talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator

Ah Nurburgring. That and Hockenheim to race and pick up speed on the old f1 games :x

Also, I know its only been a few weeks but forgotten what to do each weekend without F1 xD. Felt so good to watch it again after more months than usual without it!

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Also, I know its only been a few weeks but forgotten what to do each weekend without F1 xD. Felt so good to watch it again after more months than usual without it!

I can finally go back to watching the old seasons! Every weekend is F1 weekend B|

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Also, I know its only been a few weeks but forgotten what to do each weekend without F1 xD.

Same. :( But then we have Silverstone coming up two weekends in a row, no? So there's that. 

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

Off topic (sort of), but I just read that William Storey (the Rich Energy dude with the ZZ Top beard) is apparently taking over Sunderland? xD 

There's Drive to Survive, but there's also Sunderland 'til I Die on Netflix. Is he hoping for fame through Netflix? xD

• Haha 1

What a crap season sport this is turning out to be.

Far too many un-competitive drivers on the field.

Latifi, AKA I finish last at every race has a contract for next season. Seriously, how did this guy win F2?

So does Bottas, who cant even beat a Red Bull with a car thats half a second a lap faster than everyone else. He has literally no hunger.

Kimi just doesnt care any more. Plus the age is catching up.

Oh, and age reminds me, why Alonso, of all people? F2 is full of absolute talents, and they chose this retiree?

Albon consistently gets beaten Gasly. 

Also kind of sad Ricciardo chose Relault money over fighting for wins but he doesnt get in anyone's way, makes zero mistakes, just gets the job done. Deserves better.

Also just replace Ocon with Hulk. BAM!!! Two of the most likeable drivers on the circuit.

Kvyat, I mean I like him. A lot. But the results are just not there. Might as well put Jehan Daruvala from F2 in that seat. (yes, yuki tsunado is doing MUCH better, but EVERY SINGLE Japanese driver has disappointed been gutter trash in F1. since 70 years.)

And Haas cant make up their mind if they want to stay in F1. It'd be good if they left, though. The aim that Gene had was to make this an American racing team, popularise the sport in US, but without any American drivers, its going nowhere. Might as well pull the plug. The current drivers are nothing special either.

Either withdraw from F1 entirely, or talk to ferrari and ask them to take over the team, call it scuderia racing, or enzo racing or whatever, (like toro rosso), and bring both schwartzman and Mich Schumacher from F2. 

TL;DR

This is a shitshow, needs fresher drivers. Ferrari already throwing the towel for next year doesnt help.

PS: Would be real fun if Lewis doesnt renew the contract with Merc. Wont hppen, but if it does. Every single team boss will bend over backwards to have him, and the entire market would go topsy turvy.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, AMG said:

Latifi, AKA I finish last at every race has a contract for next season. Seriously, how did this guy win F2?

He didn't xD

In general, I agree that more talents moving up from F2 would be great. Some will not get a chance simply due to not being eligible for super license though. I believe Daruvala needs to finish 5th, Tsunoda 4th in order to qualify. Vips would be another good option but since Red Bull sent him to Super Formula instead of F2, there's virtually no chance for him to be considered for the Toro Rosso seat next season.

At least one of Shwartzman and Mick will make it to F1 next season, I reckon. A lot depends on what happens with Haas.

On 16/08/2020 at 14:44, nudge said:

He didn't xD

In general, I agree that more talents moving up from F2 would be great. Some will not get a chance simply due to not being eligible for super license though. I believe Daruvala needs to finish 5th, Tsunoda 4th in order to qualify. Vips would be another good option but since Red Bull sent him to Super Formula instead of F2, there's virtually no chance for him to be considered for the Toro Rosso seat next season.

At least one of Shwartzman and Mick will make it to F1 next season, I reckon. A lot depends on what happens with Haas.

Thanks doll :D

• Confused 1