Forest Green vs Newport
Grimsby vs Mansfield
Morecambe vs Bradford
Stockport vs Barrow
Sutton vs AFC Wimbledon
Tranmere vs Salford
Wrexham vs Swindon

• Subscriber

It wasn't a great performance last week when we met Mansfield in the EFL Cup so an improved performance against them this weekend is needed. We improved A LOT in our win against Salford on Tuesday night so at least a point expected from this one.

• Subscriber

It is going to be quite tough to adjust from being a side who were finishing in the top half of the PL every year immediately to one that will occasionally drop points in games such as this one. Which is why we aren't going to. 2-1 to us.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm going to Leicester, so guaranteed loss for us.

If we can show a similar performance against Leeds and not like QPR, we could pull off a surprise draw. However, I'll be very surprised if we get anything from this.

In all seriousness I don't think it's implausible. We're still a bit light in attacking areas (out wide mainly) and if you put in a stubborn defensive display you may stifle us. We haven't battered either side we have faced yet, we've more ground them down and beaten them fairly late on, which I can see being a bit of a theme given how he's getting us to play.

I do fancy us. I'm a fan of this manager so far. Agree with the majority of what he's said and done.

I can't see a win tomorrow night which is a shame because we usually have a great record at home to West Brom.

Just haven't got the options. There will be no Gnonto or Sinisterra again after their refusal's to play. Summerville injured, along with Bamford. It's literally bare bones, I can't believe we've not actually brought in one player after last week's showing at Birmingham. Shocking work from the owners, just not supporting Farke when he needs it.

I expect Joe Rodon to start after a weeks training behind him, probably ahead of Cresswell. As for anymore, really have no idea. Perhaps Rutter after returning to training, but its honestly anyone's guess. 

Bleak viewing last week, struggled to create much and not looking forward to it tomorrow. Just feels a slog at the moment. Can see the frustration from the stands already boiling over tomorrow at the owners.

Can see a defeat for sure. West Brom to go 2-0 up, we'll peg one back with 5-10mins to go but won't be enough.

1-2 with a heavy chorus of boos at Full Time and more questions of what the fuck's going on in that boardroom.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Finally managed to get a ticket for our game. Crazy how most of our home games are sellouts since we got promoted - just shows how getting decent owners in helps with everything around the club and the town!

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

I can't see a win tomorrow night which is a shame because we usually have a great record at home to West Brom.

Just haven't got the options. There will be no Gnonto or Sinisterra again after their refusal's to play. Summerville injured, along with Bamford. It's literally bare bones, I can't believe we've not actually brought in one player after last week's showing at Birmingham. Shocking work from the owners, just not supporting Farke when he needs it.

I expect Joe Rodon to start after a weeks training behind him, probably ahead of Cresswell. As for anymore, really have no idea. Perhaps Rutter after returning to training, but its honestly anyone's guess. 

Bleak viewing last week, struggled to create much and not looking forward to it tomorrow. Just feels a slog at the moment. Can see the frustration from the stands already boiling over tomorrow at the owners.

Can see a defeat for sure. West Brom to go 2-0 up, we'll peg one back with 5-10mins to go but won't be enough.

1-2 with a heavy chorus of boos at Full Time and more questions of what the fuck's going on in that boardroom.

A lot of comments about the owners already, aren't they literally brand new?

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fixed for you. :)

Getting ready to head up. Never been to the KP Stadium or Leicester in general, so looking forward to it, despite our inevitable loss.

I'll wave to you from the opposite corner. 

Enjoy the visit! 

• Administrator

Two class goals to begin with today. Wanya's was a sweetly-struck volley, somehow finding a gap between a plethora of players and into the top corner. Then we seemed to go to sleep and Ramsey scored an absolute screamer from about 30 yards out. 

What is it with Cardiff and long-rangers against us?! Camarasa, Whittingham and now Ramsey. Thankfully this time around we didn't lose it. But it was frustrating going into the break when we'd broken Cardiff down to go ahead and then lose concentration/become complacent to let Ramsey do that. 

Second half was much more entertaining, for the neutral anyway. Cardiff spurned chances, then for some reason they took Bowler off who was getting the better of Doyle and it looked like both sides were tiring. Meite made a difference but spurned two golden chances after getting the better of Vestergaard (easily done). 

I said to the guy next to me that if Casadei comes on he scores the winner. Scrappy, but he did :D

Once again, we play nowhere near our best but come away with 3 points. Very underwhelming, but in this division it's all about the points and not performances. 

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hope you enjoyed your day out @Bluebird Hewitt :)

It was until the 92nd minute of the game. :(

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Two class goals to begin with today. Wanya's was a sweetly-struck volley, somehow finding a gap between a plethora of players and into the top corner. Then we seemed to go to sleep and Ramsey scored an absolute screamer from about 30 yards out. 

What is it with Cardiff and long-rangers against us?! Sigurdsson, Whittington and now Ramsey. Thankfully this time around we didn't lose it. But it was frustrating going into the break when we'd broken Cardiff down to go ahead and then lose concentration/become complacent to let Ramsey do that. 

Second half was much more entertaining, for the neutral anyway. Cardiff spurned chances, then for some reason they took Bowler off who was getting the better of Doyle and it looked like both sides were tiring. Meite made a difference but spurned two golden chances after getting the better of Vestergaard (easily done). 

I said to the guy next to me that if Casadei comes on he scores the winner. Scrappy, but he did :D

Once again, we play nowhere near our best but come away with 3 points. Very underwhelming, but in this division it's all about the points and not performances. 

I'm fucking gutted. First half we struggled (naturally) and bar Ramsey's wonder strike, we did nothing.

Second half we improved and I said to my mate that after 2-3 clear chances, we'll pay the price. And we did, as Simpson naturally shit out and backed off.

3 points dropped in second half injury time now. Hope this isn't a regular occurrence already.

• Subscriber

Enjoyed our game. Mansfield look like a very good team and we were lucky to come away with a 1-1 draw. Our goal by Abo Eisa was stunning. One of the best I've seen physically at a ground.

Wrexham and Swindon's score was interesting!

• Subscriber
On 16/08/2023 at 17:15, Dan said:

It is going to be quite tough to adjust from being a side who were finishing in the top half of the PL every year immediately to one that will occasionally drop points in games such as this one. Which is why we aren't going to. 2-1 to us.

Fucking beautiful. Even had money on Casadei getting the winner too. I'm loving this so far despite us being miles off it!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Belter. Brilliant hit.

How you finding your season so far, albeit early days?

I think our performances are definitely better than what we saw for the majority of last season. We've had some tough games so far and held our own for the most part. Mansfield looked better than us yesterday but the encouraging thing is we remained in the game. We need to find our best formation I think to utilise the new players we have better.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Our games, bar the last 15 minutes of the Coventry game have gone almost exactly how I thought they would. There's this perception we're going to go and belt everybody from outsiders and I completely understand why but this league's always thrown up silly results. I'd not be at all surprised if we went and blew it at Rotherham next week for example.

I still think we're not the full ticket by any stretch. Still getting to grips with a new style of play but still doing enough to get the wins. I think we're grinding teams down and they're switching off towards the end - it's sort of typical of sides who go into it trying to nick results really, I don't see many teams coming here and trying to really gun for us thinking they'll beat us, but there are plenty of gaps with us at the minute.

I'm loving this new resilience though. We were without any shadow of a doubt the worst team in the country at conceding late goals for the last couple of years under Rodgers so the fact we've won games in the 86th, 73rd and 92nd minutes already is great. Given we had a pretty dog shit preseason where we prioritised clout and ego-messaging over preparedness I don't think anybody can complain at this start. We have plenty of gears to go through - we must improve though.

Cardiff - good effort, strange how a goal from absolutely nothing seemed to be what gave them belief that they could come for us, really was an absolutely fantastic strike, one of the best I've seen here in a while. I'd say over 90 we just about edged it but I could understand them feeling pretty gutted after that.

Onto Rotherham. I'll take another heartbreaking late winner.

• The topic was unpinned