talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 - Bahrain GP - 29th Feb to 2nd March

• The title was changed to F1 2024 - Bahrain GP - 29th Feb to 2nd March
  • The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

Free Practice today. I'm treating any challenge to Red Bull to be a bonus this season. Hopefully the Mercedes/McLaren/Ferrari/Aston Martin battle behind them provides the intrigue and entertainment like it did last year. Behind Verstappen, you could see Perez, Alonso, Hamilton, Russell, Leclerc, Sainz, Norris and possible Piastri be pretty interchangeable throughout the year.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Good grief. How. The. Fuck. Have Alpine managed to build a slower car than Haas?

Haas actually looks pretty decent. Much better than I expected. Especially if they really fixed their tyre deg issue in the race. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

My Hulkenberg slowest in Q1 prediction looking smart so far. xD

That's what you get for doubting the Hulk! 

I got Gasly correct though. :27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

How come this is a day earlier than usual? And not on a Sunday? 

Think they getting things read for Ramadan. Same next week, race is on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Has to be comfortably the most awful era of Formula One and we've got 23 more races this year and all of next year before a meaningful rule change.

I remember 2021 between Max and Lewis. Because there was competition for the title it's a different feeling. During qualifying you feel really tense. Build up to the race and the formation lap you really are on edge. Yesterday during qualy and the race today. I was browsing the net for parts of it. Not really paying that much attention.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I remember 2021 between Max and Lewis. Because there was competition for the title it's a different feeling. During qualifying you feel really tense. Build up to the race and the formation lap you really are on edge. Yesterday during qualy and the race today. I was browsing the net for parts of it. Not really paying that much attention.

I had it on the tv and watched the football on my laptop and to be honest a couple of times I forgot the race was even on.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

One of the worst things is the pundits and media talking up how much closer the field has got. You can fuck off. That was a carbon copy of practically every race from last year. You can show me as many graphs about the percentage change of qualifying times all you like. Ferrari might nick half a dozen pole positions but Verstappen will easily win nearly, if not all of the ordinary races this season.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned