talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I know very little about that track, but I'll do my research. 

Various sportscars (both LMS prototypes and GT) and also superbikes raced there in recent years, always a magnificent track. It reminds me of Spa a bit... A lot of fast corners, elevation changes, the whole track has a very nice flow to it. 

Just now, nudge said:

Various sportscars (both LMS prototypes and GT) and also superbikes raced there in recent years, always a magnificent track. It reminds me of Spa a bit... A lot of fast corners, elevation changes, the whole track has a very nice flow to it. 

Yea, just watched this. 

Looks pretty neat. Long and and wide straight, some nice corners and as you said, the elevation changes. That big hill at 01:00 looks amazing. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Headline: "Formula 1 may not race in 2020, say bosses"

Actual quote from Carey: "We are increasingly confident - although there are no guarantees - that we will have a 2020 championship season."

Stupid clickbait headline, expect better from BBC to be honest.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
11 hours ago, nudge said:

Headline: "Formula 1 may not race in 2020, say bosses"

Actual quote from Carey: "We are increasingly confident - although there are no guarantees - that we will have a 2020 championship season."

Stupid clickbait headline, expect better from BBC to be honest.

I don't these days xD 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

I don't these days xD 

Have they gone downhill lately? A pity, I don't regularly read them but always saw them as one of the better sources of news coverage anyway. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Have they gone downhill lately? A pity, I don't regularly read them but always saw them as one of the better sources of news coverage anyway. 

Yeah they are one of the better ones still - but I think in general, journalism has gone downhill. I still go there for football/sport news and other news stories but even so, a lot of it has followed what social media is like - it's more about grabbing attention with a headline (the clickbait) and in some cases the likes/followers/hits on a site as opposed to yearning for and displaying the truth. I'm guilty of it too at times and that's the truth (ironically)!.

The headline in question (F1 in 2020) is a perfect example of that. All the talk is about what will happen to races. One day there's hope of races continuing, season starting on X date at a certain track. The next day it's that headline saying 'no F1 in 2020' but it grabs the readers because they seek controversy, contradictions to catch people out. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

@nudge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52595896

The headline - 'first race back will be chaos' 

But what is also mentioned by Ricciardo.. 

"(It will be) some form of chaos, hopefully in a controlled manner," Ricciardo told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I am not really referencing cars everywhere. But there is going to be so much rust, a combination of emotion, excitement, eagerness."

:D

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

@nudge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52595896

The headline - 'first race back will be chaos' 

But what is also mentioned by Ricciardo.. 

"(It will be) some form of chaos, hopefully in a controlled manner," Ricciardo told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I am not really referencing cars everywhere. But there is going to be so much rust, a combination of emotion, excitement, eagerness."

:D

Well, at least they didn't put "Riccardo to win the world title" as a headline... xD

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why are they selling "McLaren Greetings From Great Britain Mug" though? xD 

00188810_00.jpg?imwidth=600

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

lol good question. Hadn't seen that. Odd. xD

I think it's just a fuck up in the F1 Store failing to put things into the right categories. But I thought for a moment that Williams are in such a dire situation that they are selling the merchandise of their opponents already xD 

That said, I want this:

00228843_00.jpg?imwidth=250

:x

• Wow 1

Just now, nudge said:

I think it's just a fuck up in the F1 Store failing to put things into the right categories. But I thought for a moment that Williams are in such a dire situation that they are selling the merchandise of their opponents already xD 

That said, I want this:

00228843_00.jpg?imwidth=250

:x

Awwww, competition for Baby Yoda! Only 10 Euros. Go for it. :P

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Pfffft, not even close :49_triumph: xD 

Haha, the delivery would probably cost double that.

I paid  4,50 € for delivery. Not sure how it is for Lithuania. I remember that I wanted to buy merch from Sauber once from Switzerland, and the delivery costs were unreal so I never did. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I paid  4,50 € for delivery. Not sure how it is for Lithuania. I remember that I wanted to buy merch from Sauber once from Switzerland, and the delivery costs were unreal so I never did. 

I'll check it out then... I ordered some Werder stuff back when I was living in NL, and they charged me 15€ for a delivery of a single shirt xD Fuck sake.

• Sad 1