talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

43 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Think this is a genuine 50/50 fight, hope Whyte wins but Povetkin could well stop him again, hope he's not been paid to take a dive

Not sure if im going to bother with the undercard, got it set to record so can always flix through later

Fabio Wardley is an entertaining fighter and talker, definitely worth a watch

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Fabio Wardley is an entertaining fighter and talker, definitely worth a watch

I will check him out :91_thumbsup: looking at it i might watch Ricky's kid too, see how he does

• Ted Cheeseman vs JJ Metcalf (British super-welterweight title)
  • Fabio Wardley vs Eric Molina (heavyweight)
  • Youssef Khoumari vs Kane Baker (super-featherweight)
  • Chris Kongo vs Michael Mickinson (WBO global welterweight title)
  • Eric Pfeifer vs Nick Webb (heavyweight)
  • Campbell Hatton vs Jesus Ruiz (debut)

Impressive win by Webb, blasted Preifer out in 2 rounds! ..ref steps in after the 3rd knockdown

Kongo vs Mickinson gone the distance,  bit boring!  ..Mickinson takes it on points

Hatton vs Ruiz in a 4 rounder   ..Hatton looks very raw, wins on points

Cheeseman vs Metcalf  ...cheesy cut, metcalf bruised ...good scrap! Cheeseman get's the KO right on the bell in the 11th, fight of the night so far

Wardly vs Eric "the bum" Molina  ...molina rocks wardly in the 5th, legs buckled and retreating, molina goes for the finish and gets knocked out himself

Povetkin vs Whyte  ..Povetkin rocked in the 1st,  Whyte knocks Povetkin out in the 4th, Dill landed a lot of heavy shots from the 1st, Povetkin walked onto some peaches, legs went in the 4th

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Impressive win by Webb, blasted Preifer out in 2 rounds! ..ref steps in after the 3rd knockdown

Kongo vs Mickinson gone the distance,  bit boring!  ..Mickinson takes it on points

Hatton vs Ruiz in a 4 rounder   ..Hatton looks very raw, wins on points

Cheeseman vs Metcalf  ...cheesy cut, metcalf bruised ...good scrap! Cheeseman get's the KO right on the bell in the 11th, fight of the night so far

Wardly vs Eric "the bum" Molina  ...molina rocks wardly in the 5th, legs buckled and retreating, molina goes for the finish and gets knocked out himself

Povetkin vs Whyte  ..Povetkin rocked in the 1st,  Whyte knocks Povetkin out in the 4th, Dill landed a lot of heavy shots from the 1st, Povetkin walked onto some peaches, legs went in the 4th

Undercard was okay I thought. Cheese and Metcalf was fight of the night. 

Whyte was always going to win. Povetkin’s age has shown in his last few fights. 

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Undercard was okay I thought. Cheese and Metcalf was fight of the night. 

Whyte was always going to win. Povetkin’s age has shown in his last few fights. 

It was a good fight wasn't it, cheesy is only 25, he looks about 40 with the way he uses his face to block punches :4_joy:

Think in the first fight Dillian underestimate Povetkins power, last night he had the perfect game plan

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

It was a good fight wasn't it, cheesy is only 25, he looks about 40 with the way he uses his face to block punches :4_joy:

Think in the first fight Dillian underestimate Povetkins power, last night he had the perfect game plan

Exactly. From the first round you could see Whyte wasn't about to make the same mistake, he clocked Povetkin early then stayed cautious. 

A rematch probably on the cards but I can't see Povetkin getting away with its again, he got lucky last time and now Whyte has his number.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Exactly. From the first round you could see Whyte wasn't about to make the same mistake, he clocked Povetkin early then stayed cautious. 

A rematch probably on the cards but I can't see Povetkin getting away with its again, he got lucky last time and now Whyte has his number.

In and out, stick and move, that's how he's going to have to fight AJ too, trading with big punchers is just too risky, can see him beating Wilder this way too

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 28/03/2021 at 16:34, Scouse_Mouse said:

Really can’t see them rematching. Povetkin needs to retire. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Danny said:

Still don’t know how you can justify 70k in a stadium, have they cleared themselves of covid there?

Mad isn't it. Can't remember which one I watched a few months ago now, might have been the Canelo v Smith fight, but that had thousands there and that was when things were much worse

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Mad isn't it. Can't remember which one I watched a few months ago now, might have been the Canelo v Smith fight, but that had thousands there and that was when things were much worse

Does just seem massively irresponsible, the way the fights been promoted is if sports back boxing’s back etc 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Danny said:

Still don’t know how you can justify 70k in a stadium, have they cleared themselves of covid there?

Yep. Cases down for a while now. Everything fully open and even no masks etc. 

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah Smith Canelo had limited fans last minute. Also In Texas.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Does just seem massively irresponsible, the way the fights been promoted is if sports back boxing’s back etc 

Different parts of the world :what: . I don’t see it as irresponsible on anyone involved in Sports, they’re just following the law. Sports is back where they are. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I watched that before I went to sleep. Just shows how much crap Fury speaks. He complements Hearn several times. Yet apparently he hated him and has been giving him abuse on Instagram for the last few weeks and spouting lies. And so many gullible fans believe every word he says. 

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Wow 1