Notts County vs Stockport
Swindon vs Tranmere
Walsall vs Accrington Stanley

Tuesday 23rd January, 2024
Bradford vs Salford, 19.45
MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon, 19.45
Morecambe vs Crewe, 19.45

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

The short notice of that Leeds Norwich fixture is shocking.

They're just down the road. Not far to travel at all. :ph34r:

For us, I expect us to lose in all honesty as we've looked very poor in a lot of our recent matches.

Based on recent form, Rubin Colwill should really be starting now, as he's the only one who looks capable of doing anything. Playing a midfield of Siopis, Ralls and Wintle sets us up to be defensive with no outlet whatsoever.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The short notice of that Leeds Norwich fixture is shocking.

Least we know who the captains will be on Gaffr - Summerville or Rutter no doubt!

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

Dewsbury-Hall a doubt and Ndidi at AFCON.

2/3rds of our solid midfield out. 

Fatawu suspended. 

Lump on Ipswich win. 

I quite fancied us to produce a bit of a reaction in this game but I'm a lot less sure when it's laid bare like that. It's probably going to be Casadei and Yunus Akgun as a midfield two and that's been horrid pretty much every time it's played.

People will point to our depth and it's fair enough in a way but when you're having to change that many at once it's going to have a detrimental effect no matter who you are.

Ipswich have definitely been a lot better at home than away but they've caught us at a pretty good time here I think. They are still 2nd and they're 2nd for a reason.

A good test for Maresca - we need a reaction after that last week.

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

It is quite funny that Fatawu skipped AFCON to help Leicester and then got himself suspended.

Yeah it is ironic.

Some debate over the red card. I think it was a stupid challenge to make, but wasn't sure if it was a red.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah it is ironic.

Some debate over the red card. I think it was a stupid challenge to make, but wasn't sure if it was a red.

I'm in the camp that it isn't a red but an appeal wouldn't have had it overturned and it was a brainless thing to do at an already heated part of the game.

Only solace is he'll be back for the Stoke game, rather than Watford as originally feared.

• Administrator

Swansea could have made this 4-3 based on the 2nd half. 

But then again, Southampton could have made it about 7-1 by half time. 

Where do we start?

First half we were not too bad. Plymouth looked threatening but so did we. Tanner looked shit and should have been subbed for Bowler at half time.

So the second half begins, Tanner goes off and.............Romeo, an RB, comes on. We change to a back five and basically let Plymouth run riot. Concede around the 51st minute to go 2-1 down and then look hopeless going forward, despite looking lively in the first half. All that was needed was Bowler on for Tanner and try to continue as we were.

Very negative thinking from Bulut that has arguably cost us, and I'm starting to question whether Bulut can pick us back up, considering how piss poor we've been. Granted, he sounds frustrated at not being backed in the January window (we've signed no one so far, despite no longer having a ban) and wouldn't be surprised if he walked, but then the cycle of shit continues in that we sack another manager, get some lackey in and continue the shitfest.

• Subscriber

The top six is looking increasingly established. I'd almost go as far as saying I think if any of them could drop out it would be West Brom rather than Coventry. I can't stand them and I'd be gutted if they got promoted but I have so much respect for Robins. Lost his two best players in the summer, always seems to start slowly and then grows into the season. They have an annoyingly good churn in terms of transfer business, they seem to lose a key head and use the funds to improve the team as a collective even if they take the hit on the player they've sold. It's exactly how to do it as a club in their position. I think it's when not if for them getting promoted really - if it isn't this season I can see it being next.

Leeds United 2- 1 Preston 'Anti- Football Shithousing bastards' North end.

Always the most satisfying wins these, especially when teams do what they did.

They got what they deserved. Zero sympathy. 

Referee was appalling today too, but so many of them are like this. I'm all for allowing a game to glow but fuck me, Preston were allowed to kick us to shreds. It's about time some of these EFL refs start providing more protection for the talented players that get hacked to shreds.

Yeah, it's all fun and games till we lose someone like Summerville or Georginho for a month or so.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Leeds United 2- 1 Preston 'Anti- Football Shithousing bastards' North end.

Always the most satisfying wins these, especially when teams do what they did.

They got what they deserved. Zero sympathy. 

Referee was appalling today too, but so many of them are like this. I'm all for allowing a game to glow but fuck me, Preston were allowed to kick us to shreds. It's about time some of these EFL refs start providing more protection for the talented players that get hacked to shreds.

Yeah, it's all fun and games till we lose someone like Summerville or Georginho for a month or so.

Whilst Preston certainly approached the game one way once they realised how soft the ref was, let's not overlook Kamara's karate kick on Frokjaer xD.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Every time I pose a small question about this season I remember you have the likes of Banter Ben pushing for promotion in 2024.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Every time I pose a small question about this season I remember you have the likes of Banter Ben pushing for promotion in 2024.

It must be frustrating for Ismael. He's fine tuned a bunch of individuals he wouldn't sign in to a good team but then he's got two goalkeepers who are clearly not good enough.

I'm surprised they didn't move for Daniel Iversen.

• The topic was unpinned