talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kalvin Phillips To Sign For West Ham On Loan

8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We are trying to do a swap deal with Munich for Kimmich with Phillips going the other way, more likely to be this summer though than Jan

Yes, I’m sure Munich fancy swapping their highly rated world class midfielder for your random bench warmer.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yes, I’m sure Munich fancy swapping their highly rated world class midfielder for your random bench warmer.

Some City fan acting as an ITK started this on Twitter, genuinely hilarious stuff lol

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Munich are interested in Phillips and Kimmich isn't happy at Munich and wants to move to City. this is from someone who works at City @Dannynot just some random twitter guy. if we can get him though is another matter

14 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We are trying to do a swap deal with Munich for Kimmich with Phillips going the other way, more likely to be this summer though than Jan

lol without Phillips having a track record to fall back on he is going nowhere, ergo a loan is in City's interest and Phillips as he was last good in 20/21

25 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

lol without Phillips having a track record to fall back on he is going nowhere, ergo a loan is in City's interest and Phillips as he was last good in 20/21

England international? he doesn't fit Pep's system, doesn't mean he's a bad player and not respected in football. He's going out on loan 100% though, we just not sure where yet

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

With Tuchel, I wouldn't be surprised. 

There was even talk about him wanting Musiala out. 

• Wow 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Kimmich and Tuchel are not getting on apparently 

Tuchel is a weird one. All the makings of a great manager, but at terrible squad builder and clearly not someone everyone can get along with. 

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Munich are interested in Phillips and Kimmich isn't happy at Munich and wants to move to City. this is from someone who works at City @Dannynot just some random twitter guy. if we can get him though is another matter

he also thought Kimmich was in the last 6 months of his contract and that Bayern would accept £20m for him

1 hour ago, Danny said:

he also thought Kimmich was in the last 6 months of his contract and that Bayern would accept £20m for him

No figures was mentioned from the City source. where have you got that from? we value Phillips at £40m so double that for Kimmach at least lol

Edited by Happy Blue

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

No figures was mentioned from the City source. where have you got that from? we value Phillips at £40 so double that for Kimmach at least lol

Literally mentions it in the tweet

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Tuchel is a weird one. All the makings of a great manager, but at terrible squad builder and clearly not someone everyone can get along with. 

Might come down to who Munich want to keep more if they cant work together

21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Might come down to who Munich want to keep more if they cant work together

He's pissing me off even more now, and he's gone. 

Showing this much effort and energy for Bayern to sign a DM yet showed no care whatsoever when he was managing us. Crippiling Kante and Kovacic to make up for Jorginho's immobility. 

I just hope wherever he goes, he gets a good, fair run of it with no niggly injuries. He's a lovely lad and whilst his stock is tainted now due to his career stalling, there is still a cracking player in there.

He's got great attributes for this league and a few others due to his strengths. I actually could see him being really good in Serie A for Juventus or someone like that.

He can be an asset to a number of sides here and once he get's a run and rediscovers his confidence (it's absolutely battered at the minute) I think someone will inherit a really decent player. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I just hope wherever he goes, he gets a good, fair run of it with no niggly injuries. He's a lovely lad and whilst his stock is tainted now due to his career stalling, there is still a cracking player in there.

He's got great attributes for this league and a few others due to his strengths. I actually could see him being really good in Serie A for Juventus or someone like that.

He can be an asset to a number of sides here and once he get's a run and rediscovers his confidence (it's absolutely battered at the minute) I think someone will inherit a really decent player. 

He could be going to Newcastle if they agree to the loan fee (5million) and agree to buy him for 40million in the summer if we cant do a deal with Bayern Munich. think both would be a good move for him

The stumbling block in this deal is any obligation to buy with FFP being something we will push to the max.  The financial spending limits are a major issue in any deal and we cannot just make deals to sign players without knowing what our next summer limits are.

Talk of major players leaving all will be expensive players that could reset our FFP but on the same token just puts us back. 

Edited by OrangeKhrush

32 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The stumbling block in this deal is any obligation to buy with FFP being something we will push to the max.  The financial spending limits are a major issue in any deal and we cannot just make deals to sign players without knowing what our next summer limits are.

Talk of major players leaving all will be expensive players that could reset our FFP but on the same token just puts us back. 

You'd probably just move on someone for a fee they're not worth to a Saudi side, like you did with St. Maximin

12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I dont think its fair to point out the Newcastle example as Saudi money has been an FFP lifeline for all clubs that have been able to offload players to that part of the world.

They're owned by PIF, which owns that league - so it's a bit different than other clubs offloading their deadwood to Saudi Arabia in that it's the same decision makers on both ends when it's Newcastle to Saudi.

• The title was changed to Kalvin Phillips To Sign For West Ham On Loan