talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't get why they just didn't turn the steering wheels? For the first driver you can understand, but the drivers after should really see that and not make the same mistake.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Rain and Karts on slicks. It's basically like they're on ice. Brakes and steering is like 90% reduced. 

Also if you're aquaplaning, you're not supposed to turn the steering wheel or hit the brakes anyway, just hold it straight and gently ease your foot off the accelerator. Doing anything else will just make it worse.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

19 year old Swiss Moto3 rider Jason Dupasquier in a very serious condition after a crash in qualifying today :( He fell and was hit by his own motorcycle and then by at least one of the other riders :( Airlifted to a hospital, no official updates so far.

• Subscriber

24h Nürburgring this weekend... Friends have been camping there since Tuesday already, going through most of their alcohol way before the weekend starts xD Wish I could be there... 

8 hours ago, nudge said:

First victim 😬

20210605_145523.thumb.jpg.53d3e68f609d1d1682936fb19aa051bc.jpg

I know the guy on the right is probably just leaping over the barricade. But the picture makes it look like he's just chilling on there with his fire extinguisher, watching the other guy doing all the work. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I know the guy on the right is probably just leaping over the barricade. But the picture makes it look like he's just chilling on there with his fire extinguisher, watching the other guy doing all the work. 

That's not too far from reality :4_joy: The "other guy" is actually the driver of the car, he got out of the burning car, ran to the barriers, got the extuingisher and put it to work before the marshall was there xD 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Race has been red-flagged due to weather conditions, earliest restart at 7am :34_rolling_eyes: 

Is Nurinburg this weekend? Damn, I completely forgot, and now they are on a weather delay.

Ugh,

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Eco said:

Is Nurinburg this weekend? Damn, I completely forgot, and now they are on a weather delay.

Ugh,

Yes, and the race restarts now... :) only 4 and half hours left... 

• Subscriber

Grello wins! :D

What a race though... Too bad we missed so many hours due to weather conditions, but so much action nevertheless. Battle for P3 between 4 cars on the last lap was thrilling. 

Kevin Estre is such an incredible driver. 

Just watched the Formula E Mexican GP. Wehrlein lead from start to finish, and as soon as he crossed the finish line he got disqualified for technical infringements. Wtf. 

• Haha 1

Did some reading up on Alice Powell. She was actually quite successful in Formula Renault, GP3 and F3. Tried to raise funds to race for Caterham in F1 in 2014, but Caterham went into administration. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

@nudge - Did you get a chance to watch the Porsche SuperCup Practice just now? Absolutely pouring during the last half, and it sounds like it'll be similar weather this weekend.

No, I'm afraid not... Don't really watch Porsche SuperCup, already have too many series on my watchlist :7_sweat_smile: And yeah, hopefully there's rain all over the weekend, would spice up the race even more.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did some reading up on Alice Powell. She was actually quite successful in Formula Renault, GP3 and F3. Tried to raise funds to race for Caterham in F1 in 2014, but Caterham went into administration. 

Rooting for Kimiläinen.