Swindon vs Gillingham
Walsall vs Crawley
Wrexham vs Sutton

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke away.

It's one of them where you feel like on paper it should really be three points, but something invariably goes wrong in the game to annoy and frustrate you. We've been very generous giving some goals away in the manner we have so that fragility is in us.

In fairness too, they will be buoyed by that Sunderland result at the weekend.

We already know their gameplan will be to sit in and make it difficult for us, we really need to ensure we get the first goal to coax them out.

Hoping that we can make it four on the bounce mind and close the gap to Ipswich, because its felt a little stop start with us results wise, and we really could do with putting a run together now and establishing ourselves up there.

Full time. We won 4-0 and in all honesty, it should have been more. The first half was easily one of our best performances so far this season, as we looked like scoring with every attack and Huddersfield simply couldn't cope. The second half Huddersfield pushed on fairness, despite Ng's free kick to make it 4-0, but the damage was already done by that point.

Weirdly though, Huddersfield looked more threatening, despite not scoring, in 45 minutes than Watford did in 90 when we played them. Strange how things like that work.

40 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Bluebird Hewitt My friend is telling me about how weird it is seeing Cardiff not being shit. Do you think you could make the play offs?

I wouldn't say we're at that high a level, but we definitely look better than we were the last two seasons. Being out of the embargo will help as well.

As for play offs, no. We've improved, but I think it's a big ask on all honesty, especially with how wide open the division appears to be outside of a few teams.

• Subscriber

Sunderland gave us the best game anyone's given us all season in my opinion. They're the only side to really keep the pressure on us throughout the whole ninety and they probably deserved a goal, but then we did have more chances ourselves.

Banana skin overcome. 8 wins in a row, 12 wins in 13 - it just gets sillier by the game that we're in this league. Last season really was the biggest fuckup you'll ever see.

• Subscriber

It's only a matter of time before we sack our manager. Personally, I think his achievements with us earn him more time with us but the fans are very much against him now. 

We are in horrendous form and whilst we've shown we can score with 2 goals in each of our last 2 games, we can't hang on to leads and we look like we can't do the basics like a 6 yard pass.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Dan said:

Sunderland gave us the best game anyone's given us all season in my opinion. They're the only side to really keep the pressure on us throughout the whole ninety and they probably deserved a goal, but then we did have more chances ourselves.

Banana skin overcome. 8 wins in a row, 12 wins in 13 - it just gets sillier by the game that we're in this league. Last season really was the biggest fuckup you'll ever see.

In the past week, I've met a Man Utd fan, a Villa fan, a Spurs fan and an Evertonian.

They still can't believe we got relegated. It might be stating the obvious, and all Leicester fans know it, but it just speaks volumes that we're not deluded and that arsehole Rodgers totally screwed us over. 

Have to give credit to Sunderland though. They're  the only team that a) we haven't seem to tire into submission and b) actually came at us and not only matched our energy/fitness, but at times surpassed it. A team with better finishing slaughters us with the amount that they got through in behind. Ironically, they had no shots on target despite the numerous opportunities. They were so wasteful. Further ironically, we hit the post twice, and their keeper makes two great saves early in 2nd half. Bellingham and Roberts were their best players. Referee had an absolute mare for both sides. They should have had a penalty, we should have had at least one and he had no idea what to do when it came to giving advantage or just calling clear fouls. 

But, it's another win and another clean sheet. It genuinely excites me what Enzo can do with this side for the rest of the season considering how much change he's influenced within 3-4 months. Staggering how much of a rut the players were in physically and mentally. In comes a new manager with a fresh philosophy and vision, and they seem reinvigorated and rejuvenated. The drop in mentality and the level it eventually got to before relegation was even confirmed was sickening. Within the space of 6 months, it's all been reversed thanks to Maresca and his team. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

In the past week, I've met a Man Utd fan, a Villa fan, a Spurs fan and an Evertonian.

They still can't believe we got relegated. It might be stating the obvious, and all Leicester fans know it, but it just speaks volumes that we're not deluded and that arsehole Rodgers totally screwed us over. 

Have to give credit to Sunderland though. They're  the only team that a) we haven't seem to tire into submission and b) actually came at us and not only matched our energy/fitness, but at times surpassed it. A team with better finishing slaughters us with the amount that they got through in behind. Ironically, they had no shots on target despite the numerous opportunities. They were so wasteful. Further ironically, we hit the post twice, and their keeper makes two great saves early in 2nd half. Bellingham and Roberts were their best players. Referee had an absolute mare for both sides. They should have had a penalty, we should have had at least one and he had no idea what to do when it came to giving advantage or just calling clear fouls. 

But, it's another win and another clean sheet. It genuinely excites me what Enzo can do with this side for the rest of the season considering how much change he's influenced within 3-4 months. Staggering how much of a rut the players were in physically and mentally. In comes a new manager with a fresh philosophy and vision, and they seem reinvigorated and rejuvenated. The drop in mentality and the level it eventually got to before relegation was even confirmed was sickening. Within the space of 6 months, it's all been reversed thanks to Maresca and his team. 

I'm even more convinced of it being the most easily avoided relegation in history now than I was when it was taking place. It really was total insanity, Rodgers was a disgrace but I'll still never believe how Top & Rudkin let it happen as well when he was for months trying every trick in the book for them to bite and sack him.

Sunderland as I said are the best team to come here this season. Sounds harsh on Hull given they actually managed to beat us, but they were pretty fortunate I thought, scored an early deflected goal and got away with us on a bit of an off day as well as some of the most inept refereeing you'll see in terms of timekeeping. Sunderland played well, they made life tricky for us, pressed us very well and are about the only team that didn't tire, they were making us sweat a little at the end.

He won't get the credit because we shouldn't be in this division but that doesn't mean that's correct. He's been nearly faultless. I'm genuinely quite excited to know what our peak under Maresca is - the speed in which he's coached the patterns of play, made us extremely hard to break down, extremely fit. He's been nearly perfect so far. He's got a big future in the game I think and I hope we can get as much of it as possible.

• The topic was unpinned