talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aymeric Laporte - Al-Nassr Sign Defender

football forum

• Administrator

Man City accept Al-Nassr's bid for Laporte 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66519408

Manchester City have accepted an undisclosed offer from Al-Nassr for Spain defender Aymeric Laporte.

The 29-year-old made 43 starts during 2021-22 but coach Pep Guardiola used Manuel Akanji and Nathan Ake more often during City's Treble-winning season.

City then spent £77m to bring in another left-sided defender this summer in Croatia's Josko Gvardiol, 21.

Laporte could join the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Sadio Mane, Marcelo Brozovic and Alex Telles at Al-Nassr.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• The title was changed to Aymeric Laporte - Al-Nassr Bid Accepted

the Chinese super league had nothing on the Saudi League in terms of pulling power.   The best player in that league was maybe Yannick Carrasco, everyone else was ancient and 5 years beyond sell by date or just genuinely mediocre.

Laporte will be just another high profile name making his way over.

24 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the Chinese super league had nothing on the Saudi League in terms of pulling power.   The best player in that league was maybe Yannick Carrasco, everyone else was ancient and 5 years beyond sell by date or just genuinely mediocre.

Laporte will be just another high profile name making his way over.

No shit, the Chinese government put a 100% tax on foreign transfer fees & the signings weren’t funded by the endless pit of money that is PIF. It was bankrolled mostly by Chinese real estate giants & came crashing down when their real estate bubble burst. Of course they didn’t have the pulling power - they were trying to copy the MLS to bring higher profile players into China hoping that it would improve China’s national team. It didn’t though.

Anal enter the race, would we? 😆 

It has been reported that Arsenal are keen on making a move for Manchester City centre-back Aymeric Laporte.

This comes from Fabrizio Romano, who was speaking to Caught Offside about the £57 million (Sky Sports) man’s potential move to Mikel Arteta’s side.

11 minutes ago, Devil said:

Al Nasser are actually now very close to not having a single Saudi player in their starting eleven. 

The speed they've gathered players in the league is insane. 

it will become a threat to European league's sooner rather than later, unless UEFA and FAs re-evaluate FFP to make sugar daddy investment at lower levels viable.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Al-Nassr transfer complete, they got him cheap at 35m. good luck to him, 400k a week :o

Having reportedly passed his Al-Nassr medical in Dubai, an official announcement regarding Laporte’s transfer appears imminent.

The 29-year-old said on social media ahead of the move: “Dear Cityzens, today I wanted to share a story with you.

“It has lasted for five and a half unforgettable years. Plenty of memories that I will keep forever close to my heart. It’s always easy to think of the good ones: the trophies, the wins, the goals, the tackles and the big fights in the Premier League.

“But I will also remember the bad ones: the injuries and being sidelined, the defeats and the mistakes I may have made.

"From trophies to setbacks, victories to injuries, it’s all been part of my journey, and I’m grateful for absolutely every moment that shaped me into who I am today.

“I want to thank everyone who made this journey possible: the Manchester City board, the coaches and the whole staff, every single team-mate I shared the dressing room with, and of course all of you.

“It was an honour and a pleasure to wear these colours, and I hope you will remember me in a good way for this. Thank you again for everything. I wish you the best of luck for the future and I will always keep an eye on you guys. Until we meet again, Aymeric.”

• The title was changed to Aymeric Laporte - Al-Nassr Sign Defender