talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-2 Leeds - Saturday 29th October, 2022

football forum

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

We quite literally need a whole new midfield. At least three of them. Fabinho was as bad as I would have been against Harrison just a minute ago. 

when you look at the bench and see Hendo, Milner and Ox it won't brighten up your mood either. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Jeez I did not expect this. Where's this Leeds come from? Meslier has done amazingly well. 

Even Marsch was surprised. 

Bamford has been crap but bags an assist xD

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Klopp out? his curse strikes again by the looks of things

I think FSG’s plan is count on Klopp to get a side punching above their weight while not putting in any money outside player sales.

You don’t see City or Real Madrid just sort of keep the side the same for 3 seasons in a row. Especially if part of their “depth” were 2 players that are literally always injured.

Even if Klopp leaves, who’s going to come in and do a better job with these players out of form - and some of them looking like they’re maybe passed it?

A better solution is probably FSG adding some much needed reinforcements to the squad.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just seen the winner. Van Dijk loves just standing still and watching opponents score now doesn't he? What was he doing?

He’s got to be saving himself for the World Cup. I don’t know if that’s true or not because I’m just guessing, but if it is I think it’s disgraceful.

He’s been shit all season tbh. Shadow of the player he used to be.

This squad has had ‘patch up’ signings ever since Klopp came. He’s never really been back with everything he’s needed, h’es had to prioritise a certain position per window and make do with the rest until the next one rolls around. We spend like we’re worried about dropping down to the championship, it’s embarrassing for a club with the money Liverpool has. 

The fact that there were no midfielders brought in (I’m not even considering Arthur as a signing, he’s a waste of boots) during the summer is just the most recent examples of this board not backing the manager with what he needs. 

The fact is that the vast majority of our key players are 29/30 and they have given 5 or 6 years of brilliant service, playing 50-60 games a season. After last season, when we played every game possible but just missed out on the two big ones by two games….after that, you would think that FSG would acknowledge that it’s time to start freshening up the squad, but no, they continue to keep their hands in their pockets and expect miracles to happen. 

We have seen the pinnacle of this squad. As sad as it is, some of these players won’t get back to what they were. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-2 Leeds - Saturday 29th October, 2022
46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think FSG’s plan is count on Klopp to get a side punching above their weight while not putting in any money outside player sales.

You don’t see City or Real Madrid just sort of keep the side the same for 3 seasons in a row. Especially if part of their “depth” were 2 players that are literally always injured.

Even if Klopp leaves, who’s going to come in and do a better job with these players out of form - and some of them looking like they’re maybe passed it?

A better solution is probably FSG adding some much needed reinforcements to the squad.

What do you make of Klopps 7th season curse?

Klopp’s seventh-season curse https://www.anfieldcentral.co.uk/posts/the-jurgen-klopp-curse-comes-in-sevens-liverpool-beware/

• The topic was unpinned

Archived