talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game is BACK

football forum

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm in potshot territory now. I'm genuinely sick as fuck about not backing that one earlier though.

This is mine:

Screenshot_20240225_044033_bet365.jpg

Here comes the Brentford 5-0 win... 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Here comes the Brentford 5-0 win... 

With it being 0-2 going into injury time or some shit xD

I'm definitely picking bigger odds things now - I'm getting absolutely sod all out of things at odds on so we might as well take some gambles. My one actual win was at quite good odds.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

FA Cup 5th Round - 25th Feb

Bournemouth v Leicester (Leicester to win)
Blackburn v Newcastle (Blackburn to win) 

These fixtures are for next week and you've not done one for this week yet. So if you want to do one for a couple of games tomorrow then you are welcome to.

I run the weeks from Tuesday to Monday simply due to the fact the football usually runs over a weekend at that time. I know it's a strange time for it though.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Dan said:

These fixtures are for next week and you've not done one for this week yet. So if you want to do one for a couple of games tomorrow then you are welcome to.

I run the weeks from Tuesday to Monday simply due to the fact the football usually runs over a weekend at that time. I know it's a strange time for it though.

Ok

Premier League - 26th Feb
West Ham
v Brentford (West Ham to win)

Italian Serie A - 26th Feb
Roma
v Torino (Roma to win)

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I've not been through it, but it's looking like the best week by a mile yet.

West Ham Brentford is definitely ending a draw given I need one and John needs the other.

• Subscriber
On 25/02/2024 at 20:57, Dan said:

I've not been through it, but it's looking like the best week by a mile yet.

West Ham Brentford is definitely ending a draw given I need one and John needs the other.

On 25/02/2024 at 19:54, CaaC (John) said:

Premier League - 26th Feb
West Ham
v Brentford (West Ham to win)>>> (4-2)  :banana:

Italian Serie A - 26th Feb
Roma
v Torino (Roma to win)>>> (3-2:hh:

I think I did well there, both won!! xD

• Subscriber
On 20/02/2024 at 03:57, Dan said:

WEEK 29 - USUAL SERVICE

image.thumb.png.74b24d3d33a05a0cdcb5241d84730293.png

WEEK 29 STATS
Winning bets: 2/7
Winning selections: 6/13
Weekly forum position: -£16.19 (Ranked 16/29)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 48/193
Winning selections: 164/365

Total forum position: -£416.99

A fairly average week this time out with no substantial wins but enough to keep things semi respectable, particularly compared to some recent weeks, albeit it is still a loss - we've played 29 weeks and we've lost on 19 of them, with myself contributing a remarkable 28 times.

@Pyfish makes a return to the league with a win, landing the smallest odds winner of the season on one selection (which came quite close for comfort actually) but padding it out with a good pick in Solanke to score at Newcastle, for a steady 1.5 point win, and just under a £50 gap to second placed @Lucas who came extremely close to taking top spot in spite of this, putting together a pretty ambitious bet builder and as often seems to happen on them, is let down by what appears on the face of it one of the safest legs. A real piss-take.

@...Dan returns with a loss having picked two duds in Zwolle and Pau - although looking to the stats tells me Zwolle were victims of a smash and grab. Pau were 2 down quite early on though in what's a fairly low scoring league.

@Stan comes mightily close to a good win himself, missing by just one corner on the Sydney Adelaide game while Portsmouth v Reading pays out a home win with over 2 goals being scored. That exact fixture ended 7-4 in a Premier League game in 2007, so it was never in doubt. In-fact Stan and Lucas wins would've taken us to nearly our biggest win of the season. Fine margins.

@RandoEFC is the only change in the table this week following a remarkable late turnaround in Holland and then a very safe winner in Rangers and under 5 goals. He leaps ahead of @CaaC (John) who's Monday picks produced a double blank.

And as ever, we finish with me losing. This is genuinely embarrassing at this point. How is it even possible to lose 28 times out of 29? xD For some context, that rate of return implies that I should've been taking bets pretty much at two 5/1 teams per weekend, but I certainly haven't been doing that. Incredible. Absolutely abysmal.

As for the bet freeze. On Sky now you have the option to 'freeze' a team when they go ahead so essentially paid out as a winner. You can do this up to five times in a week, the bet must have 5 teams or more in it, and the maximum stake on the acca is £20. But what I've started doing, and have managed to land in my fourth attempt having 'frozen' Bochum to beat Bayern (albeit pointlessly as Bochum ended up winning anyway), is picking four fairly safe picks (easier said than done granted) and then one big outsider to freeze on the off chance that they go ahead at any point in the game. So basically, you are getting the 8/1 odds that Bochum were to win the game changed to 8/1 on Bochum to have the lead at any point during the game. I won £92 from a fiver and I honestly think at the rate you this happens, you're surely going to profit. I've seen people on Twitter winning thousands doing it. Somebody landed Vietnam going ahead against Japan at 125/1 xD for a little more context, I did it earlier on Moreirense v Sporting, backing Moreirense at 8/1. They lost 0-2 so it didn't matter, but I happened to notice in play, Moreirense were 3/1 to score the first goal at 0-0, so you are basically getting enormously boosted prices - bear in mind the possibility of Moreirense going behind and then ahead again means the 'real' odds are actually probably something like 11/4, and you can get it at 8/1 if you're alert enough to freeze the selection. I've done 7 bets in total, lost 6, won 1, but I'm £57 up. Going to do it with fivers until I get to a few hundred and then up the ante. Will keep you posted how it goes, but I'm convinced there's good money in this.

WEEK 30 - BARNSTORMING

image.thumb.png.534207dbf9b34d11acbf100bb9cefadd.png

WEEK 30 STATS
Winning bets: 3/5
Winning selections: 8/10
Weekly forum position: +£97.85 (Ranked 1/30)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 51/198
Winning selections: 172/375

Total forum position: -£319.14

Week 30 brings about the best performing week of the season, and I tell you what, it was so close to being even better. Five players, three winners and even the two losers did not get too far off either.

@Lucas closes the gap on @Pyfish with a 3/1 winning bet builder on the League Cup final. One of those that looks easy in hindsight. Only his fourth winner this season, but he seems to save the wins for good ones and the fact he's in comfortable profit despite this is proof of how quickly this game can turn.

@Stan wins prediction of the week and is the biggest riser in the table too - very cynically picking the worst possible outcome for Leicester at the weekend to which all teams duly obliged. A late Leicester collapse at Leeds and the usual late goalfest at Portman Road sealing his biggest win of the season.

@CaaC (John) owes me here for reminding him to get one in for this week as his Monday double pays out to rise back to 7th - his second biggest win of the season too.

Then we come to the genuinely unlucky. @RandoEFC's trip to the French third tier proved fruitful with a comfortable 4-1 home win for Red Star, but he was let down in the goalfest at Kaiserslautern as they failed to land any of the four that occurred. One of the nearest misses of late, but I would argue probably not even the closest of the weekend.

My loss is less about what I did pick, though it's absolute sods law to see that following a Liverpool victory in a low scoring game obliged at genuinely kind odds, that West Ham would blow my other leg apart after six fucking minutes, as their two goals meant it was not possible for my bet to actually win. The absolute sickener was how close I came to putting a double of Crystal Palace to beat Burnley and under 5 goals and Fulham to win at Man Utd - two predictions I can back up in the predictions league, that would've paid out probably the second biggest win of the season and actually clawed me to not far off the bottom. Alas, it's this game, so I'm just not allowed nice things. Though I do happen to remember that my other winner came on the weekend we played QPR away and we face them at home this weekend. I really am clinging onto anything I can here. I'll also be going for pretty high odds picks too because at this point, there really is nothing to lose.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Yorkshire! Yorkshire!

image.png.91f25cc59837e608a48b2f305398d1d8.png

This weekend's picks take me to the two Yorkshire derbies in the Championship. With picking a long shot like Huddersfield there isn't loads of science behind it beyond thinking Leeds are due a loss, and that it would be typical of them to serve it up in a local derby like this against a Huddersfield side in not bad form. It has all the hallmarks of a coupon buster for me, and I feel like with Leicester this season, whenever we've had a really bad weekend, a really good one hasn't been far away. 

The other is that I think the odds are again generous. Rotherham are down. They're beaten. They're miles off it and at this point in pretty much freefall. If you were to put together a Championship table since Rohl took charge of Sheffield Wednesday, they would be 14th, winning 9, drawing 2 and losing 12. While Rotherham in the same period have produced 2-7-14 - comfortably the worst in the division. I do think the price is boosted simply because of the league position of Sheffield Wednesday and that the gulf between these two is a bit bigger than the prices suggest, so I think they're worth being with.

• Subscriber

Didn't realise I'd forgotten again!

image.png.32c22bfd1c4fd2bdd457c1a5ec46738a.png

Dangerous for me as I don't want to tempt fate but didn't want to bet on Grimsby so I'm betting on the two teams around us to lose. 

• Administrator

Rangers in very hot form, expecting that to continue this weekend.

The bet for the other game has come in quite frequently recently in several PL games. 

Screenshot_20240302-074052.png

I'm going to split my bets up if ok.

First selection is 1 Watkins Shot on Target and Watkins to be fouled once.

Betfair boost of 6/4 (2.50) so £10 wins £25.

If it comes in, I'll likely have a selection from the Manchester derby.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20240301_193627_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d87c25643ac96fd63538e6f78cf5e292.jpg

Mine for the weekend.

Falkirk 0-0 at half time of course so it's a no. Watch them score 30 seconds into the second half and win 3-0 xD.

• Subscriber
On 29/02/2024 at 02:31, Dan said:

Yorkshire! Yorkshire!

image.png.91f25cc59837e608a48b2f305398d1d8.png

This weekend's picks take me to the two Yorkshire derbies in the Championship. With picking a long shot like Huddersfield there isn't loads of science behind it beyond thinking Leeds are due a loss, and that it would be typical of them to serve it up in a local derby like this against a Huddersfield side in not bad form. It has all the hallmarks of a coupon buster for me, and I feel like with Leicester this season, whenever we've had a really bad weekend, a really good one hasn't been far away. 

The other is that I think the odds are again generous. Rotherham are down. They're beaten. They're miles off it and at this point in pretty much freefall. If you were to put together a Championship table since Rohl took charge of Sheffield Wednesday, they would be 14th, winning 9, drawing 2 and losing 12. While Rotherham in the same period have produced 2-7-14 - comfortably the worst in the division. I do think the price is boosted simply because of the league position of Sheffield Wednesday and that the gulf between these two is a bit bigger than the prices suggest, so I think they're worth being with.

So fucking close. I am just doomed to never win.

• Subscriber
On 29/02/2024 at 10:21, Pyfish said:

Didn't realise I'd forgotten again!

image.png.32c22bfd1c4fd2bdd457c1a5ec46738a.png

Dangerous for me as I don't want to tempt fate but didn't want to bet on Grimsby so I'm betting on the two teams around us to lose. 

Up to you but you can either cash in Tranmere for a £9.50 win or you can convert this to a double.

On 02/03/2024 at 13:39, Lucas said:

I'm going to split my bets up if ok.

First selection is 1 Watkins Shot on Target and Watkins to be fouled once.

Betfair boost of 6/4 (2.50) so £10 wins £25.

If it comes in, I'll likely have a selection from the Manchester derby.

The Watkins one came in.

So I'm going to combine this with a Man City Man U bet builder.

Man City to win, Over 2.5 Goals, Foden 1 Shot on target and Casimiro +1 foul.

1.95 odds.

So if this lands, with the 2.50 from Watkins, it will be £48.75 from £10.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

The Watkins one came in.

So I'm going to combine this with a Man City Man U bet builder.

Man City to win, Over 2.5 Goals, Foden 1 Shot on target and Casimiro +1 foul.

1.95 odds.

So if this lands, with the 2.50 from Watkins, it will be £48.75 from £10.

For that to lose because Casemiro doesn't make a single foul in a derby. The game has gone.

• Administrator

Yeah I had a Casemiro foul in one of my bet builders on Skybet. First foul in the game didn't even come til the 26th minute ffs. Unheard of in that game. 

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

For that to lose because Casemiro doesn't make a single foul in a derby. The game has gone.

I know, I had to double check the stats twice thinking it was some kind of sick joke. This game has a brilliant curse over us at times.