• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't actually understand what trans means really, is it just a lad who wants to be a girl or visa versa? 

You're transgender when your bits don't correspond with your gender identity and transsexual when you get those bits changed.

You can be either in the US military I believe.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't see anything wrong with a man pretending to be a woman if they want to, they're not and never will be. Doesn't effect your ability to fight.

It depends really. I can understand your statement to a degree; however mental-illness and transgender dysphoria or whatever the fuck it is called these days goes hand in hand (again not all individuals but I'd wager the overwhelming majority have a mental-illness). This is a clumsy method of dealing with the issue but I think it's a lazy method of filtering out those that may be unfit for active duty (it is easier to simply say no to all of them than thorough psychological exam). As they say, war is hell; and if I were a solider I'd be very uncomfortable knowing that the person that has my back (and I their's) maybe isn't the most emotionally stable or capable of handling a career of life/death stress.  This. goes for all major illnesses, Bipolar, Autism, Schizophrenia, et al. 

I also don't believe the issue of mental-illness and gender is entirely a social issue. The biological differences between man and female are huge, and to interfere with that during life and in particular puberty must run hell on a person's perception and sense of self. The eternal looming fact that man-to-woman can never have a child as they dont' have a womb must be an internal nightmare that tortures them for life. I can't imagine the internal strife coupled with the external strife and how devastating it must be. The suicide rates for those that regret sex-therapy and converstion are sadly incredibly high. Unfortunately it is never as simple as 'pretending' or 'being'.

Another issue that comes to mind; like it or not the military always will be and always has been a machismo wank-fest. I really don't believe transgendered people will have the easiest initiations and it isn't hard to picture a parallel of Private Pyle blowing his brains out after sinking a shell into is DS's chest. 

I tend to agree, but if someone is a proven soldier fit to all the standards and confident in themselves then i don't really care. I don't think a person born a man/woman can ever be considered a member of the opposite sex but I'm not going to judge someone else's experience.

In regards to a trump, apparently the pentagon are completely unaware of this decision and referring questions to the White House :lol:

I'd rather a 6foot bull-dyke woman with pythons the size of small cannons than a 5foot pasty nerd dude from LA. Same goes for the opposite. Meet the physical and mental criteria, forget gender. 

Why would you want mentally ill men full of hormones and medication to serve in your military? The purpose of an army is to win battles, not to perform clownesque social experiments in the name of equality.

The only downside to this story is that the American army will now be slightly more capable again at maintaining its global hegemony.

10 hours ago, Panflute said:

Why would you want mentally ill men full of hormones and medication to serve in your military? The purpose of an army is to win battles, not to perform clownesque social experiments in the name of equality.

The only downside to this story is that the American army will now be slightly more capable again at maintaining its global hegemony.

The military is a breeding ground for mental illnesses.

12 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I tend to agree, but if someone is a proven soldier fit to all the standards and confident in themselves then i don't really care. I don't think a person born a man/woman can ever be considered a member of the opposite sex but I'm not going to judge someone else's experience.

In regards to a trump, apparently the pentagon are completely unaware of this decision and referring questions to the White House :lol:

You're born male or female, that cannot change. But the concept of boys, girls, men and women is a social construct and that's where the difference is, if a male feels, thinks and identifies as a woman and as such would like to dress, act and even have surgery to be that level of feminine then I personally don't see the problem. It's all a psychological state at the end of the day and proven to be so.

I'm not entirely sure what the actual issue is here though regarding their service, if they're physically and mentally fit then I'm not sure of what other needs/requirements are causing this issue? Only thing I can think of would be the use of hormones and the cost of that both financially and even physically if separated from them.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The military is a breeding ground for mental illnesses.

You're born male or female, that cannot change. But the concept of boys, girls, men and women is a social construct and that's where the difference is, if a male feels, thinks and identifies as a woman and as such would like to dress, act and even have surgery to be that level of feminine then I personally don't see the problem. It's all a psychological state at the end of the day and proven to be so.

I'm not entirely sure what the actual issue is here though regarding their service, if they're physically and mentally fit then I'm not sure of what other needs/requirements are causing this issue? Only thing I can think of would be the use of hormones and the cost of that both financially and even physically if separated from them.

Surely they are just replacing one 'social construct' for another though? I don't want to stop anyone doing something which effects nobody else and have no issue with trans people serving anywhere, but all the toilet stuff is bizzare. If you have a dick you're a man, no matter how you wish to express yourself. 

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely they are just replacing one 'social construct' for another though? I don't want to stop anyone doing something which effects nobody else and have no issue with trans people serving anywhere, but all the toilet stuff is bizzare. If you have a dick you're a man, no matter how you wish to express yourself. 

Gender changing isn't trying to break free from a social construct though, for all intensive purposes I could state I'm male but identify as a woman because that's how my mind works.

Being male and being a man are two separate things, regardless of how long we've associated them as being together.

I agree that gender is gender and that can be changed, so maybe gender swapping is a bad term, but being a man and a woman are entirely psychological.

Edit: Sex = male/female, gender = man/woman.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

I'm not entirely sure what the actual issue is here though

I think the thread title pretty much covers it.

Not sure we'll know the full impact the orange one has had until the end of his term. Will be very interesting to see how the Americans vote next time around, Trumps ego means he'll likely stand for a second term, the big question is who'll go against him?

Interesting times indeedy.

2 minutes ago, ficklered said:

Not sure we'll know the full impact the orange one has had until the end of his term. Will be very interesting to see how the Americans vote next time around, Trumps ego means he'll likely stand for a second term, the big question is who'll go against him?

I think he'll get another go, any politician who was in there for as long as Obama was and then the next candidate from the other party is pretty much guaranteed two terms.

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

If only society was more accepting huh.

Yeah I'm sure their suicide attempt rates, self-harm habits and risk-seeking behaviours have nothing to do with severe mental illness and are just because of "social stigma".

1 minute ago, Panflute said:

Yeah I'm sure their suicide attempt rates, self-harm habits and risk-seeking behaviours have nothing to do with severe mental illness and are just because of "social stigma".

I mean social stigma will directly effect mental health...

12 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Not to a point where it causes a suicide attempt rate previously only recorded among Jews living in Nazi Germany.

I'd imagine social stigma causing people to hide themselves from friends and family as well as the general hatred and abuse they'd hear from others would go a long way to causing high levels of self harm/suicide attempts as well as other mental health issues along the way.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'd imagine social stigma causing people to hide themselves from friends and family as well as the general hatred and abuse they'd hear from others would go a long way to causing high levels of self harm/suicide attempts as well as other mental health issues along the way.

So does placing what is in essence a sexual fetish at the forefront of your entire being until every aspect of your personality crumbles and you exist solely to be a transsexual.

48 minutes ago, ficklered said:

Its becoming pretty likely now imo that he won't see the end of his current term. I haven't subscribed to that view until recently but this thing with jeff sessions on twitter has him on the verge of alienating congress. 

Voted out in 2020 would still be most likely scenario based on current situation. But stepping aside before then is more likely than leaving in 2024 imo.

3 minutes ago, Panflute said:

So does placing what is in essence a sexual fetish at the forefront of your entire being until every aspect of your personality crumbles and you exist solely to be a transsexual.

It's a bit more than a fetish...and a bit more than the power of choice...and I'm sure they'd all ne much happier just ignoring it 

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived