Insane' is just a silly exaggeration

• The topic was unpinned

Archived