Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

100 Greatest Footballers of all Time


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-greatest-footballers-ever

Published by FourFourTwo. Think its being completed today

100. Gheorge Hagi

99. Mario Coluna

98. Mario Kempes

97. Neymar

96. Obdulio varela

95. Djalma Santos

94. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

93. Philip Lahm

92. Sandor Kocsis

91. Sepp Maier

90. Roberto Carlos

89. Hristo Stoichkov

88. Allan Simonsen

87. Javier Zanetti

86. Gabriel Batistuta

85. Uwe Seeler

84. Giacinto Faccheti

83. Ryan Giggs

82. Hugo Sanchez

81. Dragan Dzajic

80. Thierry Henry

79. Gigi Riva

78. Just Fontaine

77. Frank Rijkaard

76. Denis Law

75. Cafu

74. Josef Masopust

73. Omar Sivori

72. Jose Andrade

71. John Charles

70. Paul Breitner

69. Dennis Bergkamp

68. Sandro Mazzola

67. Florian Albert

66. Teofilo Cubillas

65. Jimmy Johnstone

64. Johan Neeskens

63. Gordon Banks

62. Dixie Dean

61. Peter Schmeichel

60. Kevin Keegan

59. Andres Iniesta

58. Adolfo Pedernera

57. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

56. Daniel Pasarella

55. Dino Zoff

54. Gunnar Nordahl

53. Gaetano Scirea

52. Roberto Baggio

51. Jairzinho

50. Xavi

49. Nilton Santos

48. Michael Laudrup

47. Rivellino

46. Juan Alberto Schiaffino

45. Oleg Blockhin

44. Didi

43. Fritz Walter

42. Matthias Sindelar

41. Gianluigi Buffon

40. Kenny Dalglish

39. Nandor Hidegkuti

38. Gianni Rivera

37. Ruud Gulit

36. Paco Gento

35. Luis Suarez (Spanish)

34. Stanley Matthews

33. Gunter Netzer

32. Paolo Rossi

31. Jose Manuel Moreno

30. Lothar Mattheus

29. Raymond Kopa

28. Socrates

27. Bobby Moore

26. Valentino Mazzola

25. Carlos Alberto

24. Ronaldinho

23. Eusebio

22. Lev Yashin

21. Romario

20. Paolo Maldini

19. Bobby Charlton

18. Giuseppe Meazza

17. Gerd Muller

16. Zico

15. Franco Baresi

14. George Best

13. Marco Van basten

12. Michel Platini

11. Garrincha

10. Ronaldo

9. Ferenc Puskas

8. Zinedine Zidane

7. Franz Beckenbauer

6. Alfredo Di Stefano

5. Cristiano Ronaldo

4. Johan Cruyff

3. Pele

2. Lionel Messi

1. Diego Maradona.

 

I only really looked to see if any Peruvians were on it, and there was. 66th, Teofilo Cubillas which seems about right to me. I read up to that because I already knew what the top 10 was going to be.

Neymar in 97th is bold. Maybe when he hits 30 it'll be fair to include him in these things.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.
1 minute ago, Stan said:

If Emile Heskey isn't in the top 10, this list isn't worth reading.

Pfff, German Alemanno should be somewhere in there.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Just prefer the Brazilian really. Dread to think how devastating he'd be if he didn't have injuries hampering him. 

Agreed. In terms of talent, R9 surpasses Cristiano. But in terms of longevity and efficiency, Cristiano is what ultimately separates him which is why i'd rank him above R9

@LaSambadeStGermain

Can you post the full list? My browser for some reason can't open it up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cicero said:

Agreed. In terms of talent, R9 surpasses Cristiano. But in terms of longevity and efficiency, Cristiano is what ultimately separates him which is why i'd rank him above R9

@LaSambadeStGermain

Can you post the full list? My browser for some reason can't open it up 

By full list you mean on post one by one on here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cicero said:

Yeah if you can. Or the top 50 at least. 

That's a lot of work, but I'll do it I guess. Not much else to do right now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

If Emile Heskey isn't in the top 10, this list isn't worth reading.

:D Damn that made my sides hurt!

Really subjective topic this, there have been so many class players who deserve a mention, it's also a generational thing. Most younger people won't think of the likes Eusébio or even Trautmann who was not only a great keeper of his generation but also completed a game with a broken neck!

Be interesting to see who's on there...

Edited by ficklered
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cicero said:

Iniesta 59. 

 

Ok

I don't know if I agreed or disagreed with that but for me he should have been higher than Xavi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just prefer the Brazilian really. Dread to think how devastating he'd be if he didn't have injuries hampering him. 

Yeah, but he was hampered by injuries and that does affect everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, but he was hampered by injuries and that does affect everything.

Agreed. We're not looking at what ifs, we're looking at what actually happened.

If we looked at what ifs, Freddy Adu would have been the best American player ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I don't know if I agreed or disagreed with that but for me he should have been higher than Xavi.

Easily top 10 for me. I understand it's subjective, but that is ridiculous for him to be ranked 59

 

1. Lionel Messi 

2. Diego Maradona

3. Alfredo Di Stéfano

4. Garrincha 

5. Johan Cruyff

6. Andres Iniesta

7. Cristiano Ronaldo

8. Pelé

9. Ferenc Puskás

10. Platini 

Edited by Cicero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its impossible to get these lists right, no one agrees with any of these lists and in my opinion these should be banned. Why the fuck isnt there a goal keeper in top 10 or top 15 ot top 20? Bullshit lists 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Asura said:

Its impossible to get these lists right, no one agrees with any of these lists and in my opinion these should be banned. Why the fuck isnt there a goal keeper in top 10 or top 15 ot top 20? Bullshit lists 

They are always shite when people put personal bias as well as irrational analysis when ranking players. A GK in there is a mockery. 

First and forth most, the main things that need to be considered is their footballing ability as well as their contribution to the game (IE accomplishments +consistency). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

They are always shite when people put personal bias as well as irrational analysis when ranking players. A GK in there is a mockery. 

First and forth most, the main things that need to be considered is their footballing ability as well as their contribution to the game (IE accomplishments +consistency). 

Why a GK in there is a mockery? Most of these individual awards and lists are biased towards forwards and goal scoring mids. How is Buffon any less than, lets say, Ronaldo 9? 

All these lists are subjective and like I said they all tend to be biased towards forwards, just like the Balon D'or

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They are always shite when people put personal bias as well as irrational analysis when ranking players. A GK in there is a mockery. 

First and forth most, the main things that need to be considered is their footballing ability as well as their contribution to the game (IE accomplishments +consistency). 

which is why I prefer R9 to CR7 (hate calling them that but it's easier).

Especially contribution to the game and achievements/honours both domestically and internationally. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Asura said:

Why a GK in there is a mockery? Most of these individual awards and lists are biased towards forwards and goal scoring mids. How is Buffon any less than, lets say, Ronaldo 9? 

All these lists are subjective and like I said they all tend to be biased towards forwards, just like the Balon D'or

How can a goalkeeper, one that demonstrates reflexes as the main attribute and hardly uses their feet in the game,  be a better 'footballer' than a player who demonstrates technical ability and intelligence on the pitch? Football needs to be categorised primarily on their ability with the ball, as this creates more attributes to analyse rather than a goal keeper who's only attributes are reflexes and positioning. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cicero said:

How can a goalkeeper, one that demonstrates reflexes as the main attribute and hardly uses their feet in the game,  be a better 'footballer' than a player who demonstrates technical ability and intelligence on the pitch? Football needs to be categorised primarily on their ability with the ball, as this creates more attributes to analyse rather than a goal keeper who's main attributes are reflexes and positioning. 

:dam:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Philip Lahm really one of the 100 greatest footballers of all time? I mean, he was a very good player, but he wasn´t even nowhere close to being the best player at his national team and at Bayern. I don´t see how you can have him on this list and not Arjen Robben.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cicero said:

Least post a counter argument instead of a fucking emoticon. You just look like a knob. 

That post was so full of shit I cant even respond to that. Be happy with whatever theory you want to believe about how goal keepers dont deserve to be in those lists because they dont play the ball with their feet much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Is Philip Lahm really one of the 100 greatest footballers of all time? I mean, he was a very good player, but he wasn´t even nowhere close to being the best player at his national team and at Bayern. I don´t see how you can have him on this list and not Arjen Robben.

Isnt Lahm considered the best right back in this generation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...