• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 5 - 16-18th September, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST)

Saturday 16th September, 2023
Wolves vs Liverpool, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace
Fulham vs Luton
Man Utd vs Brighton
Tottenham vs Sheff Utd
West Ham vs Man City

Newcastle vs Brentford, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 17th September, 2023
Bournemouth vs Chelsea, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Everton vs Arsenal, 16.30 (live on Sky)

Monday 18th September, 2023
Nottm Forest vs Burnley, 20.00 (live on Sky)

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

October 2017 :o

Koeman's second season if I remember correctly. 

It's very "Arsenal" to keep coming and losing at Goodison while they've pretty much improved every season in that time and we've got exponentially worse.

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

It was a good run. The back four Klopp has put out for us is ridiculous though.

Doesn’t seem that bad? Gomez is playing decent at rb, matip fairly good at cb. The academy lad doesnt look out of his depth at all.

I think what made the goal harder to defend was the off the ball run that went down the wing, Gomez had to cover that which creates space to run between Matip and him and at that point you risk a penalty. Think if anyone maybe has to have a word there it’s Robertson and Allison’s late reaction times

• Administrator

Just started watching about 5-10 mins ago. All Wolves. Liverpool look like they struggle to get any decent phases of play together to get opportunities. 

What was the goal and opening stages like? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Just started watching about 5-10 mins ago. All Wolves. Liverpool look like they struggle to get any decent phases of play together to get opportunities. 

What was the goal and opening stages like? 

The same. We’ve been crap.

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Doesn’t seem that bad? Gomez is playing decent at rb, matip fairly good at cb. The academy lad doesnt look out of his depth at all.

I think what made the goal harder to defend was the off the ball run that went down the wing, Gomez had to cover that which creates space to run between Matip and him and at that point you risk a penalty. Think if anyone maybe has to have a word there it’s Robertson and Allison’s late reaction times

I think you are being so generous to Gomez & Matip. Not for the goal, but anything good from Wolves is coming from Neto and he has had them both on skates. Especially Gomez, he’s all over the place anytime he’s up against anybody 1 on 1. 

With that being said, other than one recovery run from Szoboslai, the whole midfield have been awful. No control whatsoever. 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber

Gomez reminds me of Mason Holgate in the right back role (that's not a good thing to clarify).

Absolutely honking half from Liverpool. Not direct enough. You can't play a possession based game and give away so many sloppy passes in midfield. Playing right into Wolves hands with their pacey attack and quite lucky it's only 1-0 to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think you are being so generous to Gomez & Matip. Not for the goal, but anything good from Wolves is coming from Neto and he has had them both on skates. Especially Gomez, he’s all over the place anytime he’s up against anybody 1 on 1. 

With that being said, other than one recovery run from Szoboslai, the whole midfield have been awful. No control whatsoever. 

Yeah probably, definitely since then Neto has created a couple more chance on that side.

The midfield is shoddy, passes are too slow and inaccurate. I’m not even sure Endo not playing is the issue, its build up play, or lack of, thats killing you.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Gomez reminds me of Mason Holgate in the right back role (that's not a good thing to clarify).

Absolutely honking half from Liverpool. Not direct enough. You can't play a possession based game and give away so many sloppy passes in midfield. Playing right into Wolves hands with their pacey attack and quite lucky it's only 1-0 to be honest.

If you mention an Everton player mate, just know you dont need to clarify to us  that something negative is happening xD

• Haha 2

• Administrator

Just seen the goal. You could argue 3 out of 4 defenders at fault there. Matip doesn't do enough to stop Neto, lazy from Quansah (?) for the cross and Robertson has to get something on it before it gets to Hwang. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Alexis probably has to come off. He's ruined transitions and totally given the ball away unnecessarily. Maybe he's tired, maybe his heads not in it today but whatever the case he needs to be taken off in the second half.

I'm guessing he's travelled a lot for Argentina. Looked very leggy. 

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned