talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chilean Superstar Ben Brereton-Diaz Returns to England

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think the Lukaku picture was where I saw the air of arrogance, to be quite honest. As if you'd won the argument just because people hadn't replied yet at the time...

Like how you generalise that footballers are liars or thick? 

Tbf I think I made the generalisation that footballers are thick.

And also tbf to me, I've listened to footballers speak before on the media... for pretty much most of my entire life. So while I typically hate sweeping generalisations... I stand by that one. Footballers are thick, but it's to be expected when they put most of their focus into football rather than an education for so much of their early lives.

I actually don't blame the players though, I blame the clubs. They're doing a disservice to young men (and women now) because not everyone is going to make it at the level they're training for... and that's often why you hear about clubs having academy graduates who struggle later in their lives when they don't make it in football. They're victims of the industry imo.

1 hour ago, Goku de la Boca said:

English people definitely do NOT need to learn another language.

302,020 English people live in Spain.

176,672 in France

98,553 in Germany

65,645 in Italy 

That's approximately 600,000 there who should need to really.

7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

176,672 in France

98,553 in Germany

65,645 in Italy 

Youre being very generous. The English there is definitely worse than in countries like Germany or Scandinavia but I just checked with Spain and the English proficiency is not bad.

I do agree it's a bunch of countries where it's far easier to know the native language but I don't think it's impossible to get by. In South America on the other hand it definitely is barring Argentina.

9 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

176,672 in France

98,553 in Germany

65,645 in Italy 

uno beero por favor, gracias darl, get us anuva pie-eller then

8 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Youre being very generous. The English there is definitely worse than in countries like Germany or Scandinavia but I just checked with Spain and the English proficiency is not bad.

I do agree it's a bunch of countries where it's far easier to know the native language but I don't think it's impossible to get by. In South America on the other hand it definitely is barring Argentina.

What I'm saying is, even if they can get by, people shouldn't be expected to learn English in the countries mentioned and it should be the other way around. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Spike said:

uno beero por favor, gracias darl, get us anuva pie-eller then

On the list I was looking it, it claims there are 1,250,000 English living in Australia. I knew there were alot, but not that fucking many.

Saying that, you can't blame them. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris

19 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

What I'm saying is, even if they can get by, people shouldn't be expected to learn English in the countries mentioned and it should be the other way around. 

Yes I get your point as well as @Dr. Gonzo and agree with it, but there are many people who will conform themselves just knowing English. This is a sad truth with a lot of people.

49 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

On the list I was looking it, it claims there are 1,250,000 English living in Australia. I knew there were alot, but not that fucking many.

Saying that, you can't blame them. 

More than that, I'd reckon.