• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - France 3-1 Poland - Sunday 4th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devil said:

So many empty seats, feels so wrong for a major international tournament.

I bet the stadiums were filled with mixed fans during the group games, now nations have gone home the attendances might slip further.

This criticism I don't think is justified for Qatar only. The last one in Russia also had average attendances in some games. Honestly apart from Portugal Spain games I wouldn't be excited to go to any of these KO games.

This France team look above every other team. Their midfield looked weak going into the tournament but no one has a great midfield to be honest. Mbappe clearly the best player so far.

Benzema and Pogba in this team and there's no competition. 

• Subscriber

Poland must be one of the biggest underachievers in football. Have they ever not been a total waste of time? Lewandowski gets shit but he's given absolutely nothing to work with.

Poland looked good in the 1st half against France and were arguably the better side in that half. They had some really dangerous chances to score and take the lead, but didn't take advantage of the chances they created. France however, were much the better side in the 2nd half and a goal from Giroud gave France the lead and a couple of lovely strikes from Mbappe made it 3 goals for France and put the game to bed. Lewandowski pulled a goal back for Poland with a penalty, but France were deserved 3-1 winners in the end.

13 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

I'm only interested in the last KO match day. Morroco and Switzerland are well capable of a shock. Rest will be straight forward results imo

You don't think that Japan can surprise Croatia?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived