talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kalvin Phillips To Sign For West Ham On Loan

It seems like it is at an impasse.  City are trying to force a obligation to buy which is the same amount as they bought him for.   

When  city bought him he was off his worse season yet and missed a lot of games, he hasn't exactly made himself selectable at city who took him on the exact same premise we hope to get out of him and that is a return to 2020/2021 from.   Time is running out for Phillip's but he is not worth a 40m gamble when city got him for that.

City being greedy will kill this deal, theywant 40m for a player who 18 months older and barely played with suggestions over his attitude and work rate being questionable.  15m tops for a reclamation project on stupid money

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

City being greedy will kill this deal, theywant 40m for a player who 18 months older and barely played with suggestions over his attitude and work rate being questionable.  15m tops for a reclamation project on stupid money

40million for an English international is not being greedy, it's cheap when you look at Rice and just because he cant get a game in the best team in the world doesn't mean he's a bad player, he's competing with Rodri, the best in the game. pay up or stop wasting our time

Edited by Happy Blue

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

40million for an English international is not being greedy, it's cheap when you look at Rice and just because he cant get a game in the best team in the world doesn't mean he's a bad player, he's competing with Rodri, the best in the game. pay up or stop wasting our time

I thought Rice was pretty overrated, but he made the step up to Arsenal and looked even better than he's done at West Ham or England. Phillips I thought was a big ball of energy when playing for England and always looked better for Leeds, but since coming to City he's faded into irrelevance other than the fact Southgate will pick his favourites regardless of how much time on the pitch they get.

I think it's like Scott Parker once he left Charlton. To me it looks clear he's not a top player, he's probably above average but beyond that... I don't think he's got what it takes. And neither does Pep. I can't remember what percentage of the fee Chelsea paid for Parker they recouped when they sold him off... but I imagine City will have to settle for a similar percentage back when they move him on.

Not saying he's a bad player, but he's not a top player, and I think plenty of clubs would have massive reservations about being committed to paying that much for someone who's not really done anything in over a season.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought Rice was pretty overrated, but he made the step up to Arsenal and looked even better than he's done at West Ham or England. Phillips I thought was a big ball of energy when playing for England and always looked better for Leeds, but since coming to City he's faded into irrelevance other than the fact Southgate will pick his favourites regardless of how much time on the pitch they get.

I think it's like Scott Parker once he left Charlton. To me it looks clear he's not a top player, he's probably above average but beyond that... I don't think he's got what it takes. And neither does Pep. I can't remember what percentage of the fee Chelsea paid for Parker they recouped when they sold him off... but I imagine City will have to settle for a similar percentage back when they move him on.

Not saying he's a bad player, but he's not a top player, and I think plenty of clubs would have massive reservations about being committed to paying that much for someone who's not really done anything in over a season.

Munich are interested in him, he'd probably do great in Germany. would you not have him at Liverpool? he's had 18mths under the best Manager in the game, he must of improved him somewhere :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The last good season he had was 20/21, 21/22 he missed half a season and when he returned he was okay.  22/23 hardly played and injured, 23/24 hardly played.   You have to go back 30 months since he was last good.

40 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Munich are interested in him, he'd probably do great in Germany. would you not have him at Liverpool? he's had 18mths under the best Manager in the game, he must of improved him somewhere :ph34r:

You live in delusion,  the fact pep rather play Rico Lewis is telling.  This whole city, England crap is bullshit.  The real reason city are trying to sell him for what they bought him for is to avoid FFP offsetting written off losses.   

I haven't  seen anything about Bayern's wanting him only the delusion Bayern would swap a good player for someone that's played 7 games in 2 years.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

would you not have him at Liverpool?

No lol, we just got rid of a bunch of midfielders who's best performances were also 18 months ago. He's not exactly young and he's in what should be his physical peak, so him not being able to even get a game compared to academy players has me thinking he's not going to live up to his "potential." I think his best at Leeds is probably as good as it'll get for him and while he may hit those heights again at another club, I doubt it'll be for a club that want to seriously contend for big trophies.

I just hope he goes somewhere in the right system, similar to Bielsa, get the best out of him because there is a class player in there and as much as we talk about Rice now, Rice doesn’t have Phillips passing range or ability to find one.

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I haven't  seen anything about Bayern's wanting him only the delusion Bayern would swap a good player for someone that's played 7 games in 2 years.

So that makes it un-true because YOU don't know the in's and out's of City and Munich's transfer talks? ..they don't want to sell Kimmich, he's not happy and want's to play under Pep again. IF we can convince Munich to sell it would be Phillips plus like 70million, it not a swap is it, it's cash plus a replacement they are interested in

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

So that makes it un-true because YOU don't know the in's and out's of City and Munich's transfer talks? ..they don't want to sell Kimmich, he's not happy and want's to play under Pep again. IF we can convince Munich to sell it would be Phillips plus like 70million, it not a swap is it, it's cash plus a replacement they are interested in

That will only happen in the summer if it does and you need Phillip's to be playing and playing well

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-transfers-news-phillips-nketiah-2024-b1132692.html

No smoke without fire. He'd be the best short term solution for a side in our position until Doucoure returns but you'd think Newcastle could offer him just as much game time with there unavailable list.

It sounds like we're waiting Ekitike to make a decision before pushing for an attacking forward as his decision is likely to start a domino effect ie. if he goes West Ham then Ings is available.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-transfers-news-phillips-nketiah-2024-b1132692.html

No smoke without fire. He'd be the best short term solution for a side in our position until Doucoure returns but you'd think Newcastle could offer him just as much game time with there unavailable list.

It sounds like we're waiting Ekitike to make a decision before pushing for an attacking forward as his decision is likely to start a domino effect ie. if he goes West Ham then Ings is available.

Looking like the Newcastle deal is dead at the moment. don't know if Phillips would want a permanent transfer to Palace with Munich & Juventus interested in a summer move but he'd be a great short term loan for you lot

21 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Looking like the Newcastle deal is dead at the moment. don't know if Phillips would want a permanent transfer to Palace with Munich & Juventus interested in a summer move but he'd be a great short term loan for you lot

If he doesn’t want to leave the UK, being a multimillionaire in London for half a season doesn’t sound too bad.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he doesn’t want to leave the UK, being a multimillionaire in London for half a season doesn’t sound too bad.

It beats sitting on a bench cheer leading and never getting played 4 sure

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We are trying to work out a deal with Everton for Onana, finally looking at the right player

What happened to Newcastle's FFP problems? xD

Onana won't be cheap. We paid about £30m for him and he isn't short of admirers.

19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What happened to Newcastle's FFP problems? xD

Onana won't be cheap. We paid about £30m for him and he isn't short of admirers.

We don't have FFP problems, we have limits, 120m is revenue that will only reflect on the next financial statements.

We have around 40m left on this seasons budget and we may have a few low-key departures to bump it a little.   

From what I read on this is that Everton need to raise a sum before 30 June or face FFP sanctions again and may see Onana as the easy route.  we have surprisingly done deals with Everton over the years, how a deal looks may mean a certain amount up front then deferred amounts I don't know.

15 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

West Ham in the mix now too, Newcastle cant afford him

I thinks it is more a case of us not wanting to be forced to pay 40m on top of a 6m loan for a player who will be thirty and 3 years since his last good season.   

We are not going to overplay to help city break even on a player with a 35m book debt.

8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I thinks it is more a case of us not wanting to be forced to pay 40m on top of a 6m loan for a player who will be thirty and 3 years since his last good season.   

We are not going to overplay to help city break even on a player with a 35m book debt.

I think you are snookered with FFP too. the thing is other clubs are willing to pay what we want so why would we sell for less? 

9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

You will be stuck with him when the window closes.  

He will be gone by this summer at the latest. WHU want him, we want Packman (if he gets cleared) Palace, Munich, Juventus & you lot are interested in him for a start 

I found out a bit about this yesterday. Initially Man City wanted what would have been an eight figure outlay and there wasn't the interest they anticipated. They have since said they'd take a five million flat fee and pay his wages, which has perked the interest of a lot of Premier League clubs, so I expect the final fee to be somewhere in the middle.

• The title was changed to Kalvin Phillips To Sign For West Ham On Loan