• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 32 Fixtures - 21-23rd April, 2023

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Newcastle's rise is a problem. They've almost totally circumvented the period of expensive mistakes like what Man City had. They've combined increased spending with actually being smart with it immediately.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

Newcastle's rise is a problem. They've almost totally circumvented the period of expensive mistakes like what Man City had. They've combined increased spending with actually being smart with it immediately.

I think that is where the Dan Ashworth appointment makes sense,  he has a reputation for building a recruitment network and he gets paid very well for doing that job.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I think that is where the Dan Ashworth appointment makes sense,  he has a reputation for building a recruitment network and he gets paid very well for doing that job.

It was the best appointment you could've made. I've little doubt that you will become quite well established at the top soon - even if this season is an overachievement.

Fair play, you've really taken advantage where we didn't three years ago.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

There’s some incredibly poor management in football above on the field matters, expect more well ran clubs to dominate in the next decade. City I hate but they are arguably the best ran club in Europe right now. I don’t see Chelsea recovering quickly either so many problems, Spurs fantastic commercial arm, shocking football arm. “Big 6” which I don’t agree with anyway is a flexible term, expect teams to come and go. 

around 50 seconds in he talks about money guarantees nothing, it's about finding the right personality and ability.

I think last opinions are "we bought success" but in reality most of the players were there pre takeover.

these last 16 months or so have been surreal, I keep thinking it is a dream.

• The topic was unpinned

Most incredible start to a game I've ever been at. Clinical execution of the highest quality. Competent coaching breeds confidence and desire. All season we have brutally punished anyone who isn't up for it. 

It's a superb response to our worst performance of the season last week. Sean Longstaff I think silently vital.

Still plenty of tests left this season but you have to say at this point it would be disappointing to miss out on the top 4. Keep pushing and incredibly we would get it.

58 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Most incredible start to a game I've ever been at. Clinical execution of the highest quality. Competent coaching breeds confidence and desire. All season we have brutally punished anyone who isn't up for it. 

It's a superb response to our worst performance of the season last week. Sean Longstaff I think silently vital.

Still plenty of tests left this season but you have to say at this point it would be disappointing to miss out on the top 4. Keep pushing and incredibly we would get it.

in that sky interview Howe talks about character not the names on shirts.   I think you have to be a certain type of character to play in this team.   

Longstaff has been stable and consistent, two of the best traits a player can have.  Big up to Murphy, he is keeping 11 goal Almiron out the team.

16 hours ago, 6666 said:

When was the last time a team had at least a 3 goal lead for 80 minutes of a match? Crazy.

Also, Joe Willock for England. Should at least be ahead of Conor Gallagher.

he is knocking.  He has a bit of work to do, as Howe says hos off the ball game is work in progress however he is one player than can go up a few levels when he refines his game.

Archived