talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 32 Fixtures - 21-23rd April, 2023

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal have thrown it away. I don’t care what the aim was at the start of the season, so throw these last two games is absolutely pathetic. They won’t and don’t deserve to win the title if they lose their bottle like that. If I were an Arsenal fan I would be raging for not walking away with six points against West Ham & Southampton. Jesus Christ. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Arsenal have thrown it away. I don’t care what the aim was at the start of the season, so throw these last two games is absolutely pathetic. They won’t and don’t deserve to win the title if they lose their bottle like that. If I were an Arsenal fan I would be raging for not walking away with six points against West Ham & Southampton. Jesus Christ. 

3 if you include how dominant they were against you. But I do agree, to not be beating West Ham/Southampton with the positions they're in, is quite naive and unimpressive. Especially as they were winning against West Ham, too.

Still in our hands... just about.

Terrible from us. One or two absentees and this whole team becomes confused.

Expect us to get spanked by Man City and maybe drop a few more points after that. It'll end up looking like a comfortable title win for them.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

3 if you include how dominant they were against you. But I do agree, to not be beating West Ham/Southampton with the positions they're in, is quite naive and unimpressive. Especially as they were winning against West Ham, too.

Letting a lead slip away at Anfield on paper isn’t shameful. But I agree, they had us over the coals and should have put the game to bed in the first half. Their game management in the last fortnight has been shocking. 

Now watch them go and beat City next week. I hope they do, but the way both teams are praying points to one result. 

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

This.

Still not 100% okay with us wasting our 2 goal lead against Liverpool either. We could've and should've been in a much better position but we fucked it up. 

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Still in our hands... just about.

Terrible from us. One or two absentees and this whole team becomes confused.

Expect us to get spanked by Man City and maybe drop a few more points after that. It'll end up looking like a comfortable title win for them.

You haven't won at the Etihad since 2015 though and we are in top form. i don't see you winning at Newcastle too

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You haven't won at the Etihad since 2015 though and we are in top form. i don't see you winning at Newcastle too

Which is why I said you'll end up winning the league comfortably.

• Subscriber

I think you could forgive Liverpool if they'd won these two at a canter but they've failed. They're a very good team but they've thrown everything at this league (pretty dreadful cup performances on the whole really) and they're not likely now to see it through. It's hard to spin that as anything other than disappointing no matter what the preseason expectation was.

These chances don't come around often - but then at the same time, Man City have definitely closed off the 'chance'. Back in January time they looked well off it but not now.

I think you could forgive coming 2nd but not quite in these circumstances. 2 points from this and West Ham is horrendous. Even we managed 3 from those two!!!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived