talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-2 Leeds - Saturday 29th October, 2022

football forum

For me, the two biggest things against Liverpool right now is how fragile they look on the counter attack and the lack of intensity they used to have.

The times Liverpool have dominated a match from start to finish are few and far between. It's not there right now and for me, a big proportion of that is the midfield. They need serious investment there.

As buzzing as I am about the result, I'm not going to read too much into it until we start beating the teams we should be beating. That's what's ultimately going to decide what we do, it's just frustrating to see what we can do hasn't happened nearly as much as it should so far this season.

Bournemouth next week, if that isnt a win this is a waste but hopefully last night kicks us on.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Lucas said:

For me, the two biggest things against Liverpool right now is how fragile they look on the counter attack and the lack of intensity they used to have.

The times Liverpool have dominated a match from start to finish are few and far between. It's not there right now and for me, a big proportion of that is the midfield. They need serious investment there.

As buzzing as I am about the result, I'm not going to read too much into it until we start beating the teams we should be beating. That's what's ultimately going to decide what we do, it's just frustrating to see what we can do hasn't happened nearly as much as it should so far this season.

Bournemouth next week, if that isnt a win this is a waste but hopefully last night kicks us on.

I agree you need to take this into your next game,  if you get bodied by Bournemouth then this win is just a novelty win. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Konate fit? When do we get Matip back too because both he and Gomez need dropping.

Konate has been on the bench the last two games, he’s about ready to come back in. Matip, I’m not sure how far away he is. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think FSG’s plan is count on Klopp to get a side punching above their weight while not putting in any money outside player sales.

You don’t see City or Real Madrid just sort of keep the side the same for 3 seasons in a row. Especially if part of their “depth” were 2 players that are literally always injured.

Even if Klopp leaves, who’s going to come in and do a better job with these players out of form - and some of them looking like they’re maybe passed it?

A better solution is probably FSG adding some much needed reinforcements to the squad.

Klopp is pound for pound probably the best manager in the world but it's also very clear to me they're overly reliant on that now. I wonder if he can truly be arsed anymore, it's quite draining I'd imagine.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Probably a terrible time to get a balanced answer to this but do you like Summerville? He caught my eye a bit the other week against us, found him quite watchable. That Gnonto looks decent as well.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Probably a terrible time to get a balanced answer to this but do you like Summerville? He caught my eye a bit the other week against us, found him quite watchable. That Gnonto looks decent as well.

Summerville has stood out like a sore thumb at Under 23 level and he's had to be so patient for a chance but I like what I see from him. 

If he plays with confidence, he will be a dangerous player for us, I think. Only just turned 21 too so very much still developing.

Gnonto I've hardly seen anything of but if Mancini is playing him for Italy, he must have something about him. Going to be interesting to see wht he can add, I see him as an ideal impact player of the bench initially.

Good goal by Summervile composed under pressure, and the Leeds end absolutely exploded i was fully expected VAR to turn back into the stone age and find a foul or an offside position. Good performance by Leeds and another wasteful Liverpool up front reminded me of Chelsea.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived