Winning bets: 0 / 6
Winning selections: 4 / 11
Weekly forum position: -£60.00 (29/32)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 52 / 210
Winning selections: 181 / 397

Total forum position: -£419.64

Late table and it wasn't really worth the wait was it. Christ. Six losers, four of us coming fairly close though - me and @RandoEFC were only a goal out on the same game although admittedly that's despite a last gasp goal coming in anyway so it wasn't 'that' close (though mine would've been a fucking belting win that would've nearly taken me off the bottom!). Better luck this week.

WEEK 33 - VERY SOLID

image.thumb.png.d2ed2b315b97c08bcdf57f708ef74d92.png

WEEK 33 STATS
Winning bets: 4 / 7
Winning selections: 8 / 12
Weekly forum position: +78.51 (Ranked 3/33)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 56 / 216

Total forum position: -£341.13

This was a much better showing, in both how quickly I got the table out and the general performance on show, with it being just the second time all season that four people posted a winner.

It was actually a really quite impressive showing in general. Shown in the overall balance of course, but even those who lost this week all either landed a good pick or came very close to doing so.

@Lucas returns to the top of the table following a 3/1 success on the Sky Bet boosts. Always nice to see Sky taking a hit. I'm very bitter about them stealing acca freeze away from me. It's looking like a two way title battle at the minute between him and @Pyfish who loses top spot for the first time since January. A fantastic pick on the Luton Forest game where he essentially needed the game to end 1-1 or 2-1 either way, a quite niche pick but a winner, but let down by Man City only getting the 2 goals against Newcastle despite having them both by the half hour mark.

@Stan becomes the third player to enter profit in this weeks table - the first time that has happened since October. I'm spotting a trend in cynicism in his picks which seems to be paying dividends as we approach the business end of the season. Funny that. Ipswich and over 2.5 seems to be a pretty nailed on pick just about every time they play at home, and it was always pretty likely to happen in Chelsea v Leicester too. Good odds considering.

@...Dan makes a return after a few weeks out and despite this run stretching back to November, this makes it 4 wins in 6 for him following two away wins. Rijeka winning 0-1 in a game they appeared to completely dominate, and Leipzig producing similar but in far more clinical fashion, winning 1-5 at Koln.

@CaaC (John) picks up a good win having backed a score draw successfully. I have to say when I saw that I considered backing it myself, it felt extremely 1-1 to me, although it appears Stockley Park saved him somewhat. We seem to have a bit of a knack in this game of picking postponed matches, but in this case John took the void and the £33.33 win.

@RandoEFC is the only player in the game to not claim any win on a selection this weekend with both corner picks falling two short of what was required, which is pretty unlucky.

I now hold the very unwanted title of landing 20 straight losses which, as I keep stressing just seems implausible. I think when I started this, I quietly fancied myself to do really well at it so this has been a bit of a humiliation considering. But my god I don't get any luck do I. Successfully landing Chelsea beating us and BTTS (again at very decent odds), bloody hell, I even said 4-2 on the day. But Huddersfield get a red card at Rotherham and draw the game, so once again I think bad variance has stuffed me because Rotherham are genuine no-hopers and 11 v 11 I think Huddersfield to win the game. There's no point in me trying to pick anything under evens now either to be honest, there are only 11 more attempts to claw this back. The worst case scenario for me is I finish on around -£380 given there's still a £25 to use, so I've got to somehow try and make that much out of it. I'm due a bloody win anyway.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I just need to decide now whether I should go for a single bet at Evens or so that I fancy to try and pull back some respectability in that balance or just spend the remaining weeks chucking some correct score doubles at the wall at 100/1 or whatever on the off chance that one of them comes off and I win the lot. 

I know which option is more fun xD.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I just need to decide now whether I should go for a single bet at Evens or so that I fancy to try and pull back some respectability in that balance or just spend the remaining weeks chucking some correct score doubles at the wall at 100/1 or whatever on the off chance that one of them comes off and I win the lot. 

I know which option is more fun xD.

It's what I've been doing. I've landed some singles at genuinely decent odds in recent weeks but keep ruining it with a shitter.

I reckon I'll pull one good win in but nothing to stop me finishing bottom from here.

• Subscriber

Just been through and worked out what my score would be if I'd backed each pick made as a single rather than a double.

9.86 points down. So £5 stakes I'd be £49.30 down, and £10 stakes I'd be £98.60 down. Still pretty shit but slightly better than this xD 

May do this with everyone at the end of the season.

Let's have some fun this week and go for a biggie, never know what friendlies produce.

France to beat Germany, BTTS

England to beat Brazil, BTTS

13/1.

£10 win's £140. Worth a shot I reckon xD

Edit - Not sure I fancy England as much without Kane and Saka. Feels like a 1-1 to me.

Edited by Lucas

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Rookie numbers.

Screenshot_20240322_154905_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de46b3904ed3432341e1ec05b12f6561.jpg

£10 returns £910. Have some of that!

Surely that is worth a pound of your own money now, just incase it comes in. I'd be livid nailing a bet like that without real profit xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 19/03/2024 at 19:06, Dan said:

WEEK 33 - VERY SOLID

image.thumb.png.d2ed2b315b97c08bcdf57f708ef74d92.png

WEEK 33 STATS
Winning bets: 4 / 7
Winning selections: 8 / 12
Weekly forum position: +78.51 (Ranked 3/33)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 56 / 216

Total forum position: -£341.13

This was a much better showing, in both how quickly I got the table out and the general performance on show, with it being just the second time all season that four people posted a winner.

It was actually a really quite impressive showing in general. Shown in the overall balance of course, but even those who lost this week all either landed a good pick or came very close to doing so.

@Lucas returns to the top of the table following a 3/1 success on the Sky Bet boosts. Always nice to see Sky taking a hit. I'm very bitter about them stealing acca freeze away from me. It's looking like a two way title battle at the minute between him and @Pyfish who loses top spot for the first time since January. A fantastic pick on the Luton Forest game where he essentially needed the game to end 1-1 or 2-1 either way, a quite niche pick but a winner, but let down by Man City only getting the 2 goals against Newcastle despite having them both by the half hour mark.

@Stan becomes the third player to enter profit in this weeks table - the first time that has happened since October. I'm spotting a trend in cynicism in his picks which seems to be paying dividends as we approach the business end of the season. Funny that. Ipswich and over 2.5 seems to be a pretty nailed on pick just about every time they play at home, and it was always pretty likely to happen in Chelsea v Leicester too. Good odds considering.

@...Dan makes a return after a few weeks out and despite this run stretching back to November, this makes it 4 wins in 6 for him following two away wins. Rijeka winning 0-1 in a game they appeared to completely dominate, and Leipzig producing similar but in far more clinical fashion, winning 1-5 at Koln.

@CaaC (John) picks up a good win having backed a score draw successfully. I have to say when I saw that I considered backing it myself, it felt extremely 1-1 to me, although it appears Stockley Park saved him somewhat. We seem to have a bit of a knack in this game of picking postponed matches, but in this case John took the void and the £33.33 win.

@RandoEFC is the only player in the game to not claim any win on a selection this weekend with both corner picks falling two short of what was required, which is pretty unlucky.

I now hold the very unwanted title of landing 20 straight losses which, as I keep stressing just seems implausible. I think when I started this, I quietly fancied myself to do really well at it so this has been a bit of a humiliation considering. But my god I don't get any luck do I. Successfully landing Chelsea beating us and BTTS (again at very decent odds), bloody hell, I even said 4-2 on the day. But Huddersfield get a red card at Rotherham and draw the game, so once again I think bad variance has stuffed me because Rotherham are genuine no-hopers and 11 v 11 I think Huddersfield to win the game. There's no point in me trying to pick anything under evens now either to be honest, there are only 11 more attempts to claw this back. The worst case scenario for me is I finish on around -£380 given there's still a £25 to use, so I've got to somehow try and make that much out of it. I'm due a bloody win anyway.

WEEK 34 - ABSOLUTE DISASTER

image.thumb.png.6626878575e6e0c6e7d12bda011a0273.png

WEEK 34 STATS
Winning bets: 0 / 5
Winning selections: 0 / 10
Weekly forum position:
-£50.00 (Ranked 28/34)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 56 / 221
Winning selections: 181 / 407

Total forum position: -£391.13