talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 32 Fixtures - 21-23rd April, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

I look around and I see nothing but green flags all over the place. That was right out of the textbook of 2014/15 and 2016/17 LCFC remontada. This is a team that is capable and it was mainly the shenanigans of one man that was stopping it for so long.

Half an hour in I must admit I watched and thought maybe we really are unfixable. Maybe we really are too far gone. But one moment turns the game and to be honest from the minute we equalised we were quite considerably the better team.

We had the better chances throughout most of the game and allowed little at our goal bar the stupid error from Tielemans. The issues were not structural, they were individual.

Smith got the line up a bit wrong and as I've been saying Vardy shouldn't be starting now (even if he did roll back the years a bit for the penalty). We were getting totally overrun in midfield and he shored it up.

To me though, it was just a game where so many of the fundamentals and the basics that have been increasingly lacking for so long under Rodgers were back. Me and Stan both had us to record a one goal win in predictions, something we hadn't done in over a year - and I think that stat is quite telling of what we have been as a team. We can win games but we have to be absolutely comfortable to see it out.

Well today wasn't comfortable, you never know if Neves or Moutinho are going to crack one in out of the blue.

But we were the better team for sure. We deserved it and I think there's a pretty wide held belief that we can pull out of this now.

Delighted tonight. I've missed this.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Stan said:

This says a lot:

Leicester goal scorer Timothy Castagne: "You could see the fans were happy because we tried to play better football than before - more aggressive.

Not the first time Castagne has made digs at Rodgers. I've always had a bit of a gut instinct that he wasn't a fan and Tanner said as much in the big article that the Belgian contingent weren't enamoured.

Castagne's had a pretty poor season but I really do think we've just been terribly mismanaged to a barely believable level - we've had a managers' last month before a sacking level of management for about 75% of the season. I've therefore held back on making too strong judgements on most of our players because I believed the management was 'that' inept.

Iversen now a regular (26 fucking games of Ward!!!), Soyuncu back in the team where he belongs, and Soumare an absolute revelation, by a mile the best game he's had for us. That game has made me see him in a different light. The talent is genuinely there.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Dan said:

Not the first time Castagne has made digs at Rodgers. I've always had a bit of a gut instinct that he wasn't a fan and Tanner said as much in the big article that the Belgian contingent weren't enamoured.

Castagne's had a pretty poor season but I really do think we've just been terribly mismanaged to a barely believable level - we've had a managers' last month before a sacking level of management for about 75% of the season. I've therefore held back on making too strong judgements on most of our players because I believed the management was 'that' inept.

Iversen now a regular (26 fucking games of Ward!!!), Soyuncu back in the team where he belongs, and Soumare an absolute revelation, by a mile the best game he's had for us. That game has made me see him in a different light. The talent is genuinely there.

Watching highlights back and various clips, I'm very impressed with Soumare yesterday. Soyuncu was man of the match by far, but Soumare was that good he was next best and that's saying something. 

I think Smith has probably been clearer with him in what he wants, and recognised his strengths as opposed to suffocating him in a purely defensive role. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

2-0 xD

Spurs could be on the end of a humiliation if Newcastle really want it. 

That defence is rancid. 

I had posted on themag that Perisic and Porro are good going forward but they are not good defensively and we need to go direct behind the fullbacks

• Subscriber

All you need to know about Spurs is that Everton are very possibly going to be a Championship side next year and yet I think drawing with them a few weeks ago was a dreadful result for us even considering we had a man less for a decent part of that match.

I refuse to believe that they're 5th in the table. What a disgrace they've been lately.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Stan said:

Watching highlights back and various clips, I'm very impressed with Soumare yesterday. Soyuncu was man of the match by far, but Soumare was that good he was next best and that's saying something. 

I think Smith has probably been clearer with him in what he wants, and recognised his strengths as opposed to suffocating him in a purely defensive role. 

I've been heavily critical of Soumare but I meant it when I said everybody gets a second chance for me, I include even the likes of Vestergaard and Bertrand in that (whilst admittedly not expecting much). I think why it's gotten me so much with Soumare is that I knew Soyuncu was good, I knew he was capable, I didn't think Soumare had a performance like that in him.

• Subscriber

Tottenham are in for a rocky few years I think. Chelsea are having a disaster season but I don't think this level is the norm. Tottenham if they lose Kane I really could envisage having a period of midtable finishes. They are piss poor and they have been a while.

Feel for @Storts Thats a long way to go to see your side chuck in the towel after 20mins.

We've chucked in some absolute dross recently and I'm disgusted but I don't know how you can chuck away a win at Everton with an extra man, lose at home to Bournemouth and then get destroyed by Newcastle.

The team spirit is shattered. You can see them tailing off to an 8th or 9th finish now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived