talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Big day in F1: In the afternoon @RenaultF1Team will confirm the comeback of @alo_oficial And I collect, besides gardening. further information about a much bigger sensation for the SillySeason. More on Thursday morning on @MST_Formula1!

:35_thinking:

Vettel to Aston Martin?

• Subscriber
On 08/07/2020 at 12:29, Tommy said:

Big day in F1: In the afternoon @RenaultF1Team will confirm the comeback of @alo_oficial And I collect, besides gardening. further information about a much bigger sensation for the SillySeason. More on Thursday morning on @MST_Formula1!

:35_thinking:

Turned out to be speculation about Vettel's potential return to Red Bull next season. 

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel-1/news/sebastian-vettel-und-red-bull-bringt-ihn-nach-hause-20070902

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He fooled us. Saw his facebook post where he did a lot of back paddling. 

Quite disappointing from him. This is just poor journalism or attention seeking, or both... 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Quite disappointing from him. This is just poor journalism or attention seeking, or both... 

Or he thought he was onto something that turned out to be false. :D

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Or he thought he was onto something that turned out to be false. :D

For all that matters, I do think that something is brewing with RB and Seb, that interview round on Servus TV was also a bit bizarre. But to advertise a speculative article like that is a Rosberg level pisstake xD

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

For all that matters, I do think that something is brewing with RB and Seb, that interview round on Servus TV was also a bit bizarre

It was like he left his mistress and returned to his real family. :D

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

In all seriousness, him and Bottas should be made to sit this weekend out. It's one thing to be lenient to slight bending of the rules when everyone involved is in the F1 "bubble" where everyone gets tested regularly anyway, but it's not comparable to flying home between races with no reason, nevermind attending a party and a museum in Leclerc's case. Jeopardising the safety concept and thus potentially risking the whole season, if anyone gets infected.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

To be fair, he was right, it could bore fans.

It's just ironic that he and his team are now doing the same more than Vettel/Ferrari ever could/would xD 

EDIT: Their dominance in itself bores me but what negates that in a positive way is the excitement across the rest of the track - Racing Point (this weekend) being the best of the rest, Red Bull not doing well to challenge, Ferrari being Ferrari, George Russell proving everyone wrong in a Williams car...