• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

[Poll] Feedback and Suggestions

How many quizzes should there be in each season?  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. How many quizzes should there be in each season?

    • 10
      0
    • 15
      1
    • 20
      8
    • 25
      1
    • 30
      1


Recommended Posts

This was suggested the other day, and I think it might be a good plan to reset the league standings periodically. I'm currently thinking every 20 quizzes as this means each "season" would last about two months which seems like a good time period. It gives newcomers the opportunity to win a "season" even if they have struggled on the early quizzes or missed some due to being on holiday or whatever.

I also want to use this thread for any other current or future feedback and suggestions for how I can improve this and keep it interesting.

Mods - please pin this thread to the top!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, happy with that. 20 seasons gives for a good average too. 

Mentioned how good this is in another thread; very happy with how it's going so far and not just cos it's going well personally! It's being run well and the frequency of the quizzes definitely helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps a suggestion for future - requested quizzes or rounds like they do in Mastermind (yes, I'm a geek). Where members have the option of their own category. Obviously can't be too specialist (like Brian choosing Peruvian 3rd Division or some shit like that). Has to be sensible so it's easy for you to research and provide the necessary mix of slightly easier or challenging questions and volume of questions too. 

Maybe have a set list (which only you know to prevent 'revision/learning') of people's suggestions and do those whenever you feel to mix it in with your order of quizzes etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2017 at 4:01 PM, RandoEFC said:

This was suggested the other day, and I think it might be a good plan to reset the league standings periodically. I'm currently thinking every 20 quizzes as this means each "season" would last about two months which seems like a good time period. It gives newcomers the opportunity to win a "season" even if they have struggled on the early quizzes or missed some due to being on holiday or whatever.

I also want to use this thread for any other current or future feedback and suggestions for how I can improve this and keep it interesting.

Mods - please pin this thread to the top!

@HoneyNUFC should be able to give you mod powers exclusive to this section if you ask him nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, I think 20 is good, especially if they are being cracked out regularly, but no pressure on you @RandoEFC

I'm not sure on 'requesting your own round', I think it's good to have whatever topic is sprung on you. For me, I'd probably try to avoid certain area's, mainly to do with other leagues outside of England but it is a good leveller when you have to go out your comfort zone. A bit like an F1 season on different tracks. You suck it up and get as good a mark as you can.

I'd definitely open the floor to suggestions for topics. E.G World Cup 2010 round, Champions League debutants round, 90th Minute Winners round or even Match winning substitutes round, stuff like that.

The basic thing though is to keep it simple. No need to tweak anything IMO with it, it works really well and your doing a great job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Again, I think 20 is good, especially if they are being cracked out regularly, but no pressure on you @RandoEFC

I'm not sure on 'requesting your own round', I think it's good to have whatever topic is sprung on you. For me, I'd probably try to avoid certain area's, mainly to do with other leagues outside of England but it is a good leveller when you have to go out your comfort zone. A bit like an F1 season on different tracks. You suck it up and get as good a mark as you can.

I'd definitely open the floor to suggestions for topics. E.G World Cup 2010 round, Champions League debutants round, 90th Minute Winners round or even Match winning substitutes round, stuff like that.

The basic thing though is to keep it simple. No need to tweak anything IMO with it, it works really well and your doing a great job.

 

that's kind of what I meant :). Didn't mean too specific but focus on competitions or eras of the game (going back to the 30s/40s for @SirBalon and @Bluewolf or 90s for young'uns like me ;) )

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's kind of what I meant :). Didn't mean too specific but focus on competitions or eras of the game (going back to the 30s/40s for @SirBalon and @Bluewolf or 90s for young'uns like me ;) )

Oh for sure, I'm on board with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I still want to bring in other leagues and not spend too many focusing on England and the Premier League but it's hard not to given that it's where my knowledge lies and probably what a lot of people would prefer me to do. Nice to keep it fair and mix it up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for what it's worth I think you should do more German football quizzes. :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Large said:

Well for what it's worth I think you should do more German football quizzes. :whistling:

In German 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, Batard said:

In German 

Ja.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this dead @RandoEFC? Thought you were really onto something with this although the extra workload wasn't ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Is this dead @RandoEFC? Thought you were really onto something with this although the extra workload wasn't ideal.

We'll do the last two rounds over the next week now you mention it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement