• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Why is barbie doing so well?

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Also, Barbie has been a multi-generational piece of pop culture for what, like 60-70 years? Those adults going to watch the movie probably all played with some Barbie dolls back when they were kids... So it's nostalgia, smart marketing, self-referential humour and stellar cast, probably. 

I am guessing it is due to Margot Robbie's cock tease appeal and that it is a movie tailored for "children".   Those two factors alone help.  

It will be interesting to see if it survives 2nd and 3rd week fall off which always happens,  the movie cost 150m to make so it is currently rocking a small profit and at very least looks like a movie that will make a modest turn over.

The big winner has been Sounds of Freedom a 14m movie that has grossed over 150m excl international. 

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

I am kind of hoping Wonka is good,  however I have a nagging feeling it is going to disappoint more than @MUFCwho see's a girl who is  a 10 but has gnarly feet. 

😅

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Their marketing of it has been amazing. It's helped that people have been pitting it against Oppenheimer too and going to see both in one trip.

Their marketing budget must have been extraordinary. Can't go anywhere online without being hit by Barbie ads.

I wonder how many dolls Mattel's going to be selling this year. I imagine it's going to be a great year for them.

Archived