Harrogate vs Wrexham
Mansfield vs Tranmere
MK Dons vs Grimsby
Morecambe vs Newport
Notts County vs Crawley
Stockport vs Salford
Sutton vs Crewe

• Subscriber

Interesting one for us as we have just got our new manager, David Artell, today. He won't have much time with the players but it'll be intriguing to see how much of an instant impact he can make. Happy that Shaun Pearson is staying on and stepping up for us as Assistant.

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Interesting one for us as we have just got our new manager, David Artell, today. He won't have much time with the players but it'll be intriguing to see how much of an instant impact he can make. Happy that Shaun Pearson is staying on and stepping up for us as Assistant.

Interestingly, I heard you were looking at Steve Morison as your manager before it broke down. 

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Win is a must, I was worried about the draw away to Birmingham that we would start to fall apart. Still good in the table but the last few matches have not been good results wise.

This stretch of fixtures from now until Gameweek 25 is pretty difficult and going in to it in cold form is a concern. Especially given its Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday season.

Thankfully Leeds are soon entering a difficult, albeit a smaller, run of fixtures.

• Subscriber

I feel like almost every time we play this fixture, we go there towards the top of the league while they're struggling at the bottom, it's always around late November and early December, we take around 4,000 expectant fans there, and lose.

Well we're going there on Wednesday 29th November, taking 3,800 fans, we have 42 points from our opening 14 games and sit 1st, to their 6 points, and they're rock bottom.

By my calculations, it's a 3-0 loss.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

This stretch of fixtures from now until Gameweek 25 is pretty difficult and going in to it in cold form is a concern. Especially given its Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday season.

Thankfully Leeds are soon entering a difficult, albeit a smaller, run of fixtures.

Ipswich having Leeds on the 23rd and Leicester on the 26th of December is brutal. Ipswich are a good side but I do think they're letting in a few too many. It was always likely to bite them soon. Really good result from West Brom at the weekend - Birmingham should've gone for Corberan instead of Rooney. Assert dominance over a local rival and I actually think he'd have gone as well given the situation at the two clubs.

I think until that game on boxing day, we have a very kind run if you gloss over the West Brom game on Saturday, although that's a ground we seem to always win at anyway.

Sheff Weds A
West Brom A
Plymouth H
Millwall H
Birmingham A
Rotherham H

Fancy us to start growing the gap again.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Interestingly, I heard you were looking at Steve Morison as your manager before it broke down. 

Thoughts?

That was a complete and utter lie made up by some 'journalist'. He's getting some stick on Twitter/X for it.

On 27/11/2023 at 15:11, The Palace Fan said:

Thankfully? Cheers xD

We do have some very difficult fixtures but I'm hoping playing harder opposition (on paper) will bring an increase in our concentration levels and raise our performances much like Leicester Away did.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Philogene is having some season. I winced at the price but he's achieving Jarrod Bowen status amongst those supporters in the first half of the season.

Philogene started slowly with us last season, but started to show his quality as the season progressed and I think we would have gone down without his form in the second half of the season.

It's a shame we couldn't get him back in some capacity this season.

• Administrator

Ffs. 92nd min goal for Sheff Weds. 

Idiotic foul to give away from Mavididi to give them a chance to lump the ball in from a free kick. 

Pathetic from us. Got way too comfortable in this game and didn't create enough. They're absolutely shit as well. Gifted a draw to them. 

• Administrator

Actually livid that we've not won that. Dropping points against bottom of the league just isn't acceptable. Especially when we could have tried more to actually score a few more with how sloppy they were. We were so sloppy and casual at times. 

Maresca needs to give them a bollocking for that. 

Comfortable night in the main. Did what we needed to do although it felt like we had another gear in us.

One thing that seems to be consistant in this league is Rutter and Summerville. They just always seem to look like two Year 11 kids playing against Year 7's on the playground. The quality they possess for this league is a joke, thank god we kept them (so far)

Swansea have some decent players, but that Duff hasn't a clue for me. I get you're playing away to a team you're expected to lose to but he's got to give them more lease to be threatening with what they have.

Bit more pressure applied and they could have caused us issues but they seemed far too passive.

• Subscriber

We really are unconvincing. I've been giving us a lot of the benefit of the doubt but I am starting to think that we don't really have the gears to go through and that this side that unnecessarily keeps games tighter than they need to is what we are. I think we've been running pretty hot for points and it's starting to catch up with us. Bar the run between the September and October international breaks I've found us quite underwhelming, even despite the points tally.

We badly need a reaction. I can't believe we've just served that up against a side so blatantly not cut out for this level. Absolutely revolting, if we have a result as bad as that again this season I'll be mortified.

• The topic was unpinned
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Actually livid that we've not won that. Dropping points against bottom of the league just isn't acceptable. Especially when we could have tried more to actually score a few more with how sloppy they were. We were so sloppy and casual at times. 

Maresca needs to give them a bollocking for that. 

I haven't checked admittedly but how's your form been since Leeds (I think?) stopped your winning streak when you won more or less every game bar one?

When I've seen your results since, it seems a little patchy at present.