talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Both are too hot headed and lose their composure easily; unlike Crashtor Maldonado, Montoya's a good driver though:ph34r:

Yeah, Montoya has been a brilliant driver throughout his career in almost every category...  His time in F1 wasn't up to the standards he has oferred during the rest of his career and curiously enough seeing as he's popped up into this humorous moment we've both been throwing around I can use to show why I dislike F1 so much these days.  Montoya couldn't take the stupidity involved in the sport because he is first and foremost a racing driver and I remember a Brazilian F1 journalist a couple of years back saying that Ayrton Senna in today's F1 would have been a major failure.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, Montoya has been a brilliant driver throughout his career in almost every category...  His time in F1 wasn't up to the standards he has oferred during the rest of his career and curiously enough seeing as he's popped up into this humorous moment we've both been throwing around I can use to show why I dislike F1 so much these days.  Montoya couldn't take the stupidity involved in the sport because he is first and foremost a racing driver and I remember a Brazilian F1 journalist a couple of years back saying that Ayrton Senna in today's F1 would have been a major failure.

Granted, he also struggled in NASCAR (which is, in my opinion, an awful racing series, but driving heavy stock cars that are hard to handle is a difficult task nonetheless), but I think the whole culture there didn't suit him either, just like it was the case with him and F1 before that. Did well in IndyCar, and this is his first team in IMSA driving for Team Penske now, I'll keep an eye on him hehe.

As for Senna, the drivers back then were a completely different breed, but so was motorsport in general. Raw racing, lack of safety, and completely different characters and attitudes. I think it's impossible to tell how certain drivers from the past would do in today's F1, but it's safe to say that it has become very different and has lost a big part of its magic. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Well Nostradamus, it seems like they are about to do it indeed xD

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/montoya-tipped-for-24h-le-mans-debut-with-united-autosports/

Oh my days! It's the end of the world Nudge!!!  We should do things we've thought we shouldn't and just go mental without any guild conscience because it's all over. xD;)

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Oh my days! It's the end of the world Nudge!!!  We should do things we've thought we shouldn't and just go mental without any guild conscience because it's all over. xD;)

YOLO

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

New VLN (or VLN Endurance Racing Championship Nürburgring) season finally starts tomorrow, after some fears that it would be delayed due to snowy weather. The first 4 hour race starts at 12pm CET, give it a go, one of the most exciting endurance racing series on one of the best racing circuits in the world :x

Free legal stream on the official website https://www.vln.de or on youtube in English: 

• Subscriber

The first race of the season is over, with Kevin Estre, Earl Bamber and Laurens Vanthoor finishing first in a Porsche Manthey Racing #911 ^_^

Massive respect for Michael Schrey, who pushed his BMW for about 50 meters to the finish line after it ran out of fuel and managed to finish 4th, only to collapse from exhaustion after crossing the finish line :o Now that's dedication.

DZEL-bbWsAAAtNU.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 24.3.2018 at 17:10, nudge said:

The first race of the season is over, with Kevin Estre, Earl Bamber and Laurens Vanthoor finishing first in a Porsche Manthey Racing #911 ^_^

Massive respect for Michael Schrey, who pushed his BMW for about 50 meters to the finish line after it ran out of fuel and managed to finish 4th, only to collapse from exhaustion after crossing the finish line :o Now that's dedication.

DZEL-bbWsAAAtNU.jpg

Why is the fat Holländer standing on him?

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Why is the fat Holländer standing on him?

Classic hunting trophy photo. 

Seriously though, feel sorry for Schrey, his finish didn't count as the car didn't make it to the finish on its own :(

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

YES NUDGE! 

Yep I'm quite excited hehe. Got the tix for K1 Grandstand (VR46 Tribune), which should be good for on-track action, as you can see the main straight, three opening corners and the pits :) 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sepang has to be one of the best tracks in the world for bikes. Along with Suzuka.

I also love Misano, Assen and Phillip Island. 

The best track overall is probably Isle of Man though :D 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sachenring and Mugello is where it's at. Assen is one of the fastest circuits on the calendar so gets a massive thumbs up. 

Yeah, both lovely circuits too, although to be honest, most MotoGP circuits are. I've been to Sachsenring some 10 years ago (for ADAC GT Masters though), lovely track and great atmosphere too.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

https://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-3-floersch-testet-13390031.html

Please make it happen! I've been following her since her early Formula 4 days. 

Saw her name on the live timing for the previous test, had to think of you :P 

Talking about F3, I hope this will be Mick Schumacher's year... looked good in all tests so far, it's his second year, and he seems to be developing well as a driver.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Saw her name on the live timing for the previous test, had to think of you :P 

Talking about F3, I hope this will be Mick Schumacher's year... looked good in all tests so far, it's his second year, and he seems to be developing well as a driver.

I hope Sophia beats his ass :P Na, but honestly, he was nothing special in Formula 4 and just got promoted because of his name and his backing. Sophia even had to sit out a few races in her first season because she didn't have the financial backing. I heard Ralf's son is supposed to be quick as well. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I hope Sophia beats his ass :P Na, but honestly, he was nothing special in Formula 4 and just got promoted because of his name and his backing. Sophia even had to sit out a few races in her first season because she didn't have the financial backing. I heard Ralf's son is supposed to be quick as well. 

Mick was vice-champion in both Italian and German Formula 4 championships before getting promoted, so while he might not have been something really special, it's surely not bad? Last season in Formula 3 was his rookie year, getting accustomed to it, things should get better now that he's got more experience with the car. Last time I saw him was in Macau GP, sadly was forced to retire from the race, but not before registering the fastest lap time on the circuit which is extremely tough... His name definitely helps in terms of attracting sponsors and teams willing to give him a chance for sure, but on the other hand, it also raises expectations and pressure tenfold... Mick's still a very promising, quick driver who works hard though, looks to be intelligent and a top character as well, just needs to have more ruthlessness on track and get better at qualifying. Hope he makes it to Formula One one day. 
And yeah, Ralf's son, David, looks good too, I think this will be his rookie year in Formula 4!

Also so much motorsport events to watch this weekend, I'm struggling with it xD 

• Subscriber

Mad, mad MotoGP qualifying! Jack Miller is my new hero :D Snatches the pole on his last run by risking it all on slicks while even Marquéz chickened out of it. Amazing lap, gotta love the rain :D 

1 Miller 1:47.153
2 Pedrosa
3 Zarco

Marquéz only 6th, Dovi 8th... Factory Yamahas are a complete mess too.

Edited by nudge

• The topic was pinned