talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

On 07/12/2020 at 09:45, JoshBRFC said:

Fair play to Logan Paul..... fighting the greatest boxer of our generation and one of the top 5 of all time.

fuck me O.oxD

The fuck is this? xD

Bit late to the party as we got a dodgy stream (sorry, but I'm not paying £25 for this), though will most likely see it get cut off knowing our luck. 

Hoping for a good fight.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The fuck is this? xD

Bit late to the party as we got a dodgy stream (sorry, but I'm not paying £25 for this), though will most likely see it get cut off knowing our luck. 

Hoping for a good fight.

You haven't missed much, Fury got busted up but went the distance and Lawrence won easy, KO in a few rounds 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not half. It was like he was going down in instalments as well. He seemed to react to the punches about 2 seconds after they landed. 

Thought he was having a fit at one point xD   ....GOODNIGHT PULEV!!! thanks for coming, switch the lights off when you wake up!! lol

Edited by Happy Blue

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not half. It was like he was going down in instalments as well. He seemed to react to the punches about 2 seconds after they landed. 

Could be wrong but I think his original opponent dropped out and so this fight wasn’t for the title 

I hope we get the fight/s we all want to see now. No more talking, acting or whatever, get them contracts done and signed.

There is no legitimate reason for it not to happen, everything is perfectly set for what should be the Sports event of 2021, that big it will probably happen twice.

Edited by Lucas

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I hope we get the fight/s we all want to see now. No more talking, acting or whatever, get them contracts done and signed.

There is no legitimate reason for it not to happen, everything is perfectly set for what should be the Sports event of 2021, that big it will probably happen twice.

Does Fury-Joshua happen if they're not able to fill somewhere like Wembley next year?

We’ve been deprived of seeing Joshua fight a tall fighter for a long time now, against someone like Wilder or Fury those upper cuts will be flowing.

Personally I think Joshua’s boxing ability is underrated and I don’t think Fury necessarily outboxes him, one advantage Fury has is quicker hands in tight spaces, but Joshua I believe has a quicker jab and better head movement. Not often you see a heavyweight his size move like he does. Fury knocked Wilder into next week so clearly has power, for both of them the fight will be a lot closer in both boxing ability and knock out power than most people would think.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Does Fury-Joshua happen if they're not able to fill somewhere like Wembley next year?

Given it will likely be a two fight arrangement, if they can't use Wembley the first time round, you'd like to think they will get it second time. 

Either way, they should fight next year, in the Middle East if that is an option. It's not ideal but it can't keep being put on hold.

Life doesn't stop, you have to move on and the time is now whilst both are healthy, fit and in their prime.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Given it will likely be a two fight arrangement, if they can't use Wembley the first time round, you'd like to think they will get it second time. 

Either way, they should fight next year, in the Middle East if that is an option. It's not ideal but it can't keep being put on hold.

Life doesn't stop, you have to move on and the time is now whilst both are healthy, fit and in their prime.

I agree but we both know that it will come down to money and how much the promotors on both sides want from it. If they can milk a bit more, they will.

Unfortunately, the Middle East could be an option

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I only want Joshua vs Hearns if its in a packed stadium.

Not gonna lie, I think Joshua might win that one.

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I agree but we both know that it will come down to money and how much the promotors on both sides want from it. If they can milk a bit more, they will.

Unfortunately, the Middle East could be an option

I’d fucking fume if that happened. To deprive the British public of its two best fighters for blood money is an outrage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not gonna lie, I think Joshua might win that one.

I’d fucking fume if that happened. To deprive the British public of its two best fighters for blood money is an outrage.

Unfortunately last years fight there is probably just the start

• Subscriber

Good performance  last night from AJ, and credit to Pulev. The anger and negativity I still saw was boring as per... from the racists, yawn. 

The Fury fight will happen and it will be one of the biggest fights of all time. Fury will rightly so be the favourite but I think it’s a genuine 50/50 and can’t call it. But will be hoping for an AJ win. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

No, you’re right. His original opponent got the Rona.

Yep. He was due to fight Krzysztof Glowaki for the vacant WBO Cruserweight world title.

He still wanted to get out and fight as fighters always do after a tough training camp, but he was never going to get an elite level replacement on such short notice. As they’re going to want a full training camp to fight someone like Okolie.

I’ve met Okolie at an event he was actually really great with me and hundreds of other fans. Took a lot of time for us all.