talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Agree £25m Deal for Savio

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I repeat, this Man City/Troyes situation is multi-club ownership, not a mutually agreed feeder club arrangement. The two are completely different.

It's a pyramid scheme where the subsidiary holdings are spreading the FFP.

On market rate a player like Savio having the season he is, should go for 50m

Edited by OrangeKhrush

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I repeat, this Man City/Troyes situation is multi-club ownership, not a mutually agreed feeder club arrangement. The two are completely different.

I think both types of arrangements should be prohibited, honestly 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think both types of arrangements should be prohibited, honestly 

I think the old arrangement of having a club you can send your youth players to to play at an appropriate level is fine. Anyone could enter such an agreement if they wanted to. Not any owner of an elite club can afford to buy multiple other clubs across world football to use to get around FFP rules, nor should that be allowed.

This will come to a head for City's owners at some point as I'm pretty sure Girona and Man City aren't allowed to compete in the Champions League at the same time due to the conflict of interests but knowing modern football they'll probably just pay off whoever they need to to look the other way and get their way as always.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I think the old arrangement of having a club you can send your youth players to to play at an appropriate level is fine. Anyone could enter such an agreement if they wanted to. Not any owner of an elite club can afford to buy multiple other clubs across world football to use to get around FFP rules, nor should that be allowed.

This will come to a head for City's owners at some point as I'm pretty sure Girona and Man City aren't allowed to compete in the Champions League at the same time due to the conflict of interests but knowing modern football they'll probably just pay off whoever they need to to look the other way and get their way as always.

I thinking anything they’ve turned Girona into a club they can easily sell that another owner with deep pockets may see some value in buying. Could be a generic ownership, could be related to something like the Saudi’s (not necessarily them).

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Teams in the City group are our feeder clubs https://www.cityfootballgroup.com/our-clubs/ scroll down and you will see Troyes

Yeah but this is a different definition of "feeder club" to what used to exist. Antwerp can end their association with Man Utd whenever they want if it no longer benefits them. If the Glazers bought a controlling stake in Antwerp then it would change the relationship entirely.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah but this is a different definition of "feeder club" to what used to exist. Antwerp can end their association with Man Utd whenever they want if it no longer benefits them. If the Glazers bought a controlling stake in Antwerp then it would change the relationship entirely.

It's different sure, i get your point that we own these clubs to some degree. is this a good or bad thing? i'm undecided. what are your arguments against it? 

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

It's different sure, i get your point that we own these clubs to some degree. is this a good or bad thing? i'm undecided. what are your arguments against it? 

It’s a terrible thing. Just use your imagination, what if the opposite had happened and all City existed for was to hold players for a foreign team

1 hour ago, Spike said:

It’s a terrible thing. Just use your imagination, what if the opposite had happened and all City existed for was to hold players for a foreign team

Are the other teams not doing better than they would without us? look at Girona. they get top young players sent to them and able to use our scouting network etc.  it's bad that they lose there top players but is this not what happens anyway in football when a Madrid, Munich etc comes calling? and i don't see many of these players progressing to City, most of our Academy players will fall short too   ..you could argue the case that when a club gets to Girona level we should sell up and set them free, think UEFA are working on only allowing one club in the group to compete in the CL so our hand might be forced anyway

Edited by Happy Blue

48 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Are the other teams not doing better than they would without us? look at Girona. they get top young players sent to them and able to use our scouting network etc.  it's bad that they lose there top players but is this not what happens anyway in football when a Madrid, Munich etc comes calling? and i don't see many of these players progressing to City, most of our Academy players will fall short too   ..you could argue the case that when a club gets to Girona level we should sell up and set them free, think UEFA are working on only allowing one club in the group to compete in the CL so our hand might be forced anyway

I’d say that doing better isn’t what it’s about, though is it? I remember you often speak fondly about the Kinkladze years, they had a relegation when he played, didn’t they?

Girona were even promoted before the Citygroup bought them, clubs should be owned by fans not become chess pieces for a multinational conglomerate funded with  blood oil. Man City was founded as a charity to help disenfranchised men on the streets of Manchester, now what is it? A brand? If it was only about success why do fans keep going to clubs all the way down the ladder?

Emiliano Zapata said ‘it’s better to die on your feet than live on your knees’.

Edited by Spike

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I’d say that doing better isn’t what it’s about, though is it? I remember you often speak fondly about the Kinkladze years, they had a relegation when he played, didn’t they?

Girona were even promoted before the Citygroup bought them, clubs should be owned by fans not become chess pieces for a multinational conglomerate funded with  blood oil. Man City was founded as a charity to help disenfranchised men on the streets of Manchester, now what is it? A brand? If it was only about success why do fans keep going to clubs all the way down the ladder?

Emiliano Zapata said ‘it’s better to die on your feet than live on your knees’.

We had a few relegations :4_joy: the Kinky era was some of the best years for me, travelling around seeing the smaller old grounds and fighting our way back up, i really would love it if the FA kick us down the leagues to start from the bottom again. after the first few titles and completing football last season i am rather bored with football now tbh, it's like when you can buy more or less anything you want you don't appreciate things the same because you can just go get it instead of having to work hard for it, if our owners left tomorrow i'd probably start enjoy the game again. i tried supporting Oldham but it just didn't feel right, felt like a fake fan :4_joy: supporting someone else is just not going to work for me. CTID is in my dna

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We had a few relegations :4_joy: the Kinky era was some of the best years for me, travelling around seeing the smaller old grounds and fighting our way back up, i really would love it if the FA kick us down the leagues to start from the bottom again. after the first few titles and completing football last season i am rather bored with football now tbh, it's like when you can buy more or less anything you want you don't appreciate things the same because you can just go get it instead of having to work hard for it, if our owners left tomorrow i'd probably start enjoy the game again. i tried supporting Oldham but it just didn't feel right, felt like a fake fan :4_joy: supporting someone else is just not going to work for me. CTID is in my dna

I think that’s exactly the feeling people have when their teams are bought up! 

• 1 month later...