• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Elon Musk

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I once read a comment describing Musk as "an Edison who wants the world to think he is a Tesla", and I really liked that comparison... Overall, I think he's a smart dude who is brilliant at hiring the right people, running and marketing his businesses. 

All in all, I think I dislike his personality cult fanbase by far more than I dislike him. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I once read a comment describing Musk as "an Edison who wants the world to think he is a Tesla"

I have never heard that.

I always got the impression that he tries almost too hard to get people to think he's Tony Stark, between his remarks, the naming of his children, it just all seems like an attention seeking ploy to make people assume that he's just so smart that we can't question all of his antics 'as he's just a genius, doing his thing'.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have never heard that.

I always got the impression that he tries almost too hard to get people to think he's Tony Stark, between his remarks, the naming of his children, it just all seems like an attention seeking ploy to make people assume that he's just so smart that we can't question all of his antics 'as he's just a genius, doing his thing'.

That wouldn't surprise me at all, but I also think that the public persona he created is hugely tactical. 

• Administrator

No doubting he is a smart man but when you hear stories of how he fires people at will, he seems ultra-cynical and I don't like that. If what he did at Twitter was true then I think he's a massive cunt i.e walked in, didn't like what he heard about his own tweets' views/stats, and fired the analytics team for it. But I don't know how true that is. The fact that there's quite a few of those kinds of stories around make me think there's some substance to it. But we are only hearing one side of the story, so I guess it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt...?

As @Eco alludes to, I think there's a strong element of attention-seeking there. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

As @Eco alludes to, I think there's a strong element of attention-seeking there. 

He named his child X AE A-XII Musk, which surely isn't for their benefit, as that's just going to make the child's life possibly harder as no one will understand what to do with those characters in such an order. I can't help but think this was done so him and his wife could tell a cool story about how to say such an 'elite' word/name. Absolute insanity.

I used to think he was a genius, but a cunt. Then he bought Twitter and I don’t think he’s a genius. I think he’s very knowledgeable about some things & I think he’s excellent at bullshitting about the rest.

I’ve driven a Tesla and it was fun, but I’d never buy one because while the software and the ride is good… as a car it’s kind of shit. Panel gaps, really shit interior, everything inside basically has the feel that it’s cheap and going to break soon. At first I thought it was cost cutting to get EVs to be easily accessible, but there’s EVs made by other people that are better value for money. But I guess Tesla is more than cars, with their solar batteries & charging network.

Also as someone living in California, the whole hyperloop thing pissed a lot of people off because it was just telling people what they wanted to hear for publicity & not actually having any plans to deliver what was promised.

Then there’s the whole calling someone rescuing children a pedo because he didn’t want to use Elon’s idiotic plan to rescue the kids trapped in a tunnel.

Tl;dr - he’s a cunt

He's an awful cunt, and no, he's not a fucking genius, he has a marketing degree and helped coding a very very simple video game in the 90s.

The boring company is a failure, his urban planning shite are all failures, he bought his way to the top of Tesla and is even managing to fuck that up (just before their competitors are going to enter the market too). 
Spacex is great at doing Musks schtik. Bullshitting about amazing leaps and developments then never delivering them. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's an awful cunt, and no, he's not a fucking genius, he has a marketing degree and helped coding a very very simple video game in the 90s.

The boring company is a failure, his urban planning shite are all failures, he bought his way to the top of Tesla and is even managing to fuck that up (just before their competitors are going to enter the market too). 
Spacex is great at doing Musks schtik. Bullshitting about amazing leaps and developments then never delivering them. 

Tesla opened a factory in Germany some time ago. Nothing but shitty news coming from that. Workers literally being monitored at everything they do. Many have walked out already. 

I am not a fan of Musk either, but I'm with Gonzo. I am not following much on the SpaceX stuff or Tesla, as much as it does interest me a bit. However, Twitter is a part of my every day life, and the lay offs aside which were shitty enough as it was, the whole Twitter blue stuff was downright embarrassing and it was funny when parody accounts bit back with the $8 payments.

And now we apparently have a per month tweet limit? It really sucks.

On 17/02/2023 at 20:27, Goku de la Boca said:

I am not a fan of Musk either, but I'm with Gonzo. I am not following much on the SpaceX stuff or Tesla, as much as it does interest me a bit. However, Twitter is a part of my every day life, and the lay offs aside which were shitty enough as it was, the whole Twitter blue stuff was downright embarrassing and it was funny when parody accounts bit back with the $8 payments.

And now we apparently have a per month tweet limit? It really sucks.

What do you mean you’re with me? I’m definitely not a fan of his xD 

I got off Twitter the day he ended up taking over. The guy is just a rich idiot who thinks he’s a genius & wants the rest of us to think so too.

Getting off Twitter was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my entire life in the last few years too, so I would like to thank Elon for way overpaying to ruin that unprofitable social media site.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What do you mean you’re with me? I’m definitely not a fan of his xD 

I got off Twitter the day he ended up taking over. The guy is just a rich idiot who thinks he’s a genius & wants the rest of us to think so too.

Getting off Twitter was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my entire life in the last few years too, so I would like to thank Elon for way overpaying to ruin that unprofitable social media site.

You told me you didn't have Twitter smh

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

You told me you didn't have Twitter smh

My Twitter was mostly for me sending hateful messages to politicians because I think they’re cunts ruining the world, not a place for me to keep in touch with anyone.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My Twitter was mostly for me sending hateful messages to politicians because I think they’re cunts ruining the world, not a place for me to keep in touch with anyone.

Haha fair enough. I'm the opposite, I try to stay as far away from politics as possible. The left wing was really pissing everyone off about a month ago here and I kept quiet despite having strong opinions on it.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

It's more the style of meme and how unfunny and forced the joke is.

This for me was the worst culprit of this xD 

Ugh. Elon tweeted a geology meme. Pack it up, boys; the sub is done. :  r/Geologymemes

I mean, I kinda like dorky science jokes, so this one's actually pretty good xD  

Archived