talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

39-0 38 KOs Wilder with a fucking lovely first round KO whether he fights here in alabama or new york he will win. had my doubts but not anymore, the local hero will destroy joshua. 

Because he knocked out Stiverne? I get that he was due to fight Ortiz but Stiverne wasn't competitive at all, that fight was like David Haye vs Audley Harrison.

I think it'll be close, AJ doesn't have great footwork and showed against Vlad that he can tire. He didn't go all guns blazing for Takam so maybe he learnt something from that, but with that said he's the only person to KO Klitschko and Wilder's style will be perfect for AJ as the wild windmill style punching opens him up nicely.

I don't think Anthony Joshua's unbeatable, but I don't think it'll be Wilder who does beat him.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

I don't think Anthony Joshua's unbeatable, but I don't think it'll be Wilder who does beat him.

This. I'm far from being on the 'AJ is the greatest heavyweight ever' bandwagon but I just don't think Wilder is that much of a difficult fight for Joshua. Joshua is a much better boxer and Wilder seems all over the place at times in terms of the punches he throws. I think Joshua wins in the middle rounds. Of course, Wilder carries huge power so if he lands one of those bombs it could well be over but I think Joshua and McCracken will have a game plan to avoid that

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Smith V Williams 2 should be an other cracker tonight. Think a similar outcome to last time where Smith stops him mid-late rounds. I've done 10-12 at 12/1.

Hopefully no 'controversy' either and Smith can just move on with his career. 

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Hopefully no 'controversy' either and Smith can just move on with his career. 

Yep, I think last time Smith was coming on strong and Williams looked out on his feet. Smith would have won within a round or two for me regardless of the controversy last time

• Subscriber
On 03/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, Julio Geordio said:

AJ gets hit far too much. I think that's why he doesn't seem keen on fighting Wilder. Not saying Wilder would win but he can bang. Fury at his best would beat him though 

What makes you seem to know he doesn't want to fight him?

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Predictable. Shit for anyone who's got tickets and booked hotels etc but they probably need their head examining if they couldn't see this coming. Haye needs to pack it in and stop trying to con everyone

I originally booked 3 rooms in London but cancelled a few weeks after as it's the day after our works do. Very happy in hindsight.

Eubank to win, think Groves leaves himself open too much and Eubank will capitalise on that.

With that said I think Eubank loves throwing big shots and a lot of those aren't very accurate so he's definitely there for the counter against a good boxer which no disrespect to who he's fought since Saunders but he's finally going to be fighting again.

10 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I think it’s a genuine 50/50 fight. It could be so much bigger than it will be if it was promoted properly. 

Yeah I think if the previous WBSS fights in the quarters weren't on box office but normal ITV it would have attracted much more interest from the general public. Having said that, if ITV were to milk it with preview shows in primetime slots it could still be pretty big

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

It’s a shame how small this fight is. Whoever wins this could potentially be the pound for pound number 1. Lomachenko’s purse is a little over a million and Rigo’s is 400k... Dollars. Shocking really for such a great fight.

3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

It’s a shame how small this fight is. Whoever wins this could potentially be the pound for pound number 1. Lomachenko’s purse is a little over a million and Rigo’s is 400k... Dollars. Shocking really for such a great fight.

Didn't know anything about the purses bit yeah, that's quite shocking really. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned