talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lucas Paquetá - Fee Agreed with Man City

3 hours ago, Devil said:

I fail to see what Moyes influence has had on what I've seen of Paqueta. 

He doesn't look to me to have an major attribute that would make him worth 110 million. He's not fast, he's not incredibly skillful, he gives the ball away a lot, he doesn't really tackle. 

I know he's not a bad player but it's a bit of the left field transfer signing if you ask me. You lose Gundogan and Mahrez and sign Kovacic and Paqueta. Such strange replacements.

Why didn't they just sign Rice, he's the better of the West Ham lads.

computer sez no

https://fbref.com/en/players/9b6f7fd5/Lucas-Paqueta

he was in the top percentile ranging from progressive passes, tackles, blocks, interceptions.

generally players that look for progressive passes turn over the ball more

25 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I would guess Pep sees him as adding a midfield goal threat. Still lots of money though. For someone who failed in Serie A. 

I guess Pep thinks he can improve him, he wanted him before WHU signed him but we couldn't make it work with FFP

Understand Man City are preparing new bid for Lucas Paquetá — negotiations will advance with West Ham #MCFC Paquetá has reached an agreement on personal terms with City and wants the move. Opening £70m bid rejected but City will submit new one.

Fabrizio Romano

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Kovacic is a good squad player but it was evident against Arsenal and Burnley that when he and Rodri are together there is a lack of creativity from midfield. Especially when Pep tries to play Alvarez and Haaland together. 

I think Pep is going to improve Kovacic attacking game, seen signs of it against Burnley he's a really good dribbler

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Nope, they want him included. we would be happy to loan him

They are dumb. 50m + Palmer maybe, but even then I think Palmer will quickly look like a player worth more than 35m. I wouldn’t send him on loan to a David Moyes team though, wouldn’t see the best of him.  

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

They are dumb. 50m + Palmer maybe, but even then I think Palmer will quickly look like a player worth more than 35m. I wouldn’t send him on loan to a David Moyes team though, wouldn’t see the best of him.  

85million on it's own is a stretch for Paqueta :4_joy: 50m would be more reasonable like you say as we value Palmer at 30m but he'd do better at an attacking team 

Edited by Happy Blue

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently it's to do with betting breaches he is involved in... 

Looks like this is the truth of the matter, all over the place now. Sky saying it's on hold but we can't afford to wait around 

Brazilian star Lucas Paqueta looks set to stay at West Ham, with Manchester City's proposed deal now just given a 10% chance of happening.

City had been keen to sign Paqueta to bolster their midfield options, and reports had suggested that City had agreed personal terms with the Brazilian. However, City hadn't met West Ham's £85million valuation of the midfielder.

And Sky Sports have now reported that Paqueta is deal 'on hold' - and they have given Paqueta a 90% chance to remain at West Ham. However, Sky also report that City could go back in for the midfielder later in the window.

Edited by Happy Blue

The FA are a mockery of themseleves. Crying their eyes out because of betting when half the shirt sponsors have just that. 

Everyone is at it too, I was told months ago that Jordan Henderson would be leaving Liverpool, it has been planned absolutely ages ago.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...